1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to train gags most efficiently?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by LollipopPickleberry, May 14, 2018.

1. Hello there,

my 84 laffer has to do many Cog Mints.. but I still feel like my gags are a burden, since I neither have Hypno Goggles nor Foghorn.

Is there any other way than doing 5-story buildings while invasion to get much exp in a fairly fast time?

Just to clear up my gags:
    Toon-up: Pixie
    Lure: $10-Bill
    Sound: Elephant Trunk
    Throw: Maxed
    Squirt: Maxed
    Drop: Sandbag (Lure and Sound are my priorities atm)

I'm still around 2300 exp away from Hypno Goggles and 2700 exp from Foghorn. It feels like it will take ages until getting those gags..

How long have you trained for your goggles and foghorn?

Best regards

2. Petallities
    In-Love

Petallities Sweet and Sour Rylie Combination KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Foghorn, I recommend doing a lot of VPs and Factories, 'cause Sound is a huge priority there.
    As for Hypno, just try to do buildings and train it. Maybe do 4+ story buildings with an invasion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    IMO, 5 flour buildings are the best to train, even better during invasion

• Like Like x 2
  4. Roran

Roran New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    If you want to avoid buildings, the best way to train your lure would be to go to the sellbot factory and either solo run short runs or duo long runs with a friend (maybe someone training trap for instance). As far as sound, spam the heck out of it any chance you can. Believe it or not you arent that far away from either. Few days of solid playing and you'll be where you want to be.

5. Sarcasm.
    Spaced

Sarcasm. Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    For sound, spam factories with people considering it should be rather easy to get in groups since you don't even need foghorn till the last battle and most people already have fog, so they won't care if you don't.

For hypno, spam 4-5 story buildings in districts w/ invasions (preferably lower level cogs) and use the majority of your lure on the 5th story. This is what I do and I don't stop training until the track goes green which means I've maxed the amount of points I can get (+300 a building)

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The fastest way to train gags is apparently in 4-/5-story buildings. Thanks for your replies!

• Like Like x 1
  7. basebalkid
    Lurking

basebalkid Cog Crusher

10%
    Office D final floor: x7 gag xp multiplier
    Back 9: 6x
    Bullion: 6x
    Invasion 5 story top floor: 6x
    skip a few (other DA offices, cog golf courses, etc)
    factory: 2x

8. Soccertrey2
    Sad

Soccertrey2 Gag Trainer

35%
    I have the same answers as others and I want to confirm and say that buildings in invasion districts are your best bet. This will get you the most xp in the least amount of time. Hope this helps you out and hope you are having fun playing. Stay toony!

9. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    4/5 story buildings with invasions are the best way to train gags

even on my trapless, i never really understood doing factory spam for sound points, its like 100 points a fact (and most facts last 12-15 min, vs 300 pts from a 5 story in the same time) but the elephant > fog xp bar is pretty high as well, so.

I don't get people using bulls to train, If they're running 4 it makes sense, but anything outside of that? not really.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  10. Linguini

Linguini New Toon ATTA Supporter

I'd agree with 5 story buildings, preferably in an invasion obviously. Lots of moments where you're just facing one or two cogs at once and not four, so it's a bit easier to train that way. Just make sure it's cool with the group, some people like to just breeze through with sound.