1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac Error, Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Support Forum' started by dungeonsndrgns, Apr 23, 2017.

1. dungeonsndrgns

dungeonsndrgns New Toon

I've been trying so hard to get this game to load. I've contacted support but it's been DAYS, almost a week since they replied. I try to play and it gave me "There was an error getting you into Toontown. it the GO button and try again." and I've tried everything I could find. I deleted the m(something)_4 thing or the enable the anti-something thing and everything I've done does not work! Please help!

2. StuntManSam

StuntManSam New Toon TTR Beta Tester

https://mega.nz/#F!MJtiTCgI!5ZSg108OIkbUuu2hTJo9xw This will contain the files that makes it work on mac again. It worked for me. T he problem is the files the Launcher "updates fresh" are bugged in the Mac Version. So you have to get someone's files that actually work. I found this site from a different TTR forum, deleted all the TTR files I have, and replaced them with these. You have to unzip it first once you download it, and copy over the files from the folder. The unzipped folder should contain these files:

Frameworks Libraries.bundle logs Patcher Patcher.pkg phase_3.5.mf phase_3.mf phase_4.mf phase_5.5.mf phase_5.mf phase_6.mf phase_7.mf phase_8.mf phase_9.mf phase_10.mf phase_11.mf phase_12.mf phase_13.mf screenshots settings.json Toontown Rewritten TTRGame.bin TTRGame.vlt winter.mf

Then just find your TTR files by searching for this in spotlight search (the magnifying glass at the top of your mac screen by the clock)

~/Library/Application Support/Toontown Rewritten

Highlight every file that is in there, and delete it. Then copy over all the new files from the unzipped folder.

Now launch the launcher, it will see all these files as good, and you can log in as normal.

There is one slight bug that happened on my computer but not my fiance's computer. My TTR launcher would not show up when i tried to open it. But I moved the settings.json file out of the folder, and it worked. but I had to put the file back in before I hit "GO". weird glitch, but like I said, my fiance didn't have to do that at all.

3. NubleyBumble

NubleyBumble New Toon

Yeah, so if TTRW knows this is an issue why haven't they fixed it? Downloading someone else's working files isn't a very Cyber Security based wise decision! If Toontown Rewritten knows this is an issue, I think a lot of us would feel better if they addressed the issue and fixed it rather than asking us to download potentially corrupted files from who knows where. This flies in the face of why most of us invested in the Mac option.