1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use the forum (FOR NEW MEMBERS)

Discussion in 'Site Info & Guides' started by Enter, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Enter
    Angelic

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hello New Members! and Welcome to Toontown Rewritten Forums

This guide was written by moi, and is written in hopes of helping users navigate on the forums better.

How the Forum works:
    So if you've read my previous Jellybean post, you'll get the basic idea. The idea behind the forums is to post RELEVANT threads in under the Main Categories. You can do this by click the button that says 'Post New Thread'. Make sure your threads created are relevant to the category you are posting in as well as following the Forum's Rules. Your threads can be edited by clicking the button called 'Edit' at the bottom left right of your post. If you want to delete your post, you may but you will need to provide a valid reason for doing so. e.g. Double post.

The post button can be found on the top right hand corner of any forum sub-category.

It looks like this: Screenshot by Lightshot

Rating posts by other users:
    To rate a post by another user under the categories of Funny, Optimistic, Creative, Like, Dislike or Useful, all you need to do is click the icons and you will automatically rate a user's post. The icon names will be shown as you stroll your mouse cursor over them. You can undo ratings by clicking the icon you clicked.

Rating options can be found at the bottom right hand corner of a post/comment which you have just made.

Your rating options look like this: Screenshot by Lightshot

Private Messaging
    To private message any particular user, navigate your mouse to your Inbox then click "Start New Conversation". It should look like this: Screenshot by Lightshot

Then, proceed to clicking "Start New Conversation" which then you should be on a page which looks like this: http://prntscr.com/7h3yft

In the box next to "Participants:" simply type the name of the toon you wish to communicate with. Once you've typed your message and a title for your private message, hit send and they should receive a private message from you.

If you still don't understand how to do this or want to test to see if you've done this right, you are welcome to send your test private message to me (PLEASE DO NOT SPAM ME).

Changing Avatars
    To change your avatar, hover your mouse over your name.

Next, proceed to clicking "Avatar" option in the box shown in the image above. You may then change or upload an image of your own choice. Make sure that your image complies with the forum rules (don't make me some find you to remove your avatar, read the rules).

The size is 200 x 200 for your avatar (which may vary). You can reposition your image by simply dragging it within the box shown here: Screenshot by Lightshot

Once you've cropped and repositioned your image the way you like it, simply click "Okay" to change your avatar.

Note: Gifs cannot be used as avatars. However, your forum cover photo, gifs can be used.

Cover Photos

A newly added forum feature, the forum now features cover photos (similar to those like Facebook). To add a cover photo simply navigate yourself to your own profile then hover your mouse near the area for a missing cover photo and you should see something like this:

Screenshot by Lightshot Then, simply select the option to: Change, Remove or Reposition your cover photo. Don't forget to save it when you're done.

Note: Cover photo sizes, lengths and widths will automatically adjust to fit the forum once uploaded. Try around and experiment which cover looks best on your profile for the best customization.

Site Preferences
    To change the site layout or template, simply click your name again on the top right hand corner, click 'Preferences' and from 'Style' change your appearance format to any format you like. You can also change your timezone, Options and Notifications as well as Notices. Don't forget to save all your changes by clicking the 'Save changes' button.

Site preferences menu looks like this: Screenshot by Lightshot

Personal Details
    You can set statuses for your user by again, clicking your name from the top right hand corner and changing your status message by typing a message into the box that says 'Status Message' your status cannot be longer than 140 words. (Same as twitter) You can also chose to set your gender preferences shown to public, your date of birth, geographical location, occupation, homepage as well as writing a mini biography about yourself for other users to view. Don't forget to save all your changes by clicking the 'Save changes' button.

You can also access your personal details by clicking this link: https://ttrforums.com/account/personal-details

Signatures
    You can edit, custom and change your signature by clicking the link below:

https://ttrforums.com/account/signature

Please note that GIFS are not allowed in signatures. All signatures must comply with the rules. You may insert images no bigger than the size specified in the forum rules section.

Editing Your Privacy
    Change your privacy settings by clicking the link below:

https://ttrforums.com/account/privacy

Ignoring Users
    To ignore a user, simply go to their user profile or click their forum name and click the "Ignore" button. Shown here: Screenshot by Lightshot to unignore them, simply click the button again to revert your changes.

