1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cog Nation (Redo)

Discussion in 'Plotted Roleplays' started by Hunter701535, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hunter701535

Hunter701535 Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester

For those of you who don't know, I was absent from the forums due to problems with me not being able to post threads or reply to anything. I have now fixed this, as you can see. The reason for the redo is that, besides the fact that the RP was discontinued after October, I also had little involvement with moving the story along, seeing as I couldn't reply, with them never boarding the train.

Let's get this started!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You and your group waits on the stairs in the CBHQ. This isn't just some toons looking for a group to go into the mints. A toon saw some crates while sneaking around in HQ a month ago.

The crates had the words Cog Nation on it.

Upon telling the other toons about this, they went nuts. Everyone was grinding gag points all the way to level 7, everyone gets excited when Cog Nation was brought up, it was just big news for everyone.

No one had found a way in...until today.

A week ago, you saw the crates with Cog Nation on them being loading onto one of the trains in the CBHQ. Upon discovering this, you told everyone what you saw. Today, 8 toons are going to board the train to see if the train leads anywhere.

How to play: Make your character and role-play as him or her. You will go around the Cog Nation to search for answers. You decide what gag you will be missing, seeing as you can only have 6 gag tracks. I will also act as the Game-master, making sure that the story doesn't go out of whack.

Rules:
    1. Do not have your toon know anything that isn't revealed.

2. Cog Battles are done easily. Your toons will pick their gags and I will use a dice generator to see if it hits or not. The same goes for the cogs attacks.

3. Don't do anything that will destroy the concept of the roleplay. If you try, for example, to teleport back to the playground to get laff and restock, and teleport back and pie every cog, I'll step in.

4. One week limit to post your reply. If you don't reply in a week, your toon will suddenly say that he has to do something, sadly say bye to everyone, and exit Toontown.

5. This will go in order. Whoever signs up first will be the first to go, and the 2nd person who signed up will go next, and so on.

6. Laff does not matter, but if a toon gets hit too many times without being healed, I will inform everyone in OOC form. If that toon does NOT get healed and gets hit a few more times, then he/she gets sad and teleport back to the playground, which means that you're out of the RP.
    6A. Don't worry, there will be treasures where you can recover...up until a certain point...

7. Do NOT list your maximum laff/gags.

8. I am the only one who can create rooms/areas and trigger cog battles. This is to prevent the story from becoming biased towards the toons, which will effectively ruin the RP.

Character Roster: Use this to make your character. We need 8 people to start. They will be separated into groups of 4.

Example:
    Group 1 (0/4)
    Name: Example
    Race: Horse

I hope you enjoy!

Group 1 (1/4)
    Name: John
    Race: Dog

People participating:
    Group 1:
    John (Hunter701535)
    Snowy (PacmanLetsPlays)
    Presto Rhinoton (Miniapollo17)
    Lucky Chloe (Rollie209)

Group 2:
    Puzzle (PacmanLetsPlays)
    Lemonpop (CEC Nebraska)
    Sally (DryIce02)
    MosheMouse (MosheMouse)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. PacmanLetsPlays

PacmanLetsPlays Gag Trainer

Group 1 (2/4)
    Name: Snowy
    Race: Horse

Group 2 (1/4
    Name: Puzzle
    Race: Rabbit

3. CEC Nebraska

CEC Nebraska Gag Trainer

Group 2 (2/4)
    Name: Lemonpop
    Race: Duck

4. Heaven Bound

Heaven Bound Guest

Group 2 (3/4)
    Name: Sally
    Race: Mouse

5. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

Group 1 (3/4)
    Name: Presto Rhinoton (Presto for short)
    Race: dog

Heaven Bound likes this.
  6. Moshemouse

Moshemouse halsey trash ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Group 2 (4/4)
    Name: Moshemouse
    Race: Mouse

7. Hunter701535

Dry, Mini, and Moshe, you've been added! We just need one more person and then we can start!

8. Rollie209

Rollie209 Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I'll do my sister's toon this time, why not? :p

Group 1 (4/4)
    Name: Lucky Chloe
    Race: Cat

9. Hunter701535

Time to start, everyone!

"Alrighty, everyone!" I announced, "From what we've picked up from the intel, the Cogs are going to fill the trains in 8 minutes. Everyone get ready when it arrives!"

The toons then socialize. (This is the perfect time to set up your backstory. Snowy is next.)

10. PacmanLetsPlays

"So.. What do you think will happen when we get there?" Snowy said. She seemed to know her gags pretty well..
    "Isn't this going to be dangerous, as we've never been there?"
    Everyone else seems so confident, but snowy just seemed a bit concerned..

11. Moshemouse

(Hey, what if you make it so if the toon won't respond in a week, they get temporarily removed from the RP, because sometimes people could be on vacation or their internet could be down, you never know.)

12. Hunter701535

I already warned him. If he's absent to the point where there's huge progress the story, he cannot join back in.

Miniapollo17 and Moshemouse like this.
  13. CEC Nebraska

CEC Nebraska Gag Trainer

Hmm I wonder what cogs will be in there! (OFRP- Sorry I was on a vacation sorry for not posting my reply sooner)

14. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

Presto checked and re-checked his gags several times. Finally, he pushed his glasses back up and woofed out, "I'm as ready as I can get." He hoped the others were as prepared as he was.

15. Heaven Bound

Heaven Bound Guest

Sally sat on the stairs and started thinking about everything that could go wrong, then mumbled " I hope you guys like puns, because I tend to blurt them out when I'm nervous.. Heh.." She hoped everything would go alright.

16. Moshemouse

I looked around and saw the mouse sitting on the stairs. I was really freaked out about my trip and was hoping I brought all of the necessities I needed for the trip. I quickly opened up my bag and pulled out my mp3 player, headphones, and drawing book. I walked up to the green mouse that looked nervous, I was a little scared to talk to her, so I just sat down beside her and started to draw while listening to Japanese songs. I took off my headphones, and said something.
    "H-Hello" I said, quietly, to the mouse.

17. PacmanLetsPlays

Puzzle sighed. "Well, I for one think this might be a bit of a challenge.."

18. Rollie209

Rollie209 Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Lucky Chloe ran towards the train, she sneaked past the cogs that were guarding the train from any toons, and she somersaulted into the train entrance just before they were about to lock shut. She noticed some toons that were hiding behind the cluttered crates, and she joined them.

"Sorry I'm late," she said, "There was a toon that didn't have any gags and was about to go sad by one of the Money Bags here. Luckily, I taught him a lesson by not treating toons so badly!" She then paused for a moment and said, "I'm Lucky Chloe. Nice to meet you guys," she said with a smile.

19. Hunter701535

(We're not actually on the train yet, Spike. Everyone's on the stairs waiting for the train to arrive.)

New rule added to prevent this from happening again. Don't worry, you're not in trouble ;)

20. PacmanLetsPlays

(BTW: Snowy is Dropless, Puzzle will be Trapless