1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite Spooky/Scary Horror Movie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantariaTempesta, Sep 22, 2017.

1. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I know it's not even October yet but I must ask, what are some of your favorite spooky scary horror movies you like to watch around Halloween time? (Or anytime...)

It's a silly question for me to ask, considering I don't even like horror themed stuff since I have a very faint heart. As a kid I used to be terrified of The Nightmare Before Christmas, but now it's become both a Halloween and Christmas tradition in my house to watch it.
    If I maybe honest, my favorite Halloween themed movie to watch is Mickey Mouse: House of Mouse VILLAINS Halloween Special, for those who haven't seen it, basically it's a bunch of Halloween/Spooky cartoon shorts of Disney characters like Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey etc. but in the House of Mouse, a lot of Disney villains like Judge Frollo, Jafar, Ursula, Hades etc. take over the House of Mouse. It's pretty cool actually to see the Heroes and Villains co-exist and play antics on each other, I recommend it.
    But yeah, I'm curious to know what Halloween themed movies or scary/horror movies you like to watch.

• Like Like x 2
  2. winter
    Cold

winter Cog Crusher
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Man, I love me some horror! Every day starting from September 1st to October 31st, I have this weird tradition where I try and watch a different horror movie every night, and I love it! I mostly stick to the classics like Psycho and The Ring, but I've been getting into a bunch of modernized ones lately. One of my current favorites is Lights Out :D

(Also, has anyone seen the new IT yet? I'm DYING to see it DX)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Flunky
    Bored

Flunky Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I love the Saw series! Apart from the last film though which was terrriiiibleeee! I also grew up loving the IT mini-series but now I think the 2017 IT film may have just replaced it. ( I'm going to watch IT for the second time today! ) I also love watching Goosebumps even though they aren't really that scary but they're a bit spooky.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Catcat
    In-Love

Catcat afk crying TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm not too into horror movies, though my mother lives for them-
    My favorite Halloween themed movie would have to be Nightmare Before Christmas, even though I'm not too sure if I'm supposed to watch that around Halloween or Christmas, there's alot of nostalgia that comes with watching it since I've loved it since I was super young.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gotgags
    Artistic

gotgags New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    I think mine counts more as a thriller than horror (I'm faint-hearted as well). Wait Until Dark from 1967. Scarier than I ever thought I'd watch/could handle. Two others are Haunted Honeymoon from 1986 and Transylvania 6-5000 from 1985. Haunted Honeymoon is characterized as a comedy-chiller and Transylvania 6-5000 is definitely more of a spoof with a lot of the classic monsters. Can you tell I like old movies? :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 3
  6. twinkleberry
    Breezy

twinkleberry Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Oh boy, I love horror movies.
    Some of my favorites are: Get Out, Split, The Dark Tower, It, Rings, Annabelle (and the new one as well), Saw, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Exorcist, The Shining, The Conjuring, The Cabin In The Woods, The Blair Witch Project... and a lot more, I'm just too lazy to continue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 16, 2017 ---
    The new It is good. Didn't understand it the first time I saw it, but then I read into the book's sparknotes and watched the old movie and it grew on me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stepp
    No Mood

Stepp Gag Trainer

35%
    i just watched Sinister for the first time and thought it was pretty chilling. It Follows is prob my fav though

8. Koodge
    Breezy

Koodge Gag Trainer

35%
    Get Out was really good, Silence of the Lambs and the Hannibal series is also really good, Hostel is funny but alright, The Human Centipede series goes from okay to really dumb, hills have eyes is super good.

• Like Like x 2
  9. soundwave12345
    Asleep

soundwave12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
  10. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    I loved Child's Play and Child's Play 2. I also liked Stranger With My Face.

11. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    IT (the first version) !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I am an absolute horror fanatic, my boyfriend gets so frustrated because he'll want to watch a scary movie and every single one he has ever suggested, I've already seen, sometimes I've watched them multiple times. I've seen about every horror movie you can think of, unless it's clearly absolute trash and I've avoided watching it. I'm going to give you a solid list in case anyone on here is actually interested in watching some pretty decent scary/creepy/gore movies, I got you.

My favorites:

The Conjuring & Annabelle series (since they tie into each other)
    The Insidious series
    The Collector and The Collection (related) - pretty dang gory at points
    It Follows briefly gory
    The Descent (1 & 2) gory
    The Cave can be gory
    Evil Dead (2013; the original 1 & 2 from the 80's are trash) pretttty gory
    28 Days/Weeks Later (solid zombie movies) gory but not disgusting imo
    30 Days of Night (vampire theme) can be gory
    Sinister 1 & 2 (pretty good aside from the children who are absolutely terrible and ruin the quality of the horror *literal eyeroll*)
    The Strangers and You're Next (similar, both good) a little gory but meh
    Lights Out gory at some points
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, TCM: The Beginning, TCM 3D (The originals are OK, but I feel like sooo much of the movie is just the characters doing normal stuff, no horror, I got bored and never finished any of them) definitely gory
    Halloween: Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween: H2O, Halloween: Resurrection and Halloween (2007) ; (The Halloween's from 78'-89' are just like the early TCM, booooring) can be gory
    Hostel (I & II) very gory
    The Cabin in The Woods verrrry gory at certain points
    Parlor quite gory
    The Purge series can be entertaining, more thrill than horror gory but eh, not gross
    Ouija: The Origin of Evil
    The Boy (very odd)
    Cabin Fever (2016) yep gory
    Crimson Peak (not super scary, freaky at some points but cool to watch)
    Godzilla 2012 (Ok, not horror but it turned out pretty good imo)
    Wrong Turn series (1-6; honestly on the cheaper side of production, based on cannibal hillbillies but they are fun to watch and super gory which I get a kick out of lol) all super gory throughout

That's all I can think of for now, if you like horror/gore/creepy and haven't seen some of these or any, watch them and ur welcome. You can tell I'm a horror junky just by the effort I put into this post, hopefully it actually helps someone find movies. I know this is a TTR forum, so who knows how many horror fans are on here but oh well, here it is incase

Last edited: May 16, 2018