1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey, Toons!

The forums is undergoing some behind-the-scenes (and sometimes in-front-of-the-scenes) freshening up! You can read more about it here

Have a TOONTASTIC Day!

Bossbot HQ Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Bossbot HQ' started by Commander Saturn, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Commander Saturn

Commander Saturn Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

This is a continuation of my Pet Peeve series, my goal with this series is to not just pick on bad gameplay, but to really nitpick about a variety of issues with these HQs.

For BBHQ, this can be anything from the CEO, to the design of BBHQ, to the cog golf courses!

Sellbot HQ Pet Peeves: Sellbot HQ Pet Peeves Pt. 2 | Toontown Rewritten Forums
    Cashbot HQ Pet Peeves: CBHQ Pet Peeves | Toontown Rewritten Forums

CEO
    1. Good ol' Giggles

Needs to learn how to talk faster
    2. Our cog suits walk so slowly!
    I'm sorry Mr. CEO we won't be feeding all your cogs today despite employing aggressive strategies and feeding middle tables
    3. Getting run over by the CEO from miles away due to lag
    Because getting hit by that piece of a flunky is a disgrace considering it's the least strenuous boss fight
    4. When the CEO keeps sitting on your table
    There are literally 7 other toons to bug, get off my table
    5. Carry over damage, carry over damage, carry over damage
    No thank you, I'd rather not keep track of that for 4 v2.0 cogs

Cog golf courses
    1. 0 back nine groups on toonhq for the whole day

And you got to level 50 big cheese.... what... in a week??
    2. Toons using trunks on 11s for Middle 6 or Back 9
    Who taught you that? Cashbot HQ? Also I didn't know you carried 18 trunks...
    3. Toons who think that one aoogah, two trunks, and one fog can take out 10s
    Who taught you that? Sellbot HQ?
    Ah wait you ran out of trunks cough cough
    4. Not getting trunks or fogs from golf
    RNG Joey WHY, I don't need 15 big magnets
    5. Toons not staying in their corner for the mole stomp (I don't mind the occasional intrusion, but running around...)
    We shouldn't be failing every mole stomp on a middle six!
    6. Toon aiming the storm cloud at the wrong side
    I love a good challenge but not this
    7. Toons having no clue how to do mazes and getting lost cause they want to "try it out"
    I'm not waiting haha, BYE! Either follow someone who knows how to do it, or be an insufferable burden acting like a know-it-all
    8. Toons using TOONUP every round
    Did you know that the puzzles heal you up to full health? Oh wait you don't huh...

HQ
    1. Toons forming groups in crowded districts

FrameRate--;
    2. The fact that BBHQ w/o teleport access means you have to go through acorn acres and minigolf
    Brings back Pajama Place memories
    3. 23300 stocks options
    NO

How about you? What peeves you the most about BBHQ?

Blue Bear and Trap like this.
  2. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

People who bring 80 gags to the back 9 always peeved me since you won't get as many chances to get your good gags back from the puzzles with a nearly full pouch as you would with half as much gags. Those people usually pack a crap ton of tu that they'll never use as well so it's a waste of space, and they tend to run out of sound faster and have to resort to slower lure strategies earlier on than they would bringing less gags.

Violin3607 and Trap like this.
  3. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

when people bring full 80 gags for back nines, are 120+ laff and refuse to go back and delete 20-30 gags
    ight imma head out

4. Blue Bear

Blue Bear Administrator Cast Member Administrator TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

Never knew this! Good to know

5. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

Yeah the average amount of gags you use per hole is 4 gags, so at most if you bring a full gag pouch at the start you'll only be able to get 4 gags back, whereas if you only bring ~40 or so gags you'll have many more chances to get your gags back.

6. Commander Saturn

Commander Saturn Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Obviously it makes no sense to bring all your gags, since that just means there are more potential gags other than fog you can get back. But I think toons don't understand the idea of why carrying less gags actually makes a difference. They can delete all the gags they want and still not increase their chances of getting good gags from the puzzle. I have a theory as to how the "less gags in back-nines" came to be:

Based on my observation, the gags are given to you in descending order of level. If I were to delete all gags from a specific track, the golf minigame will give you gags starting from the level 6 gag, and work its way down. It won't start giving you a lower level gag until the higher level gag of that track is filled up, BUT... if you deliberately fill up a lower level gag, then the minigame will detect that you have gags at a lower level and make it possible for you to also get that gag. For example, if I have foghorns, trunks, aoogahs, but randomly also a whistle, the minigame could also give you a whistle. The danger here is that when the whistle fills up, or the aoogahs, then it is possible to start getting bike horns or bugles.

My conclusion: I don't think the key point is about limiting the specific number of gags you have, rather it's about limiting the specific number of distinct gags you can receive from the puzzle. What I like to do is this:
    -Toon up: Delete everything
    -Lure: 1 Hypno-goggle
    -Sound: 3 Foghorns, 7 Trunks, 9 Aoogahs
    -Throw: 3 B-day cakes, 6 Cream Pies
    -Squirt: 3 Storm Clouds, 3 Fire Hoses
    -Drop: 1 Piano
    Total: 36 gags
    Notice right off the bat, if I were to walk into a minigolf puzzle with these gags, the only gags I could possibly get are: Hypno, Aoogah, Cream Pie, Firehose, and Piano. 5 possible gags I can get, with buffer since I did not carry the maximum capacity for the lowest level gag in each track. This way, I can ensure I won't be getting random gags such as seltzer bottles, safes, or $10 bills. How you strategize to get rid of extra gags along the way is up to your personal play styles. Granted I do end up with fruit pies, safes, and pixie dusts all the time, but at least it's minimized to an extent. And that's not even too bad, since you can get at most one gag from those tracks anyways, it's not like having safes means you're never getting fog again.

This is what I believe to be the foundation of "bring fewer gags to a back-nine". Without really knowing how the puzzle works, toons start blindly deleting gags (leaving a bamboo cane here, leaving a fruit pie there) even though they practically did nothing to increase their chances of getting better gags from the puzzle. Let me know your thoughts on this theory. I could be wrong.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020 at 3:11 PM
    Trap, Violin3607 and Blue Bear like this.
  7. Trap

Trap still into you KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

It objectively does not make sense to refuse to drop gags to ~40, but you'll always get people saying that it "Changes how they play the game". Including a TTR Mod I had this conversation with :persevere:

8. JOE MAMA

JOE MAMA The Greatest. TTR Beta Tester

How dare you ask me to not bring 80 gags to this back nine I could be going through a lot right now

Trap likes this.
  9. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

honestly if you've done more than 5 backs and you don't drop gags wyd

Trap likes this.
  10. Trap

Trap still into you KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

iconic bunny