1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A creepy TTO memory with a glitch...

Discussion in 'Toontown Memories' started by Mousemallow, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon

100%
    So a few years back, I'd like to say around late 2007/early 2008, I was playing Toontown Online late at night and Nutty River was full. I went there, hung out with some friends, did some buildings, and then went to Donald's Dreamland to wait for a beanfest. After waiting around twenty minutes or so and finally getting a few hundred/thousand beans from some people who came from Cashbot HQ, I decided to go to my toon's house and buy things from the catalog.

When I got to my home though, there was this light blue monkey who was just standing still at my estate, staring at me. She was near the purple house and would only move in her idle stance(you know, when toons standing still kind of look like they're breathing). I walked up to her and tried talking to her, but it said she had gone away and etc. when I tried befriending her, whispering to her, and teleporting to her. I called my only friend left online at the time and tried to see if he could notice her there(I didn't have chat at the time, so I couldn't ask or tell him anything) by jumping around her and such, but he didn't seem to see anything and eventually logged off, telling me this was a client sort of thing.

I went inside of my house hoping that if I went in there, I wouldn't see the monkey anymore, but her name tag was visible when I went inside, and when I did the wardrobe glitch, I could see her far away from one of my windows. After ordering stuff from the catalog, I tried going to other playgrounds to see if I could get rid of her like that, and still nothing worked, and nobody seemed to notice her. Eventually, I logged on and off, and that did the trick, but unfortunately lost access to Nutty River in the process.

I was young at the time so it was definitely creepy to me, and looking at it now it's not as creepy, but still, Toontown Online had a lot of weird glitches and bugs in the game.

• Like Like x 8
  2. angel-monkey
    Cool

angel-monkey Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    it was the ghost of harambe :')

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon

100%
    Of course we're all aware of the time traveling ghost of Harambe.

• Like Like x 3
  4. HappyKat
    Inspired

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Its kinda like the unfixable glitch with doodles shadows when they go away but somehow you see them everywhere... When you call upon and things they are still in the background somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon

100%
    Yeah, that one's pretty weird, too bad it's unfixable.

Unless someone finds a way.

• Like Like x 3
  6. trixiepoodledoodle
    Fine

trixiepoodledoodle Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I remember this. Scared the crap out of me when I was little.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crybaby
    No Mood

Crybaby Elite Toon

100%
    Yeah... TTO had weird, sometimes creepy glitches, TTR just has inconvient glitches.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon

100%
    So true, though, haha. I haven't seen anything like this in Rewritten(or any server for that matter) for the past three years I've been playing it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Miss Boo Boo
    Energetic

Miss Boo Boo Elite Toon

100%
    It's the cursed TTO.exe monkey with the Zalgo font name!! They say whoever sees it is doomed to be haunted by it evermore!! spoopy.

10. Twidget

Twidget Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    LoL, I don't know. I consider my FIRST TTR glitch pretty darned creepy. I was solo in a building. I had someone whisper to me and ask if I needed help. I clicked on it and gave the double question mark. They said I wasn't fighting back. I asked them how they were even talking to me. They said they clicked on my name and selected whisper. I asked them HOW they clicked on my name. They said I was in the street. I assured them I was in a building, solo. They assured me I was in the street with 4 cogs ganged up on me. I was full laff when I finished the first floor. Suddenly my screen switched and I was facing 4 cogs and was down to 2 laff; the person who was whispering to me had JUST joined me. I was like, WHAT???? WHERE did my building go? (I wasn't even in the same street as I had been on.) To me, THAT was pretty creepy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Snakebite
    Angelic

Snakebite Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Someone greeted me at my house and I was scared since I was a little kid and confused.

12. trixiepoodledoodle
    Fine

trixiepoodledoodle Elite Toon

100%
    I read that as greened... I've gotten no sleep.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon

100%
    This thread really blew up, I didn't expect it to get so popular. :p

14. dizzydiana
    Asleep

dizzydiana New Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

40%
    that was actually pretty common glitch like when entering VP you could get caught by a cog same time and wonder how u were losing laff with ur toon being in 2 places at once. Those gltiches I DONT miss.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CatInTheMorgue
    Thinking

CatInTheMorgue Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    My creepy memories:

Broken districts that involved buildings with no doors, gray skies, and still toons with their arms outstretched.
    Random nametags appearing at my house, but no Toon.
    My Toon becoming eyeless. Freaky.
    TBH estates always creeped me out for some reason. Maybe because the creepy snowmen. Or my houses randomly disappearing. Or finding my furniture having moved randomly. Or a giant version of my Toon's head in place of my house, yes, that actually happened.
    A funny memory: A random floating sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Enter
    Stressed

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    creepy pasta

• Like Like x 1
  17. BluMew
    Aggressive

BluMew Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    TTO = Illuminati confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pizza Boy
    Sleepy

Pizza Boy New Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

40%
    I remember I had like 4 toons show up uninvited at my Estate once and started talking. Not sure what was going on or how they got there, but I wasn't sticking around to find out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HappyLappy
    Sunshine

HappyLappy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Estates always creeped me out, too! :chimneysweep: The fact that they have no music doesn't help at all.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CatInTheMorgue
    Thinking

CatInTheMorgue Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah. I think the lack of music and people made it creepy to me! Also the fact you can't lock your doors. I know it's Toontown, but come on! Doodles make it a little bit better for me though.

• Like Like x 1