Changing Your Password
    Click the link below to direct yourself to the passwords page to change your password:

Type your existing password and then type your new password twice. Then click "Save Changes" to apply your modifications.

https://ttrforums.com/account/security

Forum Smileys
    If you want to add different smileys into your signature, posts and more you can find them in the link below:

Smilies | Toontown Rewritten Fansite

Mood Chooser
    The forums also features a mood chooser, which can be accessed from your profile. Simply direct yourself to your user profile and click the mood under your image, once selected you may choose any mood shown in the image below of your preference.

Forum Theme(s)
    The forums is now proud to present: A variety of themes available to choose for your preference. These themes change the color, appearance (and may occasionally) affect the speed. You can customize and use these, free of charge (no jellybeans required). To do this, simply scroll down to the bottom of of the forums and on the left hand corner, you will see a tiny word that says "Default" or something else, depending on what theme you're currently using. To change your theme, click the word "Default" (or whatever) and you should see a theme chooser pop up, choose the theme you like by selecting the options available. Then click "save" the forums will then automatically refresh and you should find yourself with your selected theme.

A more detailed guide with steps 1 & 2 is shown in this screenshot for your reference: Screenshot by Lightshot

I hope this helps new users. If you want anything else added please leave a reply, rate this useful if you find this useful. I enjoy writing these help threads! If there's anything I can do to make my thread more useful, feel free to leave me some evaluation!

Note: Some sub-sections may have been removed or added or re-edited for the purpose of bringing the subject clear to readers. Also new edits to this post will be added if anything else is missing and/or if anything needs to be updated. Please leave a comment if you have suggestions to add. Thanks!

You can private message me by clicking the words "PM" in my signature below :) if you need more help or want to ask me a question. You may also visit this thread if you wish to ask a question publicly so that everyone can read it.

Happy posting and I hope you enjoy your time here on TTRForums ^_^

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 20
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TechnoRapier
    Scared

TechnoRapier New Toon

Woah this will be really handy for new members! Especially focusing settings wise.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maykxor
    Amused

Maykxor Cog Crusher

10%
    Very nice information and easily presented to. I applaud you good sir.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ivy
    Artistic

Ivy Elite Toon

100%
    This is sweet of you thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChampRewritten
    Sunshine

ChampRewritten Cog Crusher

60%
    This will prove to be a great introduction to the forums for new users! Good job!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Funnyslam
    Energetic

Funnyslam Cog Crusher

10%
    Nice!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tattooed Heart
    Goofy

Tattooed Heart Cog Crusher

10%
    Thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pops
    Cheerful

Pops Cog Crusher

10%
    Helped me a bit thanks :D

9. Jh Inferno
    Yeehaw

Jh Inferno Gag Trainer

35%
    'Preciate it!

10. werts135
    Cheerful

werts135 Gag Trainer

60%
    Awesome, this is very helpful. Thank you! :)

11. Kara Rose
    Artistic

Kara Rose Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    Thanks! That clears a lot of things up!

12. Sky Shaymin

Sky Shaymin Gag Trainer

25%
    Very helpful stuff

13. Code Red
    Devilish

Code Red Gag Trainer

35%
    Thanks Echo, helpful as always ;)

14. Boltflare
    Cloud_9

Boltflare Gag Trainer

60%
    Can you elaborate on these?

15. Rosie the Bear
    Sunshine

Rosie the Bear Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    This was very helpful. Forums can be so intimidating when you don't know where to "click".

16. JerusalemOfGold
    Cheerful

JerusalemOfGold Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    Super helpful, thank you!

17. Wittlepurriwinklemaus
    Asleep

Wittlepurriwinklemaus Ik how titles work I swear KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The guide still gets looked at may want to change :oops:

Dislikes were a big deal back in the day

18. HappyKat
    Worried

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    didn't know that back in the day.

19. Miniapollo17
    Innocent

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    Or just make a note that disagrees are only for the beginning post in a thread :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 27, 2016 ---
    It was honestly just a few people who thought disagrees meant you spat on their grave tbh :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

king lollipop junior TTR = broken promises TTR Beta Tester

100%
    only 2015 ttr forums members remember the disagree button :'(
    you'll always be remembered in my heart

• Like Like x 2