1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop or trap

Discussion in 'The Brrrgh' started by wayfinder, Sep 17, 2014.

1. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I personally chose Sound at the end over Drop but thinking of picking Drop over Trap these days because Trap really requires a Luring friend to train efficiently. Without one it is very very slow, whereas Drop can be trained quite easily Solo. I'd only recommend Trap if you're a team player and you have lots of friends that have Lure.

2. Cinnaminii
    Chatty

Cinnaminii Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    If you have lure do trap because you can train it alone. Drop is slow going because it misses a lot.

3. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    How much does drop miss roughly? I never had drop in TTO so never seen people train it save when I was a really really young 6 year old

4. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

Kitty Megasprocket Cog Crusher

60%
    You could just put the trap down then use lure. Of course that is if you have lure.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 31, 2015 ---
    The accuracy is low.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2015 ---
    I have lure so I can train trap myself.

5. southernbelle
    Bored

southernbelle Elite Toon

100%
    Even as a dropless toon, I would say to do drop because a lot of people don't have it and it's amazing to have for level 12s in bosses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TheTabKey
    Devilish

TheTabKey Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm in-game right now staring at the selection screen for Drop vs Trap and I'm at a loss.

Drop:
    -Good for Lv.12's
    -Hard to train b/c of missing
    -Stupidly low accuracy

Trap:
    -Hard to train alone
    -Sucks that TNTs cap at 2
    -Higher accuracy b/c of Lure
    -Funnier without a doubt (Drop gags are kinda boring tbh)

A while back I realize I'd have this problem and I thought long about it and chose Drop, purely because of Piano + Ship. But idk anymore ;_;

Hrnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

60%
    I would choose trap because I think it's slightly better and you can train it if you chose lure earlier like me. I think I'm going to end up going without toon-up because when doodles come out, they will heal you. Plus, practically everyone chooses toon-up at one point so it will be interesting to be different.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTabKey
    Devilish

TheTabKey Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    On the official I was a TU-less on my main. You get a lot of crap for it from people, but it's actually really fun and can be a challenge sometimes. I found myself solo'ing higher buildings earlier on but struggling in parties.

Definitely worth trying though, it can be really fun.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

60%
    I will. Thanks for everything! :D

10. FrankieFurter
    Angelic

FrankieFurter Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

60%
    It's a toss up really.
    Drop is inaccurate and so is Lure, which is needed to activate Trap. However, if you make your Drop organic, it'll make the Drop more accurate, same with Lure. For me, it came down to accuracy rather than efficiency. Would I rather have organic Drop or organic Lure? Organic Lure comes with more benefits than simply increasing the likelihood of you activating your Trap, so I wound up choosing Trap because I have organic Lure and it would therefore be more accurate than Drop.

11. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

60%
    Drop is 50% accurate without being organic but lure's first 2 are 50, next 2 are 60, next 2 are 70 and last is 90. Lure is more accurate than drop even without being organic, it does take 2 rounds though.

12. Manely Stable

Manely Stable Gag Trainer

35%
    Both of the most hilarious gags in the game... This is indeed very hard... But I would go with drop. I can't go without drop. The reason? Well first off, drop is far cooler and more humorous than trap, which most of us could agree on but... that is not a very good justification, is it?

Well statistically trap may be better than drop... By a little bit. And that little bit doesn't even do anything extra unless you plan on having organic trap. If you want to have drop or trap organic, then choose trap. If you don't have organic drop or trap, choose drop. 70 damage compared to 60 damage (trap door and safe) does no difference because they both defeat a level 6 Cog regardless. 180 and 170 damage (TNT and piano) both defeat level 11 regardless as well as the level 7 gags in both tracks.

So now we know when they are not organic, they both do the same thing. Now we actually need to know what is better: Having to lure in order to activate trap or deal with low accuracy. That's entirely up to you but like I said, if you're choosing between drop and trap and you plan to make the one that you choose organic, I'd pick trap.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 15, 2015 ---
    Toonupless for life! I can't go without it! And when people say that I'm selfish, I just reply "I know." because... Well... I am.

13. PrinceoftheFunny
    Bashful

PrinceoftheFunny Gag Trainer

10%
    :confused:Drop and Trap are both fine gags to have, and they're more of a luxury than anything. Both are fairly difficult to train, both do high damage, and both have that Wily E. Coyote feel. So there are some similarities. However, as far as practical use, efficiency, and strategical thinking go; drop is the better choice. Lets focus on the level 6+ gags in these tracks, as the ones under those arent commonly used in later stages of the game.
    1 First off: Accuracy. The accuracy of drop is low, unless a stun is used beforehand; and will not work on lured cogs. However, drop does not really require any other gag to hit, unlike trap. Also, drop's accuracy can increase to medium when it's organic. While trap does technically have "perfect" accuracy, all that means is that a trap will always hit if the lure is successful; and taking into account that lure is a low accuracy gag (unless organic) and HAS to be used to utilize trap at ALL, trap's accuracy is technically the same as your lures. However, trap does increase lures accuracy to medium, and if the lure is already organic, then traps accuracy is then roughly bumped up to high at best, not perfect.
    2 Second: Soloing. In a solo situation, its usually best to go toonupless; but, if you have toon-up, Drop is the better option for soloing. This is because in a solo scenario, using trap ALWAYS means you will have to wait a round to lure the cog in. Drop, however, can be used in only 1 round.
    3 Third: Strategical Advantages. For the sake of argument, let's say your'e in a boss battle facing level 12 cogs. Trap will require the use of 3 gags to destroy a row of 12s, unless the railroad is organic (a rare luxury). You will always use one railroad (198), one group lure, and one other sound gag (4+) to get a row of 12s. With the Toontanic (187), only one gag is needed to assist with lvl 12s, a lvl 4 sound or above (14+) to stun. If youre facing 1 lvl 12, all you would need is a hose + piano combo to destroy it; While trap would need a tnt, a lure, and 1 other gag used. Another important point to remember is that you can only hold 2 tnt and 5 trapdoors, as opposed to 7 safes and 3 pianos with drop. Lastly, while double dropping does decrease the accuracy a good amount, it is possible to deal tons of damage with multiple drops. Trap cannot be combined with other traps at all, limiting its damage output to the most that 1 can do on its own.
    4 Fourth: (and this is the biggie.) Sos Cards. The trap gag offers no benefits to Sos cards. A Trap sos card will always hit if a lure hits afterwards, regardless if you have trap or not. Drop sos cards, on the other hand, will only always hit on lvl 8 cogs and below for dropless toons. However, if you have the drop gag track (flowerpot+), Sos drop will ALWAYS hit, no matter what (excluding double drop). Choosing trap will hinder your ability to spam Franz or Bessies in buildings, bosses, or any cog Hq.
    I really hope what I could share will help sway you towards choosing Drop :); and if it didn't, maybe someone else sees my point of view now :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  14. Neonbunny
    Cool

Neonbunny Elite Toon

100%
    lure is the only gag that gets an accuracy boost when grown ( Gardening - Toontown Rewritten Wiki ) However you still make a fine argument

15. Little Zowie Wonderboom

Little Zowie Wonderboom Gag Trainer

35%
    All this information on the thread is great. Thanks to all for your input. I am now training trap as my final gag on a lure-less toon. I figured that other toons aren't too crazy about another toon without toon-up, and I thought it would be cool to have both drop and trap. I don't plan on doing any soloing, so there should always be a toon around who can lure for my traps. I have seen a few other toons in TTR who have made this choice as well. So far, I am having lots of fun with it...

16. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    I vote trap; You can train both if you have lure.