1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion [Idea] Lure Rework - Could it make the game more fun/challenging?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Sir Droopy, Dec 13, 2016.

?

Do you think that this Idea could be a good improvement to the combat system? (Your most valid answ)

1. Yes! It would make the game more challenging.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes! The fact that multiple toons can work together sounds TOONTASTIC!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. No! Please write why not?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Good idea, but...

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Sir Droopy

Sir Droopy New Toon TTR Beta Tester

Hey Toons!

I had an idea to make this game a little more challenging, fun and team based and Id like to share it here, because I didnt know where else I could post it. Please, if youre interested, take the time and read this post carefully to the end. Id love to hear some opinions, or even your own ideas, suggestions and whatever you wanna say regarding this topic :)

I think most of the higher toons out there will agree that Lure makes the game too easy, because when just one toon has lvl 6+ Lure, he will be able to take even the highest level bots out of combat with a high hit chance. What then happens is that in the same round the other three toons can use Toon-Up and all Toons will be at max laff, so the chance that you ever gonna die when playing with 4 "good" toons is very low.

In my opinion the Lure mechanic is a great and essential feature of ToonTown (Dang, really I love Lure!), but the way it can be exploited by just one toon breaks the game and makes it waaaaay too easy and boring.

I didnt play Toontown (Rewritten) for a long time but over the time I got an Idea to rework Lure in a way that is more complex (not just 1 click, BOOM all lured) and fun because it requires more team play, gag decision and a little bit more math, yay! :)

What if, the system gets changed in a way that multiple toons have to work together to get a high chance of luring all cogs? I think it like that, the gags are the same and the hit rates waaaay lower like these:

• LVL1: 1 cog 45%

• LVL2: 4 cogs 15%

• LVL3: 1 cog 55%

• LVL4: 4 cogs 25%

• LVL5: 1 cog 65%

• LVL6: 4 cogs 35%

• LVL7: 4 cogs 65%
    As you can see the hit rates are very low and you might ask yourself why im so insane to suggest such low hit rates when the current are very high? In fact, its so high that most people get upset/mad when they are not hitting their lure, but the huge amount of times it hits they see it as normal. And there is the problem imho.

Luring a cog is a very powerful move, because as all of you know, they cant attack for some fixed round counts so that the toons can heal up and benefit from the additional knockback dmg (which also is very high ;)) when attacking lured cogs. To lure all cogs shouldnt be just a "one click, no brain" move, and when its being tried, the hit should be more luck than a guaranteed hit.

And now, with the low hit rates there comes my idea to make it more of a team task to lure all cogs and let multiple toons add up the hit rates of their used lure gags for the targeted cogs, which would get rid off the weird "use max 1 lure of each type" thing and it would change the current combat system quiet a bit and make it more interesting and team based. Lets make an example round:

4 Toons fight 4 cogs:

Toon 1 uses a 5$ bill on cog 1 (cog 1 gets 55%)

Toon 2 uses a big magnet. (4 cogs get additional 25%)

Toon 3 uses Hypno goggles. (4 cogs get add. 35%)

Toon 4 uses Toon-Up

Soo as you can see, Toon 2 and 3 will use their multi cog lure-gags to get all cogs being lured for 60%, which is a decent amount imho. Toon 1 uses his 5$ bill to add 55% to cog 1 (=115%) which means he will get lured for sure during toons "attack phase", for example because its the highest level cog you want him to be lured and this can be done like in this example.

Another simple example which could be used to lure every cog for sure is that 3 toons use hypno goggles which would add up to 105% for every cog, so no way to miss. Very expensive, but a guaranteed Lure without SOS cards which makes it a "high cost, high reward" move .

In the end it makes a 4 cog lure more complex and expensive to pull off, but are also more controllable due to the fact that the team decides the hit chance and can even be done to over 100%. Toons have to decide the best target and gag for each situation and as because toons have to use a lot more lure gags per round, lure wont be so limitless like in current boss fights with 8 x 3 goggles = 24 times free win cog rows...

Id really enjoy getting a new way to interact with its team and having harder and more interesting cog fights. The fact, that I can solo a 5 story building in MM with my 60 laff toon (gags far from maxed, despite throw) is just pathetic and should require a stronger toon and more dynamics than lure left kill right.

Also imho it seems that people are going away from toontown when comparing the online count of today and some months ago, so I also think that reworking the lure system to add some new combat feelings would be a reason to come back and try it out. Maybe even making a whole new toon to see how it changes gameplay from the beginning in all phases of the game? However it would be something completely new to experience, nothing which TTO had and something which would be a real improvement over the base game TTO itself.

Keep in mind that i'm just thinking about how it COULD be, all stats listed in this post can be changed to better values which can result that better lure combos are possible than in this examples above.

As I said, Id love to hear what you think about it? Do you agree that Lure needs to get changed? Do you like my Idea? Or is it complete crap? Dont be shy and share your suggestions and ideas!

Thanks for reading, and excuse all the fails in this little text, english is not my native language, nor its the 2nd one. :)

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Dec 14, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

king lollipop junior It's Over Anakin! I have the High Ground! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This is very off topic, i like your idea but i think organic lure should add more lure rounds instead of accuracy, and drop should add more accuracy instead of damage imo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wittle Whimsy
    Inspired

Wittle Whimsy 90's Kids remember Insert Punny Name Here KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I feel that just restricting sound would be a better way to make the game more fun/challenging rather than reworking the entirety of the Lure track

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flunky
    Veggedout

Flunky Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Higher cogs should just be added as well as more laff tasks and then I think the game would be more challenging

5. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

100%
    ^^^

6. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Adorkable Toon :D ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah it could be a cool idea to promote more teamwork, but it should never be able to hit 100℅ of the time as gags currently have 95℅ cap and needs to be able to fail to provide some challenge from "oh crap" moments.

• Like Like x 1
  7. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

100%
    I mean technically trap has 100% accuracy and can never 'miss' but also technically has 0% accuracy and relies on lure to hit. but yeah I think the cap should be lowered to 85% in my opinion tho

• Like Like x 2
  8. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Adorkable Toon :D ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah there's really not enough times I feel I'm in danger compared to say WoW and other mmos where I'm used to being near death constantly on higher difficulty settings. I would love to see lower accuracy, and somewhat higher cog damage on higher difficulty facilities and bosses if they ever make those. Would definitely stress more on teamwork with coordinating stuns and such.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i no speak ingles
    Sweettooth

i no speak ingles Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    hi
    this honestly seems like a very nice idea
    then it's like, you won't have problems with people "training" lure to "decrease" your lure accuracy

10. Toonage

Toonage Guest

It sounds fun, but I've never been a lure Toon myself. Tbh, 9/10, anytime I've seen someone use lure it fails. So, really, it'd be up to those who use it, not me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Lockwolfe
    Cool

Lockwolfe New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    I've had lots of complaints about lure missing as it is. This would just a make lure avoided at all.

12. i no speak ingles
    Sweettooth

i no speak ingles Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I mean, sure, but you could compose a strategy that made sure lure hit every time with this. It'd make it even like, OP. Only thing with this is the number of rounds lured, that's the thing that's stopping it from being used. It's a good plan, though! Not for ubers and soloists, but SOS would still work the same, and therefore I think that this is a great idea. Especially since my toon Shadad needs lure points.. A bunch..