1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How you came to find TTR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neonbunny, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neonbunny

Neonbunny Elite Toon

After being on this forum for a while and playing with some of you in game, curious as to know how any of you came to find TTR.
    How I discovered TTr was back maybe two months ago or so when I was watching a video from the youtuber someordinarygames, ( a.k.a. SOG ). His video was a rant on the Elder Scrolls Online. After viewing it, I scrolled down to see the comments and found one right away, was a listing of online games that he should try and on the list was TTR. Confused by the name, I looked it up. Was at this point I learned TTo had closed back in 2013, last time I played was a few months before it closed.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Duke Cricket Boingenzap

Duke Cricket Boingenzap Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

I quit TTO back in 2010, I decided to try it again in October 2013. Then I found out TTO has been closed. I decided to look up why and people mentioned TTR, now I'm here.

Neonbunny likes this.
  3. Dam Dabi Doo

Dam Dabi Doo Gag Trainer

I started in Feb of this year. I heard about ttr when tto closed, but forgot about it later. Some time in Feb I was looking up videos about tto, and someone had commented on one of them about ttr. I basically forced my sister to make an account with me because she loves tto too. At first she never played, but now we both are frequent players (^.^)

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

Neonbunny likes this.
  4. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

I just googled toontown on day since I was bored and saw something about it.

...Yeah, mines not the most exciting backstory.

JazzMan and Neonbunny like this.
  5. JazzMan

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Same here lol. I did that last summer in June, right when they started semi-open beta

Neonbunny likes this.
  6. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

I did it after it went open when playlines and playtimes were just a myth :p

7. I started playing ttr back in October last year. My cousin asked me if I wanted to play toontown one day and I was confused, because it closed a year before. Then he's like dude it's back so I made an account and started playing.

Neonbunny likes this.
  8. ScooterParty

ScooterParty In the House

I was searching videos of Toontown on Youtube, because of boredom. Then I found Royko's let's play of TTR. I googled it and here I am. Btw I started playing in February this year.

9. Rariangel

Rariangel Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

same XD haha

ScooterParty and Neonbunny like this.
  10. Crazy Felix Zoobleburger

Crazy Felix Zoobleburger Cog Crusher

I started playing Toontown Rewritten in July of this year, however, I created an account back in 2013 or 2014, when I heard TTO closed, and that TTR would soon open to the public.

Neonbunny likes this.
  11. Domino Mouse

Domino Mouse Guest

I lived with my mom in a small town. I was always getting into trouble and I got into a fight some guys who started making trouble in my neighborhood! My mom freaked out and said "You're moving in with your aunty and uncle in bel air!" I begged and pleaded not to go but she packed my suitcase and sent me off. I flew in first class drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass and I thought to myself "Hmm, this might not be so bad!" So I landed and got in a cab and said "Yo holmes to bel air!" he drove me there, after we arrived I shut the door behind me and called out "Yo holmes smell ya later!" I looked upon my kingdom, I was finally there, and I took my place as the fresh prince of bel air.

Miniapollo17 likes this.
  12. Chirumiru Cirno ⑨

Chirumiru Cirno ⑨ Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

same xD

13. Duck Tape

Duck Tape Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I don't remember.

But I remember seeing the early website.

14. Insert Epic Name Here

Insert Epic Name Here afk kween KTTA TTR Beta Tester

All of the above is true for me too :p
    It was a fine June's day, and I was using the computer, when this thought hits me............
    Mind:............................Toontown?
    So I looked it up, you know, just out of curiosity, and the rest, as they say, is history. I'd heard of the project before, but had forgotten about both over the 2 years I'd been deprived of it.

15. Crazy Felix Zoobleburger

Crazy Felix Zoobleburger Cog Crusher

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

16. Skimpy Dynogoose

Skimpy Dynogoose Elite Toon KTTA

Mine made me so happy
    About 2 years ago my grandpa told me tto was closing, he had seen it on the news. I didn't play much then, but a while back it was all I played. A year ago I was visiting my grandparents and I randomly thought about it and searched up toontown closing. Then I found TTR and ran around the house laughing and crying.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Super Romeo likes this.
  17. affiniteas

affiniteas Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

My cousin and I used to play TTO back when we were about 10-13. We stopped playing during our last year of middle school because we were involved in so many different activities and things in the real world that we barely had time to sleep or breath. Last year my cousin decided to get back in the game after a few years of not playing it and realized the game had been shut down so he called me and told me TTO had been closed. I was sad to see the game go, despite not playing it for about 3 or 4 years. I randomly googled 'Toontown' to see if it was really closed (which it was) and kept looking around until I saw someone talking about the game being revived and called Toontown Rewritten. It kind of just took off from there.

18. BarkBark

BarkBark Cog Crusher

This is actually a little mean but...

When Toontown first closed and people started posting those Youtube videos of them saying goodbye to everyone...I thought they were funny. Kind of silly. So I was bored on the internet last June and was like, Hey I'll look those up! And I read the comments and saw people talking about TTR. Social life flushed down the toilet.

19. Chip Googlepop

Chip Googlepop Hall of Fame Hall of Fame

How did I find TTR? Why, Google of course.

JoeyTTR likes this.
  20. Envy

Envy Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

It had been a few years since TTO shut down, at least I think so - I'm not the best at keeping track of time, but I'm pretty sure it was like a year after it shut down? Anyway, one day I remembered back to when I was younger and played TTO, but also remembered it got shut down so I couldn't try to revisit it.. but, usually games that people really miss get private servers. I wondered if TTO had a private server of its own and went to Google! I found TTR almost immediately. It was nice.

BarkBark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.