1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Warning Points Work

Discussion in 'Site Info & Guides' started by Jumping Beans, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Jumping Beans
    Inspired

Jumping Beans Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hi everyone! Recently, I've noticed a confusion about how our moderation system works. In this thread, I will give you guys an inside look on how our "point" system is used. Whenever us moderators need to give someone a little slap on the wrist we issue that user a "warning point(s)". In this post, I will try to explain what warning points are, what each specific warning's amount of points are, and the various other things. If you guys have any questions, just leave a response and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Please make sure you guys familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules posted HERE!

To start off, I'll just list some of the things we give warning points out for and their value of points.
    • Signature Violation: 1 point, expires after 1 month
    • Multiple User Accounts: 2 points, expires after 2 months
    • Inappropriate Content: 2 points, expires after 1 month
    • Advertising/Spam: 2 points, expires after 1 month
    • Discussion of Private Servers: 2 points, expires after 2 months
    • Personal Information: Real Life Photo: 3 points, expires after 2 months
    • Personal Information: Real Life Name: 3 points, expires after 2 months
    • Personal Information: Requesting from Users: 3 points, expires after 2 months
    • Personal Information: Posting of information: 3 points, expires after 2 months
    • Cyber-Bullying & Cyber-Stalking: 3 points, expires after 3 months
    • Trolling: 3 points, expires after 3 months
    • Flaming: 3 points, expires after 3 months
    • Inappropriate Name: 2 points, expires after 2 months
    • Inappropriate Language: 3 points, expires after 3 months
    • Custom Warning: varied
    Many of the warnings are pretty self explanatory and can be found in the Forum Rules. Please note, that this point system is a guideline. The forum moderators are allowed to change the value of points or the length of a warning as they see fit.

What I really wanted to touch base on was, how the warning points work. When we issue a warning to a member, their account then tracks the number of points they have and when they expire. For example, if I give someone a warning for a signature violation, their account will be issued one warning point for the next month. After the month is over, the warning point will then go away from their account and not be counted into the total number of warning points the user may have.

Why is it important for the warning points expire?
    • After the user accumulates 12 warning points that have not yet expired the user is then issued with an automatic ban until one of their warnings expire. The ban is only temporary!
    How do I know the amount of warning points I have and when they expire?
    • Shoot me a message! Or any of the moderators really. If you guys want to know how many warning points you stand at or when they expire just ask one of us and we will be happy to look into it for you!
    I'm innocent and I got a warning! How can I get these points revoked?
    • If you believe that you got warning points issued unfairly, send a message to the moderator that gave you the warning. Calmly explain your point of the story and ask nicely if the warning points could be reduced or taken away. If the moderator does say no, I do ask that you please respect the decision of the moderator.
    In addition...
    7 warning points add you to the ToonWatch list, where you’ll be strictly moderated

10 warning points adds you to the “Discourage List” meaning your permissions will be strictly limited

It is an important note that we do not like to talk about the warning points of another user to another user. None of the moderators will talk about a ban or a warning with another user except for the user that the ban or warning was issued to. Your privacy comes first!

Once again, if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask! I just wanted to post this out here so you guys could get a better look at how our system works. Just follow the rules accordingly and you'll be fine! :)

EDIT: Users will always receive a PM from us about the details of their warning.

Last revised: 08/04/2016

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Aug 4, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 13
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Miniapollo17
    Yeehaw

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    Thanks for clearing this up! :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thank you for posting this, now I understand.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WittleMouseAurora
    Sweettooth

WittleMouseAurora Gag Trainer

35%
    Thank you for clearing things up on this post. It helps me a lot. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThunderSqueek
    Amused

ThunderSqueek Cog Crusher

85%
    So if I post a bad picture I get a slap on the wrist but if I say a bad word, I get a punch to the face? I think you mods got your priorities wrong.
    Just being honest here guys :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Miniapollo17
    Yeehaw

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    Well words can hurt more than a picture in my opinion. I mean I'm iffy on the bad picture part but the language one seems legit to me :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jumping Beans
    Inspired

Jumping Beans Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager TTR Beta Tester

100%
    As stated above, the moderators do have ability to change the amount of warning points they give, at their discretion. Also, the inappropriate content warning isn't used for pictures most of the time. :p

• Like Like x 3