1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Math or Science?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Rogue Ranger, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Do you like math or science more?

1. Math

76.9%
  2. Science

23.1%
  1. The Rogue Ranger

The Rogue Ranger Cog Crusher

Which one do you like more? I like math more, which seems to be the less popular option :(
    Math is just more fun to do, because you can sit down and do it, but with science who have to like walk around, and science is harder. And math is easy? Most people in high school complain about all there classes, but in middle school and elementrary school, they always hate math for some reason :( but math was always the one class I liked...

2. The Greater Picture

The Greater Picture Cog Crusher

Math, by a whole lot
    There were always four main classes in middle school and elementrary school, which were math history, science and language arts.
    My order out of all of them was Math > History > Science > Language Arts
    That is also the order that is easiest for me to do ;)
    But I hate it when science teachers say things like "science is just fun math" lol like its not fun, and most of the science that was taught early on was NOT math. It wasn't until 7th grade that we did actual math in science. And everyone who always get, well I guess not angry, they just hated math. Math, math class, those were hated, but science was loved. I really don't understand. Math class you didn't have to do projects which is one reason why I liked it. When I tell people that, they always say 1) They like projects and 2) Test. Okay so, how do you like projects and test are really just worksheets that are worth more to your grade than a normal worksheet. Thats honestly how I see it lol. Luckily people in college don't complain about it, because like if they don't like math don't choose it... which is also a reason why college is a superior way to run a school.

3. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

Science is essentially applied math at the later levels, especially when it gets to college level physics courses, so I always found math to be easier as a whole since it was more straightforward to me.

4. Taco Kitten

Taco Kitten little sugarcube TTR Beta Tester

I'm a homeschooled Freshman in high school atm, and I have never done well at Math. It's my kryptonite. Whether it's multiple digit multiplication or some jacked-up equation, I always end up breaking down from frustration.

Science is now leaning towards those, what my book calls them, 'applications' which are basically math problems. Those aren't too hard but very confusing. I've always been interested in how things work so I don't really mind Science.

I'd say Science, but it depends on the math for me.

5. Furious Wind

Furious Wind Gag Trainer

Well math is easy lol so...

6. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

(seeing as i'm a criminal justice student with an interest in law, take my opinion with a grain of salt lol)
    i prefer math, as once explained to me it's a lot easier to do, with a lot less memorization

7. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

Computer science major here. (Technically software design but same thing), despite the word "science" it's more involving math so I def prefer math overall. Science classes just never click with me.

8. Furious Wind

Furious Wind Gag Trainer

Oh, a fellow computer science major ;)

9. Keb

Keb New Toon

history :)