1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFF TOPIC Anyone like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AvanaReilia, Jan 15, 2021.

1. AvanaReilia

AvanaReilia New Toon

I personally love both franchises; I have recently come across Dragon Quest though! If you all have played Yakuza: Like A Dragon, the main character LOVES the first game. I tried the original and found it semi-fun; it just lacked story (Yes I know, the main storyline is you're saving the princess and defeating The Dragonlord) and it got boring quickly.... HOWEVER... Dragon Quest Xi, is SUPER awesome! I just finished that one a while ago, and I loved it! (Serena is my favorite, she's the one in my profile picture! :D) As for Final Fantasy, XIV is my favorite! (I also like X, but I haven't ever pushed myself to complete it! XD)

Miniapollo17 likes this.
  2. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

Dragon quest 11 is super good, I played DQ9 as a kid but never beat the final boss. My fave was Erik tho, Divide is a broken ability with dual knives lol and he has your back from the start.

3. AvanaReilia

AvanaReilia New Toon

Ya, my friend said the same thing... Though I never used Erik in battles... I did like his character though; yes he was loyal from the get-go without even questioning who you were! XD

4. Nankurunaisa Fukanona

Nankurunaisa Fukanona New Toon

Ohh, I see.... My daddy "was head over heels in love with Final Fantasy" so when i was a baby I was watching him play "Final Fantasy" all the time and since I like "fantasy things...." I started to love it.... (his 1st was ff7) He would read what they said so I would understand as a child and by the time I was old enough to understand how to play the game I started playing.... I really liked watching the games alot even if Final Fantasy 7 looked like lego "sometimes.... Or alot...." As I grew I knew the stories well and enjoyed the characters because I felt they were really interesting.... I like Vivi and Quinna right now and i'll admit it I like "Irvine" and find his "flirtyness" funny!!!! Surprisingly, I would have liked it if Irvine and Selphie were a thing at certain times.... My favorite games of them were "Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy x-2!!!!" My sister and others say that the x-2 was really girly.... (i sort of get it.... like girl power-ish!!!!) But, I enjoyed alot about it and especially the best ending just cause I wanted to see Titus come back.... (i'm kind of like that....) I feel like my favorite coupling is Dagger and Zidane and I feel thats a reason why I loved Final Fantasy 9!!!! Also my two favorite characters... I enjoyed Vivi cause he was like a "simple, cute, humble little baby!!!!" I love simple, cute characters sometimes!!!! (i like alot of simple boys to become my brother in real life.... you don't need to ask....) And I think that I like Chrono Cross above all of Square Enix games.... My sister taught me there was more so I used to think that was the only not Final Fantasy game but I feel "strange thinking back and saying that...." (i prob confused them...) Lol, this is so long I decided to end it here.... (and, no I did not beat every of these games and often need help from my dad....)

5. MegaDramonFan31

MegaDramonFan31 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Final Fantasy, Because that was very great look I like they have my favorite Protagonist on Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XV Heroes they are best and the Villains are my least favorite. Because Square Enix finds out of the best Final Fantasy and Dissidia Final Fantasy.

6. Nankurunaisa Fukanona

Nankurunaisa Fukanona New Toon

Ahh~ :peach::frogface::peach: I see then, I find my favorite Protagonist/characters you control during games to be "Lightning from FF-13 but I don't know all that much about the game as i've gone through way less of the game then everyone I know!!!! :tomato::spoutingwhale::redapple:

We lost it and my sister didn't like the game I found out this year when I was very interested in what I saw even when I didn't do much compared to some others!!!!!!!":tangerine::snowman::tangerine: I like someone "who seems strong and straight-forward like Lightning in my eyes...." :lemon::dogface::lemon:

You can tell shes more of that "cool type" of character or "I think shes strong, straightforward and cool!!!!":mushroom::hatchedchick::mushroom:

Lol, from what i've seen!!!! But i've never liked the main characters before and for some reason end up liking other characters simple and cute or creatures "not human-like" like Vivi and Quinna for example....:greenapple::koala::greenapple:
    I've said that once on this forum though.... xD :fishcake::tigerface::fishcake:

But if i'd have to pick a third favorite that stands out probably the tiny little girl ico!!! :cherries::bird::cherries:

7. MegaDramonFan31

MegaDramonFan31 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Ahh, I love Cloud Strife my favorite + Noctis Lucis Caelum is my second one from Final Fantasy XV, I hope Final Fantasy XVI is coming up here.

8. zeloscota

zeloscota New Toon

I haven't really played much of Dragon Quest at all. Meanwhile I have played practically ever Final Fantasy since 7, so I definitely prefer Final Fantasy. It helps that my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. It was really cool to see Sephiroth come to Smash, even though I am not a big Smash fan. I do own the game though just because Cloud and Sephiroth are in it.

As for Dragon Quest, I really want to play 11. I just have been so busy with TTR lately (just started playing again in December, after having not played since the original), that I haven't really had time for any other games lately.