1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing TTR via Crossover on OS X

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Riot, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Riot

Riot Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

It is unfortunately taking quite a while to fix TTR for OS X.

Your choices are ultimately limited. You can compile it yourself in Wine, but playing with 5 FPS is ridiculous. You could also use a Virtual Machine and run it on there, or even by using Bootcamp, but who wants to spend so much time doing that? You can just wait for the development team to fix it, but you miss your Toons too much. Crossover is, by far, the easiest and simplest way to play TTR until it's all fixed up by the team.

Please note that Toontown Rewritten does not officially support using Crossover. That means I'm just telling this to you player-to-player, got it? :p

You can download a free Crossover trial here. Just set up a name and an email. The trial lasts for a good 14 days.

While that's installing, please go right on over to the Toontown Rewritten website and download a Windows launcher.

When Crossover opens up, you'll want to click "Install a Windows Application". Click Installer -> Choose Installer File -> and then select the Windows TTR launcher. Make sure the launcher file you select ends with .exe. It'll ask you to input a name. Just put in "Toontown Rewritten" and click "Unlisted application".

Follow the instructions to install the launcher. When it asks you to choose an installation location, make a new file on "My Mac Desktop" so that it's easily accessible. If all goes well, Crossover will say that it was successful and then go to a screen where you can select Windows applications.

Go ahead and click on the TTR application (not the installer, of course) and log in. After it's done installing all of the TTR files to that new folder on your desktop, you should be thrown right into TTR.

The only bug I've found with this so far is in regards to logging into an account that has two-step authentication on it (and perhaps ToonGuard as well).

Please note that this might not work on every Mac computer. Let me know if it works for you!

2. ToonFestBluePopcorn

ToonFestBluePopcorn Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

OMG!
    THIS SOLUTION REALLY WORKED! THANK YOU! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :D

3. ToonFestBluePopcorn

ToonFestBluePopcorn Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

only problem is that sometimes i see a black or white screen... hmmm

4. JayPlays

JayPlays Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter

Either get Windows or a debian Linux distro. Will be better :)

5. ColorfulDuckTTR

ColorfulDuckTTR New Toon

It works!! Thank you! :D

6. Catty Potter

Catty Potter Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

This really works, thanks! The only problem I have is that it's super laggy in populated areas. I'd say it's my internet but I don't have this issue on the mac launcher.

7. Khloeshi Burt

Khloeshi Burt New Toon

I need help!! When I click on your link, it says "Site can't be reached". And no, there isn't a connection problem, I am fully connected to my home WiFi. Can someone give me some advice to get past this? I have a Chromebook model 11 by the way.

8. Blue Bear

Blue Bear Administrator Cast Member Administrator TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

@Khloeshi Burt I don't think this is a solution for Chromebook users, this just seems to be a temp-fix to Mac when there was some issues a few years ago.

9. RoxasTTR

RoxasTTR Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager KTTA TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester KTTA Clan Leader

Unfortunately, Toontown Rewritten does not provide support for Chromebooks at the moment. There are workarounds, but they aren't officially supported. Maybe someone here lurking around has a Chromebook solution?

10. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

For Chromebooks, you can use shticker book rewritten, a 3rd party launcher of sorts, to play the game if your chromebook has support for installing linux programs. You can download it from here:

https://download.opensuse.org/repos...amd64/shticker-book-rewritten_1.2.1_amd64.deb

After downloading it, go into your download folder, and drag the file you just downloaded into the linux files folder if its available, then from there you should be able to install the game just fine.