1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lureless vs. Soundless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rariangel, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rariangel

Rariangel Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I like both Lureless and Soundless toons because they both bring some sort of challenge.

Lureless toons aren't able to train Trap on their own for obvious reasons so it's harder for them if they don't have many available friends or people even wanting to help them train Trap. It also brings a challenge when the toon wants to solo something since Lure is a big part when soloing.

Soundless toons are one of the most hated type of toons because they have no sound. Sound is considered essential to the game. But I actually like Soundless toons. They bring a small challenge when doing Boss Battles and Factories/Mints/DA Offices/Golf Courses. But one thing I'm annoyed about is when people don't check gags and don't realise the toon is Soundless. The boarding group leader is upset at the toon for not saying they're soundless when it's their job to check the toons' gags.

All in all, I think most people are going choose Lureless over Soundless for obvious reasons. Your opinions?

Lady Smarty likes this.
  2. randomphoenix03

randomphoenix03 Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester

Both are stupid. It puts a pointless burden on both the toon and the team.

3. Rariangel

Well, I wouldn't call it stupid. Just not reasonable choices to go with.

4. southernbelle

southernbelle Elite Toon

I was lureless on TTO, would love to do it again. I always had friends who helped me train trap, usually on the street or in buildings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Yumeko

Yumeko Gag Trainer

Toontown allows diversity in teams, and you can make it through any battle with any kind of gag makeup. If you honestly struggle with a lureless or soundless toons, there might be something wrong with your strategy.

6. Lady Smarty

Lady Smarty Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter

I am working on creating a lureless toon right now. I love going with lureless and soundless toons. To me, sound is the easy/lazy way out. I have a lot more fun when I do boss battles with soundless toons.

Ampharosandmarshtomp and Nony like this.
  7. Rariangel

Same xD

Lady Smarty likes this.
  8. southernbelle

southernbelle Elite Toon

My main toon right now is dropless but even with lure I didn't train my own trap. It's not worth taking the hit.

9. Lady Smarty

Lady Smarty Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter

I trained my own trap on my tuless toon, it wasn't that bad :)

JazzMan likes this.
  10. southernbelle

southernbelle Elite Toon

It's just boring lol. I would go into high invasion buildings and just put trap every round, had my friend lure. If we needed a toon up they'd lure, we'd toon each other and then bike horn to wake the cog and keep going. I never really liked lure, still don't.

Lady Smarty likes this.
  11. TheTabKey

TheTabKey Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Soundless is better because Lure is safer.

Going Lureless means you have to play extremely aggressively alone, which is very dangerous. But if you're Soundless, you can still rely on the safety of Lure.

In parties as long as you have one person with Lure (maybe two if you're unlucky), you don't need more. The lack of that fourth sound gag can be troublesome, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a burden to the team.

They both offer challenges, and aren't necessarily burdens, but I'd probably say Soundless is better for solo play and Lureless is better for team play.

Lady Smarty likes this.
  12. Satorus

Satorus Guest

Soundless is better they just make things take more time usually.

Rariangel likes this.
  13. DizzyTheToon

DizzyTheToon Guest

On my main toon I will NEVER go soundless or lureless, but I prefer soundless. Remember, if your lureless, bad things will happen:
    You will have to max your trap with a friend,
    Lure will take slightly more time but more safe,
    And more

14. Cool Miles

Cool Miles Cog Crusher

Before I quit this game, I actually had a 61 laff lureless toon named Rhythm, who actually was 200 points away from maxing trap. (Not that I don't have him anymore on TTR, it's just that I don't play TTR anymore). I'd prefer lureless over soundless because soundless is rejected more in boarding groups (at least from my experience).

15. Draagonblitz

Draagonblitz Elite Toon

The thing with going soundless is that, for sound to work optimally, all four toons have to have it in a battle. Meanwhile, choosing to go lureless means that you just rely on another toon to do the luring for you, which really doesn't matter since you only need to use 1 hypno each time, whilst about every 4 rounds or so.
    This, and considering the fact that sound is used much more often than lure. Only snag with lureless is that training trap would be a real pain. As for solong: who would solo without using SOS lures anyway?

For arguments sake, I would definitely choose lureless.

16. JazzMan

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

The downside to soloing as a lureless toon is that your SOS lure will only last for one round.

17. Furious Feline

Furious Feline Cog Crusher

I was soundless in TTO and it was definitely a lot different than going with sound. Instead of spamming sound over and over, you had to go it slow and think strategically. In all honesty it was probably more fun than my current trapless setup.

18. JackAttack

JackAttack Cog Crusher

Not always, it will depend on the wakeupChance of the cog. It's quite possible to have Lureless Lure SOS last for more than one round. Granted, the probability is quite low for higher level cogs.

JazzMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.