1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk about the real problem yall.. Factory doors.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by CommunistKitty, Jan 5, 2017.

1. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse Soundless Comrade! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    because batman supplied them
    and batman has them because hes batman

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Finally! My TNT will be useful! :tearsofjoy:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2017 ---
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but seriously ;-;.. Not all heroes wear capes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2017 ---
    It for sure adds up over time. I've yet to actually time my factories lol. Probably longer than that with 4 man though.

3. HappyKat
    Nerdy

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The doors are like the elevator were used and very popular and now just wasted space and a annoyance

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Secundus
    Busy

Secundus Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Legend has it that there were once no factory doors. The cogs didn't have any use for them anyway, as delaying the toons were not their primary concern. But through observation, the cogs slowly learned that the toons were a species that loved to work to together and will never try to take advantage of one another.

The VP thought of something evil... factory doors.

Toons would try to push each other out of the way to get through the factory doors first. They jumped, screamed, and shoved in their puny groups of 4. Some toons even brutally rammed their teammates through the doors, making the theory of matter passing through solid objects a reality. Cogs soon adapted to this. They were able to see through the doors and engage toons in battle even when the doors were closed, dragging them unwillingly through the closed doors. Many toons were thus reported to have sterling poisoning.

Worst of all, some toons were not able to make it past the closing doors in time to catch up to their team. As their teammates went farther and farther into the factory, the trapped toons could do nothing but stand there as the doors took forever to reclose... then reopen. Some were fortunate enough to catch up, while others were not. Even till today, the screams of lost and abandoned toons fill the factory chambers.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mighty Crash
    Daring

Mighty Crash Strongest Toon in Town

100%
    Shut the factory door!!! :eek:
    (If no one else was going to do it I was :oops: )

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    I will never look at factory doors the same way again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Secundus
    Busy

Secundus Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    But as you know, IT'S JUST A THEORY, A... jk

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Draagonblitz
    Yeehaw

Draagonblitz Cog Crusher

60%
    I think the same about having to grind an obscene amount of merits/bucks/notices/options for your suits...

But anyways, I hate those doors too. I have painful memories of when I crash opening a door, or when I break a door, making it stuck and forcing me to quit... When I factoried, I made sure to always hit the doors with my toon if I was waiting, so everyone could walk through without waiting for the long animation as well. It saved me a little time.

At least make the animation faster. Maybe about 1 second long? I'm sure another server will pick up on on the doors eventually. Unsure about TTR though, since it wants to stay as vanilla as possible.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  9. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse Soundless Comrade! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    the only person to ever do a factory who didn't encounter those doors was "The Legend 27"

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Wittle Whimsy
    Sweettooth

Wittle Whimsy Mildly Uncomfortable KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Truth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    Oh gosh, that sounds pretty brutal LOL. I can't remember having the doors disconnect me, but I do recall them getting stuck frequently. I could deal with them if the animation was shorter. Or at least get rid of the double doors and switch to a single.

12. fiddle

fiddle Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

35%
    I am probably one of the few people who actually likes this style of door because glitching through these doors is fun. There's a nostalgic aspect for me that prevents me from wanting to get rid of them. I don't think they really slow anyone down that much. Think about it, if you're worried about saving time, this game isn't really fit to your style. It's a game that takes a lot of time to complete, especially after you reach about 120 Laff or so. But yeah, I've maxed Sell twice, going on a 3rd eventually, and I would like to keep these doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. HappyKat
    Nerdy

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    i dont like the moving hand thing thats on the door its just a waste of time if you ask me when you want the door to open and just get in and get out in a factory fast :confounded::astonished:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Justinbk
    Doh

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I have like an OCD thing when the door isn't closed IRL, not sure I could deal with having no doors. The one thing doors did help me with was making sure I hit that button for the last door as fast as possible so I didn't get locked inside that silly room.

However, I think if the door animation was fast it would be hilarious. Imagine that screeching sound sped up and the door shooting open. Then toons would use the fast doors to clip out of bounds (lets be honest, you WOULD be able to use it to shoot out of bounds) and speedrun the factory. It would be very messy and buggy. It would be helpful though, lets say you spend about 30 seconds a factory waiting for doors. 10 factories to get your suit would be 5 minutes wasted. That's painful.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    Im picturing the doors whipping open and laughing.. Id like to see that LOL.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2017 ---
    I feel y'all on the nostalgic part, maybe they could keep the doors but once opened they stay opened?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    I guess they have to express their inner turmoil somehow </3...