1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In your opinion, what is the most overrated gag track?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Mirai, May 31, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which gag track is the most overrated?

1. Toon-Up

11 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Trap

10 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Lure

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Sound

68 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Throw

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Squirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Drop

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Cutesia

Cutesia Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Sound, although I couldn't live without it trying to speed through factories/mints/offices/golf courses

2. Megabutter

Megabutter Elite Toon

Toonup: Slightly underrated
    Trap: Extremely underrated by high level toons
    Lure: Neutral
    Sound: Extremely overrated
    Throw: The organic version of this gag is slightly overrated
    Squirt: Slightly underrated
    Drop: Very underrated

3. HappyKat

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Sounds is totally overrated

Megabutter likes this.
  4. soundwave12345

soundwave12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

Most overrated track gags is Sound because, people use sound to quick kill cogs in factory.

5. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse college student TTR Beta Tester

Sound isn't really overrated, overused possibly, but that's the point of an attack all gag/kit lol

I'd say trap is overrated I hear so much useful talk for it and rarely use it (same case can be made for drop as well)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  6. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Trap can have some neat uses, like being able to use a trap door on a new 2.0 skelecog in the CEO and being able to one shot it from the carryover damage applied to it, but for the most part there's just way too few uses for it compared to other gag tracks, especially compared to drop that can be used really well with sound. The gag limit of trap really kills it for me to the point I would never pick trap over drop, and should be in line with everything else since, if anything, sound should have had the gag limit of trap since it's vastly more overpowered compared to trap. It's nice for the cog facilities I suppose, but in bosses it just doesn't have as much use as anything else.

7. Megabutter

Megabutter Elite Toon

(Awk because I use TNT all the time)

8. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I like using tnt alot as well, but for the most part that is the only trap used for bosses and facilities, besides that one example I listed above for 2.0 cogs or for a very weak cog at the vp or cfo, whereas I use pianos, safes, or even anvils if I wanted to pretty frequently at bosses since drop mixes really well with sound. Trap just doesnt have many strategic uses, or really much that is efficient since trap shines the best for one shotting a cog over anything else.

Megabutter likes this.
  9. Mighty Crash

Mighty Crash Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Trap. I can't tell you how many people swear by it but I hardly see anyone use it.

Fishtacollahma likes this.
  10. Gigglepoof

Gigglepoof Gag Trainer

Sound is a crutch.

11. Nodog

Nodog Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

Honestly I have to say Trap, with Sound right after it (even if that one is more overused than overrated). It's not that useful of a gag until TNT, and even then the organic version cant even kill a 12 because it's just 2 points short. Even Drop before you get the piano has more viability than that. Take the Safe for instance, which can be useful in some really specific situations (like if 3 7s and a 10 appear and everybody else decides to trunk).

12. mxlkywxy

mxlkywxy New Toon

sound. don't get me wrong sound is very powerful and can be used in any situation, but it is overrated. it is probably the most favored track because it is the most easiest gag to use AND train. lure is also a close second because the accuracy of those gags are really low but they are another favored track.
    :sunflower:

13. Dynoflipper69

Dynoflipper69 New Toon

why wouldn't it be sound

14. The Rogue Ranger

The Rogue Ranger Cog Crusher

Sound may be overused, but it is definitely not overrated.

That Soundless Horse likes this.
  15. JazzMan

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Why do people think sound overrated? It's the best gag in the game.

This is coming from someone who has a soundless high toon with 100+ laff.

I thought being soundless would be a challenge, but really all it does is make the game a lot slower since you can't spam sound to quickly eliminate a bunch of cogs at once.

I agree with Rogue Ranger here - sound is overused, but not overrated. It's hands down the best gag in the game.

Catcat likes this.
  16. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse college student TTR Beta Tester

overrated generally goes into an opinion of something that gets more value than it's worth, pirate101 has an easy example of this (though theres like no one on these forums that plays this still, rip) overwatch 5 is an overrated talent pool for a class in that game for many reasons- the main one being you lose dps and protection (you have to take up too many slots to use it- where you lose a lot of dps in general)

though, back to speedruns.quickest office d with no rewards is about 14 min long, quickest soundless office with none is about 16 min (about a 1-2 min time difference for that run- though many things go into speedruns which makes it quite impractical to compare to average times here- mainly rng in getting restocks. i'm not bringing up bulls because of this- soundless bull speedruns completely depend on cake barrel in the 16 cog room with 1 barrel- not only do you have to shop for that floor- you have to reset if u dont get a cake barrel- completely different compared to typical runs) so already soundless vs sound runs really don't have a huge factor of time spaced out upon them- generally i found my runs being 1-5 min slower, if any soundless run was faster it's irrelevant due to the runs with sound having people take too long to pick, etc, though that isn't important, just thought i'd mention here that sound vs soundless is irrelevant and a silly reason to exclude people from groups (which still happens lmho- honestly quit my soundless bc of it)

sound... does not take up that much space to use at all, whatsoever. most people get it in ttc at this point- have it at aoogah/trunk by the time they're in daisies, so factories are a breeze. In other games, we describe something that's so good that it's used primarily over everything else as a "meta" (most effective tactics available) most multiplayer games have a sort of meta- wiz has a death/fire as primary support/hitter meta, overwatch shifts from meta to meta, same with paladins, etc. while some games shift metas, toontown's has stayed exactly the same due to poor game design.

sound is very overtuned- it's really hard to argue against that because well... there's nothing else that can clear out high tier cogs so quickly without use of rewards. soundless cant even clear out 12s in 1 turn without rewards, not even 2. if anything i'd say sound is overtuned over overrated. (sound is more overtuned then a lot of the shadow hits in wiz before the audit)
    (though the issue with fixing sound is that there isn't a way to fix it without it being awful. and in a pve orientated game it's best for something to be overtuned then undertuned.)
    if there is a gag that is overrated it's either lure or drop imo. trap serves its purpose in speedruns (dont really see places for it elsewhere) though it seems like there's a huge overreliance on lure which was similar to toonup back in tto- to be truthful for everything except for 1 maybe 2 areas (i'm debating putting backs on this because i really dont remember ever luring much in backs on my trapless who went up to cheese 20ish before term, the other place where it most likely does need to be used is ceos.) and drop well... v2.0s for carryover and starting 12s. i call it overrated because it seems like people act like it has uses aside from those areas. have not seen that much aside from a situational 1 org cream 1 org safe on a lured 10 (which seems more like a flaw too- why not just use a cream pie to secure the kill instead of risking the safe missing?)