1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS Announcing ToonFest at ReplayFX 2017

Discussion in 'TTR Posts' started by Wizard Bear, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Wizard Bear

Wizard Bear Editor-in-Chief Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Announcing ToonFest at ReplayFX 2017
    Posted by The TTR Team on March 19, 2017 12:00 PM

Imagine an event all about Toontown. An event full of games and prizes where you could meet players, developers, and hear about what's coming to Toontown before anyone else. Are you interested yet?

That event exists, and this year it's bigger and better than ever. Today, we're officially announcing that, for the first time ever, ToonFest will be located at ReplayFX 2017 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

[​IMG]

For the past two years, Toontown Rewritten has hosted an enormous event called ToonFest which attracts hundreds of Toontown players from all around the world! This event is normally held at OMG!Con in Owensboro, Kentucky, but this year we have something big in store.

[​IMG]
    ReplayFX is one of the largest gaming conventions on the East Coast, and we've been working with them over the past few months to plan the most exciting ToonFest yet.

We have a lot of announcements about the event that we're going to be making over the next few months, but in the meantime, here's what you need to know:

• ReplayFX is a four day event from July 27-30th. (Thursday to Sunday)
    • Toontown Rewritten will be attending all four days with a big activity area, as well as two panels led by the development team on Friday and Saturday.
    • This event is a real-world celebration for Toontown's 14th anniversary. ToonFest 2017, the annual in-game celebration of Toontown Rewritten held in Acorn Acres, will still be hosted on September 19, 2017.
    • The event will be recorded and uploaded for those who are unable to attend, but you really won't want to miss it if you are able to be there in person!
    • Toontown Rewritten receives no profit or revenue from this event -- we're in it for the celebration of all things Toontown! Convention costs are being paid out of pocket by our loyal staff members.
    • In addition to the "TOONTASTIC" activities we have in store, ReplayFX has a show floor packed with over 200,000 square feet of games, activities, and entertainment for the whole family!

[​IMG]

Full details on ticket prices are listed on the ReplayFX website. Discounted tickets are available for children under 12, and children under 5 can join the fun for FREE!

Thousands of people come to ReplayFX every year, which means you will want to get your tickets and hotel as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

This year is shaping up to become Toontown's biggest year ever, and we anticipate that this event will be one of the highlights of the year. We can't wait for you to see what we have in store.

Ready to start planning your summer vacation? Join us for the most TOONTASTIC event of the year! Stay TOONed for more information about the event in the coming weeks, and feel free to email us with questions.

We can't wait to see you at ToonFest!
    Are YOU Toon Enough?

2. Trap

Trap Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

Ready to get jealous of the accessories they inevitable provide to those that go.

3. Mighty Crash

Mighty Crash Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Wait Pittsburgh?
    Holy crap I may actually be able to go, it's less than a two hour drive! Hopefully basketball camp will be over by then...
    So yeah I may end up going this year finally :blush:

4. featherwolf

featherwolf Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Seems like fun but it's not like I could ever go to one of these things lol

Snakebite and HappyKat like this.
  5. Professor Brainiac

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

same here

I wish I could go to just one but there's absolutely no way I could convince my parents to take me to Pennsylvania for a game convention.

6. angel-monkey

angel-monkey Guest

I'd love to go! Of course I can't, because I'm in a different continent entirely, but I hope those who are lucky enough have a blast!:D

7. Nirvana

Nirvana Gag Trainer KTTA TTR Beta Tester

too bad this is in july, I'm planning on flying down to pittsburgh if the pens go on another cup run

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Meh if I didn't get anxiety from going to one of these I could see this being fun. Whoever is going, if anyone is going here lol, hope y'all have lots of fun :)

9. HappyKat

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I cry when is it ever going in be in California or Nevada that. Would be the life sigh.... I guess I shall never go to ones of these yet

10. Cream Fireball

Cream Fireball Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

wait, these were in kentucky before...? now i feel stupid for not going in the past, kentucky isnt too far from here at all lol. pennsylvania though, thats another story. i prob wont be able to go, but i hope that those who can will have fun!

11. Maxwell Trollbreath

Maxwell Trollbreath sly.exe TTR Beta Tester

Not to far from me but (6 hours) but idk i mean i don't like TTR THAT much. Honestly i'll probably only go if my friend Anthony (Doctor Popcorn McBurger incase you don't know) goes for whatever reason

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  12. Derrick

Derrick Hall of Fame Hall of Fame Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester

I hope I can go to the convention again this year!

CommunistKitty and angel-monkey like this.
  13. Heaven Bound

Heaven Bound Guest

Sucks that these are so far away, hopefully one year I can go. </3

14. CommunistKitty

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Do you actually receive anything for attending? I'm just crazy enough to consider it. LOL.

15. angel-monkey

angel-monkey Guest

I know there's been exclusive in-game items if you attend.
    [​IMG]
    The backpacks with the bears inside could only be obtained if you went to irl Toonfest^.
    There's probably more to be had this year, as well as a great experience.:D

CommunistKitty likes this.
  16. CommunistKitty

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Wow, thanks for the information!! Iv'e never been to Pennsylvania. Iv'e kinda made it a personal goal to see every state in the U.S so maybe ill make a road trip up there this year :D This definitely adds some incentive LOL. @Majestic Rose Gurl you riding with me???

Trap, Majestic Rose and angel-monkey like this.
  17. Majestic Rose

Majestic Rose Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Let me check my handy dandy map Gurl.

18. Fat The Second

Fat The Second Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Am I crazy enough to make the 10 hour drive? Prob not.... but hey i've never been to Pittsburgh and I've also never been to toonfest... I may just be bold enough to plan a nice little vacation around it

angel-monkey likes this.
  19. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse college student TTR Beta Tester

dangit even farther away now LOL
    in about 2 years i may be able to make a road trip to one lol

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017