1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the trolley need new incentives and if so, what are they?

Discussion in 'The Trolley' started by The Mute Paradox, Aug 2, 2016.

1. The Mute Paradox
    Breezy

The Mute Paradox Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

85%
    As it stands trolley games were designed to be a huge part of the game by Disney - plenty of minigames that could be played for fun with your friends. I think Jesse Schell said it (don't quote me on this) that there was a Trolley, Gags, Cogs cycle that kept repeating - and kept you playing trolley games.

As time has gone on, the trolley has definitely become optional given how many ways there are to earn jellybeans now. Jellybeans are the only reward, but fishing, beanfests and just for fun tasks are considered by most people to be more efficient. All three of these methods while getting you more jellybeans by far, have less content than the trolley.

Should there be new rewards/content for the trolley? Maybe more jbs or laff boosts? I'm undecided but it would be interesting to see what people think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Kooky Spinner
    Sleepy

Kooky Spinner Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Im gonna say yes.. I havent rode the trolley in over a year I think.. mainly because of the reason I can get x10 more jellybeans by fishing and the games are boring.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. starmaster
    Amused

starmaster Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

85%
    trophys and laff boosts would definitely give people a reason to hop on the trolley again. I've gone a sum total of once because I had to during training.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. CatInTheMorgue
    In-Love

CatInTheMorgue Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Ring Game, Match Minnie, Toon Memory, and Cannon Game are the only games worth playing. Coincidentally, they are the ones that appear far less frequently than others. Additionally, you need at least one other person to play Match Minnie.
    I wish I enjoyed the trolley more. Fishing generates a much higher profit quicker, and once you complete all the core tasks you can get 1000 jelly beans at a time with little to no effort via Just For Funs. So yes, either the staff needs to add more incentives, or just make the jellybean reward much higher. (Maze Game and Toon Slingshot are both difficult games, but give back little jelly beans.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Catcat
    In-Love

Catcat MA FISH WAIIIFE TTR Beta Tester

100%
    AGHGHHHHHHDFIGHIOFHDIOHIOHFIOGDH GET IT AWAY ITS SCARY

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hmm, I think so, but maybe more games that utilize the same mechanisms as the final part of boss battles for practice. Cog Thief is a similar concept to the VP pie round and throwing evidence in the CJ, then there's the Cannon Game, so why not add something like cranes and squirting at targets for the CFO and CEO? Becoming an adept dodger of attacks would be good practice too with a little game akin to dodge ball.

You could win some kind of mastery badges from this to show off your skill level on Toon Details at the HQs in addition to jellybeans.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I never use the trolley anymore as I hate getting the same boring game over and over, but trophies would make it much more enjoyable. Why else do people golf and race anyways?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Loveless
    Asleep

Loveless Angsty Teen KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I think Trolley Trophies would be sick

9. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    The trolley should be farmable! You should be able to earn some kind of accessory drops- or maybe the chance for double gag XP for a day that you could activate whenever you like. Here are some ideas:

-2X Speed (1-48 hours)
    -2X Gag XP (1-48 hours)
    -2X Promotion XP (1-48 hours)
    -Any Unite (Rare)
    -Any Accessory or clothing item you don't already have

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kooky Spinner
    Sleepy

Kooky Spinner Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    These are all great ideas but TTR probably won't put anything new in for the next few years since they are so behind on bugs still..

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. longliveprose
    Chatty

longliveprose New Toon

40%
    Absolutely, and that would be new games.

12. i'm in a half mind over whether i'd want trolley laff boosts.
    i mean trophies similar to golf/racing would be pretty cool.
    it means couple of extra laff points, but it also means more grinding.

• Like Like x 1