1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complaint & Suggestion - The endless problems with TTR.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Complaints' started by Dark, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Dark

Dark New Toon

We spoke to a lot of other members of TTR, everyone agrees with this article. Please, make take the time to read this and make changes for all of us. You are reading from a player who has been on the game for a very long time.

As this game gets older and older, the more issues arise.
    This is a complaint article specifically for ToonTown Rewritten in-game, not the forums. Before you try to remove this article or take it down, actually read through it and possible make some changes. I'm a huge fan of ToonTown Rewritten, I'm just not a fan of what changes have been going on since I last played.

*Complaint* Let's start with the unprofessional staff team.
    Unfair Bans:
    Disclaimer: All information given below was permitted by the owner of the account(s).
    Let's start with what happened to one of my buddies (a 2015 player I know in real life)
    So, imagine having a 118 laff account with all max gags, you do a simple cosmetic glitch that makes you dress like a cog in the Sellbot HQ (just like if you entered the VP area), doesn't give you any in-game advantage at all, but your account gets terminated because of it. There was not a written warning nor a game D/C from moderators, just a permanent account termination. Is this a justified ban? Or is this just moderators being extremely unfair to users in-game. Hmm. You could bring up the account history on the account itself or linked to the IP Address, but this is still unfair as a cosmetic glitch is a glitch, it's apart of the game, it's TTR developers job to fix it. I could 100% understand if the glitch actually gave him an advantage in-game, I would ban too, but it didn't. Now, my buddy is forced to grind a new account (all that time in the terminated account was lost).

If you can get banned for doing that glitch, players doing this glitch should be banned too:
    [​IMG]

I have another friend who caught a 1 week ban and a 1 week mute simply for asking his old buddy what his Discord was. I get going around asking players for their Discord can potentially be dangerous especially to the younger players, but asking your friend you've known for a while, knowing very well that they are of age to use Discord, isn't a justification to give a 1 week ban or mute. I see players every single day sharing their Discord or asking if people have Discord but absolutely nothing happens to them. If Discord sharing was such a bad thing, why allow us to say Discord in the first place? It doesn't make sense.

Long Appeal Process (with basically no response or help, just a person saying no)
    The appeal process takes ages to even get a reply. When you do get a reply, it's simply just a no we cannot do that. We wait almost a week for a response just to be told no without a valid explanation as to why. Perhaps change this to where you reply near instantly. It's not a hard system to implement in a game at all.

*Complaint / Suggestion* No in-game support or help button in game.
    There isn't a way to simply click a button and get a moderator to come to you in-game. Instead, they deem you must email TTRs support email which takes weeks to get a simple response. Perhaps add an in-game feature that allows us to click a button and get support from a real staff member instantly.

*Complaint* In-game crashes and bugs all the time that developers deem they are handling which is not true.
    It's almost like the developers don't really care what goes in in-game. They take ages for anything to be released in-game and get it to function properly. When you submit a support ticket to notify developers of a bug / glitch in-game, they say they will handle it / take care of it, but never do.

Crashing before a teleport to a different playground, different district. Crashing before entering the VP, entering a building, etc.
    Being pushed by other users by jumping on top of them (can cause a player to get greened and such.)
    Not being able to type in whisper (happens very rarely)

If anyone from the TTR team would like to sit and talk about this with me, reply and we can get in contact. I have so much more to say, but these are the main key points I'm trying to bring attention to.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. Pebshau

Pebshau Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I’m not going to say for sure but I don’t think there are any TTR staff members on this site, as far as I know the moderators on TTR Forums have nothing to do with the staff/developers of the actual game

3. Catcat

Catcat semis don't deserve rights TTR Beta Tester

any ttr staff members on this site are inactive and haven't been on in years, I think you should email the team about this instead
    as you said, it takes ages to get a reply, but it's a guaranteed way for them to see it

considering how much they don't care about their playerbase, I don't even know if they'll take it into consideration but I'd still email