1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Fun Weekend Summary!

Discussion in 'Forum Fun Days' started by Wizard Bear, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Wizard Bear
    Thinking

Wizard Bear Editor-in-Chief
    Cast Member Social Media Forum Moderator ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hey there everyone!

I'm making this thread to inform everyone about the upcoming Summer Fun Weekend! I'm super excited to have this event again for the Summer and I thought it would be a great way for everyone here to relax and have an entire weekend of silly shenanigans.

For those of you who may not know what Forum Fun Day was, it was an entire day devoted to having fun with everyone on the Forums in game with cool activities, events and miscellaneous contests. Most of all, it was a way for toons who may not have known each other to meet, hang out and gain friendly bonds with each other in game. The first ever Forum Fun Day was held three months ago and I can definitely say it was successful in what it set out to do. However, the event was a bit disorganized considering the unexpected amount of people that showed up, the limited time allocated to each individual event and the miscommunication involved in some activities.

Needless to say, this time around, we're planning to kick off Forum Fun Weekend with a bang. It is definitely much more organized this time around thanks to your feedback from the last event and from slip ups here and there from last time.

Over the course of the coming weeks leading up to Summer Fun Day, I will be sending out the official schedule and event descriptions right here in this category so keep your eyes peeled! Firstly, let's establish the rules once more and get an overview of the event:

Overview:

• The Summer Fun Weekend will consist of several different events over the span of two days (Saturday and Sunday).
    • Mainly, the Fun Weekend will consist of four different categories: Boss Events, Novelty Events, Forum Tournament and the Forum Party.
    • There will be teams of 3-6 people (dependent on the turnout) for the course of the Summer Fun Weekend.
    • The structure of the Fun Weekend events will be a bracket style tournament where the best player advances i.e. the player that won the event before or a point driven event where the players with the most points will win at the end. Please navigate here for more information on tournament bracket structures.
    • Boss Events are individual events with each victory (victory doesn't mean the boss battle overall) contributing to Toon Event Points. Boss Events include all boss battles in the game. Boss Events may also include a boss marathon and a factory marathon.
    • Novelty Events include activities such as Forum Game Show, Forum Fashion Show, Waterway Race, Mystery Event and so on.
    • Team members can be selected via the individual's choice, the organizers' selection or from a random lottery.
    • The Forum Tournament includes activities such as racing in Goofy's Speedway, Find Four, Checkers, golfing, trolley competitions, fishing events and so on.
    • The Forum Party is an opportunity to unwind, relax and chat with other forum members when the Fun Day's events are completed. During the Forum Party, to commemorate everyone for participating, there will be a bean fest.
    Rules:
    • Any rude behaviour/general "trolling" towards Forum participants and organizers will result in immediate disqualification from the events.
    • All Toontown Rewritten rules apply to this event. Please adhere to the "Guidelines to Being Toontastically Toon Enough" whilst in game.
    • All TTR Forum rules apply to this event (within reason). Please adhere to all rules stated in the Forum Rules thread.
    • Any cheating or "foul play" during the event will result in immediate disqualification or timeout of participants.
    • If there are issues/disagreements with team members, please report it to the Fun Weekend organizers. If the issue breaks Toontown Rewritten rules, please Report the person(s) via the Report function in game.
    • There will be a referee assigned to teams/toons during the tournament. Do not argue with the referees' decisions. All decisions are final.
    • Listen to the event organizers at all times and follow their instructions during the event. Failure to do so may result in an Event Point penalty or disqualification from the proceedings.
    • Most of all, HAVE FUN!
    So Wizard Bear, you may ask, when will Forum Fun Weekend be? Forum Fun Weekend is coined for:
    Saturday 30th July to Sunday 31st July 2016.
    That's right! We also have some sneaky surprises in store for everyone. For those who may have been keeping up with the Forum News, you may have a slight idea of what I'm talking about. Now for the Events:
    Events:
    I will be dropping some past events and adding some new events to balance the day off well. Let's list out the events that will make the cut and those that won't.
    Approved
    • Opening Ceremony
    • Golfing (Toontown Summer Open 2016)
    • Racing
    • Forum Fashion Show
    • Forum Game Show
    • Trolley Competition
    • Waterway Race
    • Boss Challenge
    • Trivia Royale
    • Mystery Event
    • Street Sweep
    • Boss Marathon
    • Facility Marathon
    • Facility Race
    • Organizers/Cast Event
    • Table Games Tournament (Find Four & Checkers)
    • Obstacle Race
    • Award & Recognition Ceremony (will extend to the Forums, not limited to the Fun Weekend's events)
    • Forum Party
    • Forum Bean Fest
    • Closing Ceremony
    Dropped
    • Fishing Event
    • Fishing Showcase
    • Speedy Dodge
    • Organizers'/Referees' Race (There will be a different event for this category instead)
    • Old Obstacle Dodge (The old track/course will not be the same as last time. Obstacle Race has been revamped)
    • Building Takeover
    • Old Trolley Competition (The trolley competition has been revamped this time around. Last time, it caused some confusion)
    • Old Boss Challenge (It was a bit too challenging last time. It's been revamped to provide difficulty while maintaining versatility and allowing for a larger possibility of completion)
    • Old Award & Recognition Ceremony (Various categories have been revised and added)
    I really hope you guys are able to come out for this. It will be a weekend to remember!
    Now, I really want to stress on this part. This is the final opportunity outside of this thread to make suggestions before everything is finalized. Please, please, please, if you have any further concerns with the event, please comment below or start a conversation with me at @Wizard Bear. If anything needs to be clarified, please use the same means of contacting me. If you want to expand and give some suggestions on what I posted here, please comment or start a conversation with me. I'm completely open to suggestions. Your suggestion might even become one of the events or a new structure to follow for the Weekend's events so don't be shy to comment.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Jul 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Wittle Whimsy
    Worried

