1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS The Doodle Hunt Has Begun!

Discussion in 'TTR Posts' started by Professor Brainiac, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Do you think doodles are coming soon?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Professor Brainiac

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

The Doodle Hunt Has Begun!
    Posted by Flippy on April 8, 2017 09:15 AM

Flippy here, President of the Toon Council! I'm feeling more than totally Toonifically Toontastic right now, because the most wonderful news was just delivered to my desk: My lost Doodle, Fluffy, has been spotted! Check out this new video straight from Toon HQ:

It's the most crazy thing. As many of you know, April Toons Week has been wackier than ever. Doctor Surlee has been trying to track down the silliness, but he just couldn't understand it! That is, until seeing my little green guy running around the streets of Toontown.

Since then, we've been getting nonstop reports about Fluffy sightings all over the place. He's in the buildings, trying to find his way back to Toon Hall! Oh, I just hope he won't run into any Cogs out there. I need YOUR help to track down my lost Doodle once and for all.

Toon Troopers will be scattered throughout Toontown to help players track Fluffy down, and better yet, you should form groups to get together and find him! Toons are reporting that Fluffy likes to hide in buildings on the streets, and all of this silliness apparently makes him talk like a Toon!

Please, help me find my Doodle! I miss him so very much. Rumors from Toons who have seen him says that he has something important to tell me about his friends. What could it be?

There's only one way to find out. Let's get out there and find FLUFFY!

April 3, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.14.1]
    Maintenance
    • Added several instrumentation systems to help us better understand crashes and performance issues.
    • Fixed a couple of conditions that would cause our account management server to crash and have to restart.
    • Slightly improved game stability for macOS users who choose to play with audio enabled. Hang tight, we're working on a full fix!

Bugfixes
    • Fixed a crash that occurs when a Windows user clicks the "Open Folder" button in their Shticker Book.
    • Fixed a crash that occurs when opening the mailbox with a gift from a Toon you are no longer friends with.
    • Fixed a server crash that occurs when battling a Cog after trying to take too many Toontasks via a glitch.
    • Fixed a server crash that occurs when logging out in a Cog Golf Course.

Tweaks
    • Tweaked a few more models to reduce the amount of glitches caused by April Toons Week gravity changes.
    • Improved appearance of buildings when floating in the air due to April Toons Week gravity changes.
    • Toons now react at the appropriate time to a pink slip's cannon.

2. Parker TTR

Parker TTR New Toon TTR Beta Tester

Where do you find the doodle?

mrsmojorising likes this.
  3. mrsmojorising

mrsmojorising New Toon TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

this is actually exciting :')!!

4. Professor Brainiac

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I don't actually know. I haven't been on Toontown recently, but I saw some videos on it (because this pumped me up too :p ) and from what I got I think it's a part of the April Fools task. He's been sighted in miscellaneous buildings in random streets. Not sure how you find out where, but the April Fools task should relate to it. Hope this helped :D

5. Rookie

Rookie Elite Toon

Are there new tasks right now? I tried getting one a few days ago but I didn't get anything. (I did last year's April Fools Toontasks)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Trap likes this.
  6. Professor Brainiac

I've heard there was an April Fools task (the Pet Shop thing like last year) with the same reward but new task. Not too sure how it works this time.

7. Sir Fritz

Sir Fritz Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I believe that this is a sneak peek at doodles coming out soon, but that also means that the "when are doodles coming out?" meme is going to die soon.

8. pompouspigeon44

pompouspigeon44 New Toon ATTA Supporter

Does anyone know where to get these tasks? I've been to all the playgrounds and I can't find these troopers that the post talks about.

9. Professor Brainiac

Well I was absolutely wrong earlier
    here's a video that explains how to do it

pompouspigeon44 likes this.
  10. Rookie

Rookie Elite Toon

That cringe intro

stops watching

Professor Brainiac likes this.
  11. Professor Brainiac

me every time

Rookie likes this.
  12. featherwolf

featherwolf Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Is this a new thing or is it recycled from last year? And is there like any point to finding him (like a task or a reward) or is it just for fun?

13. Professor Brainiac

I think it's just for suspense
    but by now everyone knows Fluffy's monologue and what it implies
    so in my opinion there's not too big of a reason to spend hours looking for fluffy

featherwolf likes this.
  14. Mighty Crash

Mighty Crash Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I really like the way the team is going about this,
    first off doodles have been a long awaited update going on for about three years. But I am glad they gave something as big as this the respect and time it needed. Even created the promotional video which was a nice touch (0:49 tho :rolleyes: ). So I'm excited to see what fwuff has to offer in this sure to be exciting series of events.

Professor Brainiac likes this.
  15. featherwolf

featherwolf Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I'm really hoping this turns into a series of tasks where one might be able to get an exclusive doodle or perhaps just a doodle before they come out. Or maybe a doodle shirt. :p

This is definitely a momentous occasion and I feel like those who have been waiting should be able to get something for their patience.

Trap likes this.
  16. Beary Funny

Beary Funny Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

The ending of the video may be a bit misleading to some people, but there is no actual toontask for finding Fluffy, although he is in game. He's pretty good at hiding, and once he's found, he likes to hide in another building. If you want to find him, I suggest looking around toon buildings as he isn't really a fan of cog buildings.

17. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager

That music was really catchy :dancing minion:

18. Professor Brainiac

I know right? Especially when the horns come in at 1:02
    but even more so at 1:14 :D