1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 crash problem.

Discussion in 'General Support Forum' started by Soccertrey2, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Soccertrey2
    Sad

Soccertrey2 Gag Trainer

35%
    So I have recently upgraded to windows 10 (finally) and I have been experiencing crashing issues. This happens when I play for almost five minutes and I crash or I teleport to another playground or HQ or run into a tunnel. I can not do anything and I really get bored of other games and miss ToonTown. Someone please help.

P.S.: I have tried other peoples solutions like switching back to windows 7 and a few other things but has not worked for me.

2. Skroox
    Question

Skroox New Toon

HI! I just purchased a new laptop (ASUS Q535UD) and I'm a little disappointed that I'm not able to play Toontown to the extent that I used to. It bums me out because I'll be playing for 'x' amount of time, and it happens when I essentially TP to anywhere. One thing I tried was going into the TTR game file itself, finding the TTREngine file, right clicking on it, selecting "Compatibility", and changing it to Windows 8.

Others have said that if you run the program as an admin it's a lot smoother. I still experienced crashing after doing this, but it wasn't as frequent for about two hours. I was crashing about every thirty minutes, versus extra thirty seconds, ya' know? Towards the end of the time I was deciding to play, I noticed that I was crashing a bit more than previously specified. So I'm considering attempting the admin trick, as well as playing around with the compatibility. Someone said Windows XP (Service Pack 2) is helpful for compatibility.

3. Soccertrey2
    Sad

Soccertrey2 Gag Trainer

35%
    So does that means it worked for you when you used Windows 8? Im not sure how to go back to Windows 8 but I can definitely do some research. Thanks and stay toony!