1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best type of toons to go with in a group?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Adorkable Mousie, Feb 2, 2020.

?

What is the best type of toon to go with in a group?

1. Tuless

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Trapless

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Lureless

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Soundless

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Dropless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Semis/ubers/reverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

Which type of toons do you feel you have the best experiences with when you run with other players besides yourself?

My best experiences with types of other toons are in descending order from top to bottom:

1. Soundless
    2. Trapless
    3. Tuless
    4. Lureless
    5. Semis/ubers
    6. Dropless

For me I usually have the best experiences with soundless toons since the majority of them I run into know how to play the game well and know plenty of strategies in most situations, and are generally some of the nicest toons I meet in the game. One soundless toon generally doesn't slow down the run all that much, which yeah some of the toons I'll list below are the ones mainly responsible slowing down runs the majority of the time.

Trapless toons are generally knowledgeable enough that I don't have a generally bad experience with them. You do have a healthy mix of good and bad trapless toons since they're one of the most popular builds in the game, but either way they're generally okay at the game for the most part.

Tuless toons do sometimes give off that superiority complex since some of them feel that tuless is the best build hands down and don't need tu at all since there's plenty of substitutes, but other than that I generally have not many problems with them.

Lureless toons do have that stigma of training trap whenever given the opportunity, even at boss battles or at cog facilities, so it does bring down the experience a little bit with them if they do train trap. Most I run into aren't that bad though by end game so there's that.

Semis and ubers are generally a mixed bag. Some of them you will barely notice them missing gags, especially if they have sound and throw at the very least, but if those are missing it's definitely noticeable when they can't contribute to the most efficient strategies. Some of them feel superior in some way not training some gags and undertaking a "challenge" of some sort, but all it does mainly is provide a hindrance to other toons since they have to cover for others who don't have as much gags.

I don't know where to begin with dropless toons. I know a good chunk of players are also dropless, but the choice I feel is mainly made due to inexperience since drop is generally considered a whole lot better than trap. I find a good portion of them confrontational if they are given tips or suggestions to help make them better players, especially at bossbot hq where a good portion of them will just go like "It's just a game chill bro" when given any type of suggestions to help them. It's definitely bad at the back 9 when they refuse to listen to reason when suggesting to take less than 80 gags to the back 9, usually with the excuse that "I never had any problems with the back 9 taking 80 gags" when it's definitely very inefficient providing less opportunities for yourself to get your good gags back. I've had plenty of arguments with these toons, to the point I mainly had to multitoon for duckie's back 9s to keep sane.

I know that not all players are like what I explained for each of the gagless players I've described above, but just my general experiences I've had with these different types of toons lol.

Trap, Violin3607 and The Rogue Ranger like this.
  2. The Rogue Ranger

The Rogue Ranger Cog Crusher

My order is:

1. Toon-up less
    2. Soundless
    3. Trapless
    4. Semis
    5. Lureless
    6. REAL ubers
    7. Dropless

Toon-up less - They know how to play. They know strategy, with all the attacking gag, even finding ways to make lv 5 trap useful. I haven't had ANY bad experinces with them, and they usually know certain useful things about the game, like gag accuracy.

Soundless - They also know how to play very well. They know all the strategies the toon-up less toons know usually. It is just that some people that aren't actualy very good at the game sometimes make a soundless toon and ruins everything, which in some cases results in the 1 hour and 30 minute back 9. But most soundless toons know how to play, just placed lower because the few of them that actually play worse than sound spammers lol

Trapless - More knowledge than dropless toons, usually average. I find that weaker trapless toons are more likely to attach to good strategies such as 2 fogs 2 aoogahs one 11s, not 2 trunks.

Semis - Would place this above trapless but some of them choose really bad builds, like only having trap toon-up and lure, and then they also get mad a lot after one mistake. I have many semis, but I will have to put this behind trapless toons. But there are some really good semis out there that are MUCH MUCH better than other toons.

Lureless - My favorite build, but home to the desperate trap trainers. They aren't usually that bad if they aren't training though. I actually see some with maxed gags early on (60 - 80 laff) which is good. Some know how to play just as well as toon-up less toons, but those are usually only the high toons (130+ laff) and people with alts that have other high toons.

Ubers - They are like soundless toons. Some know good strategy, some don't know how much hp a level 5 cog has. But unlike soundless toons, there are more bad ubers than good. I once saw a 2 track uber with only level 6 gags. Like I'm not going in with a 2 or 3 track uber that doesn't have max gags lol. I feel like 4 track ubers that pick sound and drop though are much better at the game than all the others.

Dropless - Usually really bad at the game. Like Adorkable Mousie said, they usually don't listen to corrections, such as not bringing all 80 gags to a back 9, and even lureing in unnecessary times, like on 9s & 8s when we can all sound or cake on them. Really annoys me, also usually think they are really good, but get mad at mistakes, but then when someone else gets mad at there mistakes (which they usuaally make) they say something like "calm down, its just a game lol."

*sweat* :sweatsmile:

3. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

soundless lureless trapless toonupless dropless
    mainly though i pretend to be chatless if i see the classic elitist outfit because i aint bout that life

was expecting such higher numbers lol

4. The Rogue Ranger

The Rogue Ranger Cog Crusher

First, how did you place toonupless so low, and second, I have actually done a back 9 with a soundless that took an hour and 30 minutes, only because the soundless toon didn't know how to play (probably just there first toon and happened to pick soundless though, and not knowing strategy, failed badly). Never been in anything for 2 hours like most people say soundless things take, but like they probably haven't been in anything with a soundless because they are so biased about it lol

5. Trap

Trap Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod TTR Beta Tester

It's been awhile since the only people making semi toons had multiple other toons with maxed gags and knew what they were doing. I probably have best experience with good players Lureless/Tuless often. I do enjoy semi toon runs with friends since the mayhem is more fun than annoying.

6. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

personal experience, but also my rankings aren't really skewed (really trapless toonless and lureless can be shifted, always seemed to me dropless to kinda be the bottom of the barrel) and soundless i think is self explanatory.
    yah, pretty unfortunate that it happens, have run with some soundless that have some questionable judgement. longest soundless run (omitting back nine, which would be about 56 minutes, an unorganized, at least 12 gag miss run) i had was a 40 min bull run and that was because the 2 non soundless decided to train gags and started to harass me and my buddy for being soundless (first and only time i've ever ditched someone in this game)

7. The Greater Picture

The Greater Picture Cog Crusher

lureless- my earliest friend on ttr, and the guy who taught me how to play correctly had like 20 lureless toons, and he is probably the best player ive ever seen
    tuless- well, they went tuless lol
    soundless- they know how to operate with one soundless toon, or more, so when you are with one they are usually pretty good
    semis- they used to be the best, but some are pretty annoying lol and dunno what to do
    trapless- usually pretty good players, at least in BBHQ
    dropless- most/2nd most players, very popular among newer players, which just means they arent as likely to know what to do, plus its the worst build too

The Rogue Ranger likes this.