1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launcher Issues: Mac user with a Mac OS X 10.7.5

Discussion in 'General Support Forum' started by Miraculize, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Miraculize

Miraculize Gag Trainer

So like much of us mac users, I have been having lots of trouble with logging in to toontown lately. Ever since this "update" or whatever happened, I haven't been able to log in at all. I have tried deleting my application and redownloading and it doesn't help. Everytime I log in, it goes through the sequence of downloads for the update, appears as if it is about to launch, then ends with the "leaving so soon?" error message :'(

Update: it now just says TTR has quit unexpectedly rather than "leaving so soon?"
    Has anyone else had this problem and know what I can do to get back to the Tooniverse?

PS: Been having this same exact issue since Late July/Early August

having extreme Toontown withdrawls

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. clarencebeantooth

clarencebeantooth New Toon

I'm having the same problem. I hope someone can fix this. Have you found anything?

3. Dr. Fleabag

Dr. Fleabag Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Best to email the support team about it. they'll know more than anyone.

I think there is a .txt in the game files that contains error information.

4. Kali

Kali New Toon

I contacted TTR support, as I was having the same problem and all was fixed.
    Step One: click on the finder toolbar at the top
    Step Two: Click on "Go" on the toolbar
    OR
    To skip the first two steps, on your keyboard, press "Command-Shift-G" on the desktop screen.

Step Three: Under the "Go" menu, go all the way to the bottom and click the second to last option, "Go to folder.."
    Step Four: Type in "
    ~/Library/Application Support/Toontown Rewritten and then press go
    Step Five: Open the ttr game launcher and initiate sign on.
    Step Six: Once the folder opens with all the ttr files, you'll see "Phase" files. Move the files that prevent the game from launching to the trash. For example, my launcher was stuck on "Phase 4" so i deleted the "phase 4" file and that allowed for the game to automatically redownload that file.

Side note: I ended up having to delete all the files in the ttr app support file because for some reason it just wasnt working at all. It took an EXTREMELY long time but it eventually started working again! Just whatever you do, don't be impatient and give up/exit out of it.

I hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016