1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im a noob help. Want to make a group.

Discussion in 'Groups & Clans Archive' started by Star Platinum, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Star Platinum

Star Platinum Gag Trainer

Hello! Me and a couple of toons want to start a group. Were going to call it the CIA, and it will be for cat toons only (may be changed later) our goal and purpose is to smash as many cogs as we can, we will do just about anything from boss battles to street battles!

Anyway I would really like some help because I have no idea what I'm doing, and have never been on forums before. :(

Thank you!
    Star Platinum

Nony likes this.
  2. Nony

Nony Elite Toon

I'm not interested in joining (I already have my own clan), but I can offer you some help. What exactly are your questions/what are you having trouble with?

3. Star Platinum

Okay,
    What are some things to keep on mind, and what should my first step be?
    how do groups work? do you actually get members or is it just me posting stuff on forum for people?

4. Nony

Nony Elite Toon

1. One of the most important things to keep in mind is to have people to help you. With my group, I recruited five other people to help me out. They'd have to help me set up the Skype channels, name the clan, set up the rules, and do other basic stuff like that. In return, they would all receive Administrator status and get to pick a group section to lead. Of course, they all had to apply, and I set a requirement for Laff and gags. Another thing to remember is that you need to give people a reason to join beyond "we play the game together." My group is/was successful because it's really the only active Skype group for Toontown Rewritten on these forums. You have to look at the other groups and see what they do, and then figure out what you can do to be different. You should also establish rules as soon as possible. Rules encourage people to join by showing them that the group isn't about to fall victim to trolls and spammers, and that they can count on having a safer environment to play in then they would if there were no rules.

2. Your first step, before even making a thread, is to come up with a hook for your group. What I mean by that is something that sets your group apart from other groups. People will want to join your group if it offers something big and exciting that no other active group does. Once you have that idea, post a thread asking if anyone wants to help you make a group. State your ideas, and offer helpers something special in return for their assistance. You should also set a limit to how many people can help you prep. That way, you can make the reward big without having to make twelve people Administrator or something.

3. Once you figure out what your group name will be and set up a rules system (do this with your helpers), make your official group thread. State right away what your purpose is. Don't waste time. Get right to it. Then, list off your rules and any punishments that may go with them. After that, have the section where members can apply. Depending on what you want to do, you may want to set a requirement for Laff and gags (i.e. 20+ Laff and access to 4+ gags only). Then, post your thread. If people are interested, they will fill out your application to join. It's up to you to decide if you want to accept them or not, but make sure you give a good reason if you don't. Every group I've seen out there for TTR that is/was successful played the game, as that is the point of being in a group. To play the game with others. Sure, you can post news updates and the like on the forums, but the focus of your group should be playing together. Many groups do boss battles, factory/mint/DA/golf course runs, and trolley marathons, which you should probably do, but remember that your goal is to come up with an idea for something to do in TTR that no other group has thought of. That, along with doing boss battles and factory/mint/whatever runs and the like will encourage people to join your group.

5. Star Platinum

Wow thank you so much this is a lot of helpful information! I'll make sure to do these things! I only have 2 other people right now, so I try to grab a few more. thank you again

6. Nony

Nony Elite Toon

No problem. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask on here or send me a PM.