1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Launcher Error Fix: "Looks like Toontown Rewritten crashed!"

Discussion in 'Toontown Rewritten Bug Reports' started by Toonling, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Toonling
    Cheerful

Toonling Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    This is a fix to the following Error Message:
    'Looks like Toontown Rewritten crashed! Would you like to try logging in again?'

1)
    The cause of this error message may be down to a missing file (MSVCP100.dll). I am not actually sure whether the launcher fails to download the file upon installation, or if it is supposed to be pre-installed, but it can be downloaded manually anyway!

Download and install the following file below to resolve the issue:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Please ensure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed:
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center

2)
    The error may be caused due to compatibility issues. If so, try the following steps:

1) Right click the launcher
    2) Click the Compatibility tab
    3) Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"
    4) Change the drop down to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
    5) Click apply
    at the bottom of the window.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Domino HulaSnooker
    Spaced

Domino HulaSnooker Gag Trainer

25%
    However for me, even that didn't work. I've downloaded all of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2000's and I have tried to redownload that MSVCP100.dll and the same problem came up.

3. Toonling
    Cheerful

60%
    Can you open the Toontown Rewritten folder:
    C:/Program Files/Toontown Rewritten

Launch Launcher.exe.

Do any error messages popup, if there are, tell me exactly what it says.

4. Domino HulaSnooker
    Spaced

25%
    No errors pop up, it goes through its full cycle of installing all 32 files and then when I try to log in, it goes to the "Have fun" script and pops up with that "Would you like to try logging in again?" error message.

5. Toonling
    Cheerful

60%
    OK, try launching the file TTREngine.exe

Do any errors come up with this?

6. Domino HulaSnooker
    Spaced

25%
    "The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll"

7. Toonling
    Cheerful

60%
    This is the issue you are experiencing.
    Can you reinstall the file, and make sure you uninstall any other versions already installed too.

Also, do you have .Net Framework 4 installed?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 15, 2014 ---
    Did that resolve the issue?

8. spirashun
    Asleep

spirashun Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

35%
    I'm getting the same error message (I click 'go' on the launcher, I see the loading screen for a few seconds, and then it crashes). I've tried downloading 4 as well as just the file that's been linked, but installing either gives me a message saying I have a newer version of framework installed. My launcher itself is blank where the news section would usually be, and I'm running version 1.1.3 (the one available on the site). For the record I'm on Windows 8. Any other possible solution to this?

9. Toonling
    Cheerful

60%
    Do you have Microsoft. NET Framework 4.5?
    If so, uninstall that and install the one provided here.

10. spirashun
    Asleep

spirashun Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

35%
    I uninstalled 4.5 and installed 4.0, and removed newer versions of the redistributable and installed the one provided as well, but I'm getting the same error as before. :(

11. Arctic Wolf

Arctic Wolf Gag Trainer

25%
    I was having the same problem. The solution I found was to right click on the Launcher, click the "Compatibility" tab, check box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" drop down arrow to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", then click "Apply" at the bottom. This resolved my issue with the program crashing. Good Luck.

12. kingomar112
    Question

kingomar112 Gag Trainer

25%
    OMG THANK YOU ARTIC WOLF! It worked but when i tried to play and i tried to connect i couldn't connect. Ill try it again later :p

13. Lindsay

Lindsay Gag Trainer

25%
    Okay so I've been playing TTR for a while now and last week all of the sudden, the launcher started saying "Unable to check for launcher updates." I've changed everything like my spyware and anti-virus and my firewall as well. I e-mailed TTR support and I've tried to run it in compatibility mode in Windows XP Service Pack 2 so please don't give me that suggestion. I've downloaded all Microsoft updates as well. I don't know what else to do, please help!

14. Daphne Boingenfussen

Daphne Boingenfussen Gag Trainer

25%
    I am unable to use TTR on my Windows XP computer. It crashes everytime. I have done these

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center
    But when I go to Compatibility, my computer does not show an option for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)~ Only choices for 95 / 98 / NT / or 2000
    Other Fix (Found by Arctic Wolf)

1) Right click the Launcher
    2) Click the 'Compatibility' tab
    3) Check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for'
    4) Change the drop down arrow to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" This is not there
    5) Click 'Apply' at the bottom of the window.

It gets past "authenticating" then says:TTREngine.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please help BTW I am able to use TTR on my other computer (Windows 8) at home

15. jacob123456789

jacob123456789 Gag Trainer

25%
    Well for me it say "application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Re installing the application may fix this problem." Ive reinstalled several times and it still says that. what do i do?

16. kym

kym Gag Trainer

25%
    I have an error that the launcher wont even load. It just says to see the file for details. And i changed the compatibility and it still wont work, i have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times, and i have made sure i have both things downloaded on my computer you suggested, what am i doing wrong?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 1, 2015 ---
    This is the error i see every time.

Attached Files:

• ttp.PNG
      ttp.PNG
      File size:
      15.6 KB
      Views:
  17. ethanw56
    Angry

ethanw56 Gag Trainer

25%
    Whenever I open the Launcher at all it says two things "Unable to Check Launcher for Updates" and "Yipes, Encountered A Fatal Error. Details Saved To Crash.Text" I have tried Everything above, what should I do?

18. PicklesTheToon

PicklesTheToon Gag Trainer

25%
    OML THANK YOU SO MUCH I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ONTO TOONTOWN FOR 2 MONTHS NOW THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS HELPED A LOT I LOVE YOU!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

19. Toonling
    Cheerful

60%
    Glad it helped! ;)

20. edwards142

edwards142 Gag Trainer

25%
    If you are looking for any perfect tool to fix your windows error then don't go anywhere i have something for you all, using which you can easily fix any type of error occurred in your PC. use simple and easy solution of Reimage Repair tool to fix any type of problem occurred in your PC
    I hope this software will help you to fix this issue……