1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll on invasions

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Beary Funny2, Jul 15, 2015.

?

Would you rather have invasions be timed instead of cogs?

1. I like invasions the way they are now.

31.6%
  2. I would like it if invasions were switched to times.

52.6%
  3. Undecided.

15.8%
  4. Other. (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Beary Funny2

Beary Funny2 Cog Crusher

Hello everyone! I'd just like to make a quick poll about how invasions work and if they should be changed.

I personally think that invasions would be a lot better if they, instead of being an amount of cogs, be an amount of time. For example :

Instead of having 6783 Flunkies invade a district, how about have a 45 minute flunky invasion on said district. I think it would be a good idea because there is always a rush because often times you can only get one building done during an invasion, but this way you know how long it will last.

Okay, there is some serious confusion on how invasions work. Invasions summon a certain amount of cogs, and toonhq.org/invasions DOES NOT KNOW how long it will last. They use math to estimate how long it will last. So instead of having it like that, why not just summon a 20 minute invasion, instead of a 3000 cog invasion that they say will last 20, but actually lasts 14 minutes.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Super Romeo

Super Romeo Guest

It IS based on time, not number of cogs. Invasion Tracker | Toontown Rewritten HQ

3. Beary Funny2

Beary Funny2 Cog Crusher

It is NOT based on time. They take the number of cogs ( i.e 3000) and say 1 toon will destroy 3 cogs every minute, and if there are 200 toons on the district, they can estimate the time it will take for the invasion to complete.

4. Super Romeo

Super Romeo Guest

Well I prefer it like this, because it is really accurate, and I kind of like it better like that.

Lady Smarty likes this.
  5. Beary Funny2

Beary Funny2 Cog Crusher

Simply having a set time would be WAY MORE accurate. In fact, it'd be perfect. The second the invasions starts you know EXACTLY how long it lasts. I'm fine with the opinion, but seriously, time would be WAY more accurate than cogs.

6. Jackrock

Jackrock Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Times is probably easier for us but not for the Toontown Rewritten servers.

Marcel and Kate like this.
  7. I'd like it to have a set time. I hate it when it says an invasion may take 25 minutes so I'm taking my sweet time training in a building (trying to cram as many gags as possible in) and wham there's like 5 mins left even though I was in there for like not even 10 minutes.

And yes, Super Romeo, it is based on the amount of cogs destroyed, that is why it says x / y cogs under the timer. If uses the data from the average amount of cogs defeated over time to estimate how long the invasion will last.