1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey, Toons!

The forums is undergoing some behind-the-scenes (and sometimes in-front-of-the-scenes) freshening up! You can read more about it here

Have a TOONTASTIC Day!

New Channel: Toontown Rewritten Machinimas

Discussion in 'Videos & Streams' started by Silly Bebop Jeeperthud, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Silly Bebop Jeeperthud

Silly Bebop Jeeperthud Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I just made a Youtube channel called Toontown Rewritten Machinimas where I, well, will post Toontown Rewritten animations that I create!
    The channel can be found here: Toontown Rewritten Machinimas - YouTube

Please check out the channel and comment on the first video. It would be nice if you could give me suggestions!

There will be more videos added in the future, maybe weekly. You should also comment and give me suggestions!

2. Silly Bebop Jeeperthud

Sorry. The updates may be slow for a while. I need to focus on my studying for college and I might also get a job at Giant! ATTA Supporters do have lives of their own, you know!

3. SmolBean

SmolBean New Toon

me: *click*
    youtube: this channel does not exist.
    me: looks up channel
    youtube: NEVERRRRRR
    your channel is forever a mystery
    i hope it really did exist though because im sure i would like it

4. Sr.Quack

Sr.Quack Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester

It most likely did at one point, but you know, school can stop you right in your tracks. Also, Toontown can be so exciting, but afterwards it can be really boring. It's just a sad truth when it comes to departing from Toontown or any game.

5. Silly Bebop Jeeperthud

I deleted the channel after hearing about Article 13/Article 17, a new law recently passed by the EU that makes it so your videos can get flagged if you post copyrighted content. People said that that law will be the “end of YouTube” as well as saying that YouTube might have to “take down millions of videos.”

6. Laosinaa

Laosinaa New Toon

Those Articles are nothing compared to the new COPPA regulations. Try to argue that any Toontown related gameplay or sketch is not kid oriented. Now, the youtube community of Toontown isn't big enough to have people who are full-time youtubers so there aren't many who would take the risk and leave their videos set as not kid oriented. But I'm pretty sure this regulation destroyed any chances of new Toontown youtubers popping out.
    You either take the risk of getting a ridiculous fine becuase the content that you create appeales to kids (In Toontown context, it always does). Or you lose all communication with the community because the comments would be automatically disabled.

Trap and That Soundless Horse like this.
  7. Silly Bebop Jeeperthud

OK then. I will not recreate the channel then. Toontown Rewritten Machinimas is officially dead. :( Why, FTC?! Just WHY did you have to do this?!

Although, I did just look at some TTR videos and none of them have any of those features disabled. I already have seen those features disabled on some videos though, even though they were just kids’ songs. But still, I am not taking the risk. And besides, ever since the most-subscribed YouTuber got dethroned by a corporation, YouTube seems to have been going downhill in terms of how they are treating content creators.

ETA: Some of the videos on the official TTR YouTube channel got those features disabled! The FTC are Cogs (Lawbots specifically), I tell ya!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  8. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

I mean when Happy Tree Friends and videos like Cupcakes hd and Smile hd are deemed kid friendly by the YouTube bots, toontown content is pretty much doomed on YouTube to be for kids.

Trap likes this.
  9. Laosinaa

Laosinaa New Toon

I'm not saying that you shouldn't make TT videos, it's a really good technical experience and when it comes to the interactions in the community, there are ways around it. For example this thread that is specified for videos and streams. Just have the community redirected to the forum in the videos. But if you're motivated by potential youtube partnership and revenue then uhhhh I don't think that'll work out.

10. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

i noticed it from coach z primarily, but the tt youtube community has been stale for quite some time now imo (not really surprised, anything that hasn't been covered has already been covered. Solos, Rants, Valley, etc.) though the regulations just are
    yikes

Laosinaa likes this.
  11. Laosinaa

Laosinaa New Toon

doubt :laughing: