1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My response to a Cold Caller's excuses (or how i learned to care and get angry at Cold Callers)

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Sir McQuack, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Read the title. (I might sound like a Frizzy Doggenpop ripoff sometimes, sorry for that)

You used to like be us! No, some of us did not beg for a group with 50 laff and level 4 gags. Just because you're low, that doesn't mean you're special and we have to carry you.

But if i don't do a VP, i won't be a higher suit! Train your gags, upgrade your laff and come back, if you do you will get groups faster.

But i did VPs before! Look, i'm level 3! That means you got carried twice. And because you got carried by the higher toons, you did not learn any strategies from the 2 VPs you did. Like for example, i'm a Pencil Pusher in the CEO but i did not fully master the CEO yet.

Gags and laff do not matter! It's the heart! Gags and laff do matter, because that means you have more firepower and durability. That also means you have more experience in the game, and that way higher toons will invite you to a group.

But i need to upgrade my gags in the VP! (Yes, i actually heard that from a Cold Caller once) No, you don't NEED to train in the VP. In fact, you should not even CONSIDER thinking about that. Training in the bosses usually means the group will have a harder time with the boss and they will lose more laff. Higher toons won't heal you if you keep training.

But i need to learn the VP! With level 4 gags, it's impossible to, because being carried or having rewards are ESSENTIAL for toons with low gags and laff to survive the entire VP.

But i will do good, i promise! It's hard to determine whenever a Cold Caller will train or not and higher toons do not want to risk going sad because of you and your poor gameplay.

Yeah, i think that's all. If you agree, disagree, i missed some excuses or you want to rant on them from your perspective, please be sure to leave a reply!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Constellation
    Artistic

Constellation nyoom, not vroom. KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I mean Cold Callers, yeah, they can be a pain. But I still remember about a year ago when I was begging, cause I didn't know much about it. These newcomers don't know the requirements. I like to carry 1 or 2 cause they need a chance to learn the battlefield and know what they're up against. Maybe some of them are for a task like the Caviar from Mr. Hollywoods [dang you little old man] or they need a key from a Mingler. Yes, both of these can be found in buildings, but the VP is a guarantee.

Some points in this you have proved correct and I agree, though I do not agree with the whole statement.

One last thing, just because of their bad gags and laff, doesn't mean they might have a good strategy. Think about maybe some ubers in the VP, they most likely have a good strategy.

This is a pretty decent post, but I just wanted to post my opinion. c;

• Like Like x 1
  3. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse if 1 = 2, then i am the pope TTR Beta Tester

100%
    What is funny is that they don't realize if they just max 2 gags they'd get invited by anyone lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    Where in this post did i say that Cold Callers might have good strategy? I only mentioned the posssbility of them training or not training.
    Also thanks for your opinion.
    True, lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  5. Loveless
    Asleep

Loveless Angsty Teen KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    A toon with max gags will always be the safest bet regardless of suit

• Like Like x 4
  6. Domino Mouse
    Snobbish

Domino Mouse Blue Bear's Pet Mouse
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    whens that cold caller diss track dropping

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Detrevni
    Sweettooth

Detrevni Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Laff does not matter and we're not talking about ubers. Strategy doesn't always work like that. You could be the greatest military strategist in the world, but still be utterly dominated if you don't have any weaponry.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    feb 2018 along with my new fire mixtape my bro

9. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    It's honestly lazy when someone doesn't have at least 3 maxed gags by the time they start doing the VP since there's level 12 cogs and plenty of high level cogs in the skele cog round. I've seen some with level 4 gags only that were pretty decent and knew at least how to help another toon with killing another cog, but those are really rare to have someone who knows how to handle their gags at that point and aren't worth the risk taking them, even then they're just not as capable as someone with maxed gags overall.

• Like Like x 3
  10. KittyKatz
    Sweettooth

KittyKatz Gag Trainer
    KTTA TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I've found that if there are low suit cogs then the cogs are lower.
    E.g. one time I carried a lvl 2 Cold Caller and we got some lvl 1-3 cogs :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    I agree.

I think that's the system for all bosses. For example, if a CEO group has many low suits, you will only get one fire.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

Maxwell Trollbreath sly.exe TTR Beta Tester

100%
    To my knowledge that really has no effect at all. I've done VPs with all level 50 hollywoods and got the same result. Although Sir Mcquacks CEO example is correct and same goes for CJ (in terms of bonus weight and how difficult the scale round will be)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    this 119 laff cat in the vp lobby said im bad at the game because im ''scared'' of bringing 54 laffers with level 5 gags
    i dont care if they have good strategy, im not carrying some randoms which have only 4 gag tracks + no level 6 gags
    she used the excuse ''but its the vp''
    no i dont care what boss it is im not carrying end of story
    even a 103 laff cold caller (with good gags btw) agreed with me

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Stumpy
    Artistic

Stumpy Elite Toon

100%
    I remember when I was on my Tuless/Trapless toon (aka Ishud B. Sleeping) I was inside a VP lobby talking to a friend and someone invited me to a VP but I declined because the only maxed gag I had at the time was Drop and I wasn't in the mood to VP. I told him "I can't VP my gags are terrible" and he replies "But you have maxed Drop." and I'm just like "Excuse me, did you forget how this game works?".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    an interesting analysis of important factors in society

16. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    ues legel egel