Wittle Whimsy tired and uninspired KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    cool

• Like Like x 1
  3. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

king lollipop junior It's Over Anakin! I have the High Ground! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    YES THE ONE WEEK IN JULY I'M NOT IN TEXAS OR AT FALLS CREEK! definitely going!

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. TheOtherMewnianPrincess
    Lurking

TheOtherMewnianPrincess afk kween
    KTTA

100%
    Someone attending should do a stream so those who can't go can still watch :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neighon
    Tired

Neighon Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Darn, it's the day I leave for the states to no internet. I hope you guys have fun though! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wizard Bear
    Thinking

Wizard Bear Editor-in-Chief
    Cast Member Social Media Forum Moderator ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Aw man. We'll miss you on the weekend. :(

• Like Like x 2
  7. Puppy
    In-Love

Puppy Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I would like to come! I barely understand whats happening but I'm sure I can pick it up when I get there :0)

• Like Like x 2
  8. QueenM
    Mellow

QueenM Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I HOPE TTR WILL WORK FOR ME BY THIS TIME

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Miniapollo17
    Nerdy

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    If I go I'd be willing to explain everything to you. I remember helping out a few of the new forumers who joined but didn't know what the events were :D

That being said, I'd like to come and help out again :) @Wizard Bear

• Like Like x 1
  10. Enter
    Busy

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Basically a mega birthday party for me LOL

Will add maybe 20 people max to my friends list

• Like Like x 2
  11. Entity

Entity Guest

@HAL-9000

• Like Like x 2
  12. angel-monkey
    Innocent

angel-monkey Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'll be there! Can't wait to meet everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CatInTheMorgue
    Gloomy

CatInTheMorgue Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Am I missing something

Where is everyone gonna meet up, this sounds fun, don't want to go to the wrong place and miss out

14. Heaven Bound
    No Mood

Heaven Bound Mini Moderator
    Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    OMG this is so perfect, I thought this was going to be while I was gone, but I get back on the 25th :D
    I'm totally going! Will we be able to just do a mass boss run? I know last time we broke up into groups, but I think it would be a lot better and less confusing if we just did everything together, no one goes off and does other events.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Super Zany
    Cheerful

Super Zany Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    So where will we meet, and what time? I live in EST btw. I'm super excited and hope I don't crash a ton like last time...

16. HAL-9000
    Spaced

HAL-9000 Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    so this is the forum equivalent of those block partys you have at church hub?

17. Maginiesta
    Fine

Maginiesta Elite Toon

100%
    I remember the first one. Can't wait for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Last one was a disaster for me because TTR decided to crash me during the events I promised to ref... but hopefully not this time :D

19. augustus
    Lonely

augustus Elite Toon KTTA

100%
    This sounds cool! I hope I meet new people like last time I met @Super Zany @Shampoo and others

20. Wittle Whimsy
    Worried

Wittle Whimsy tired and uninspired KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Can't wait to add some forum ppl on Jinx :p