1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS The New Toon Laff-o-lympics

Discussion in 'TTR Posts' started by Miniapollo17, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager

Posted by Flippy on August 30, 2017 at 9:00 AM

Hi there, Toontown! I've been cooped up in Toon Hall recently, but not without good reason. The new Toon Species are moving in soon, and I've been seeing to it that they get the warmest welcome that a Toon can give. Read on to hear about how we'll be welcoming these citizens -- Crocodile and Deer Toons are just a few days away!

[​IMG]

Boy, it sure is an exciting time to be President of Toontown. I love welcoming new Toons to town, but it isn't every day that I get to welcome TWO new Toon Species! Last I checked in, the Crocodiles were hopping and bopping to the "Crocodile Rock" while the Deer Toons were so excited that they looked like a Deer in the headlights. I have a feeling that they'll fit in fine!

With all of these new citizens coming to Toontown, we can't just expect to give them an ordinary wave "Hello." What are we, animals? I mean -- you get the point. Instead, I've put together something a lot more interesting: The New Toon Laff-o-lympics!

Our town is full of great gags and loud laughs, which is exactly what the Laff-o-lympics are all about. As soon as the new Toon Species arrive, any new Deer or Crocodile Toon will have until September 30th to race to the highest Laff they can get!

The Laff-o-lympics has three milestones, each with a prize better than the last. The prizes will be given to ALL Deer and Crocodile Toons who reach one of the milestones by September 30th!

• 50 Laff - Receive a bronze medal shirt and a "New Toon Starter Pack" full of jellybeans and ToonFest tokens!
    • 100 Laff - Receive a silver medal shirt and an exclusive SpeedChat phrase to show your glory!
    • 115 Laff - Receive a gold medal shirt, and enter a drawing to win one of three real-world Toontown prize packs with a Toontown poster, drawstring bag, and trading cards! ONE grand prize winner of the drawing will receive a Toontown poster signed by members of the Toontown team.
    Each milestone will receive the previous milestone's rewards in addition to the listed prizes. The medal shirt rewards are not the same as the gold medal shirt given during January's Top Toons contest.

Do you think that's enough to get those Deer and Crocodile Toons excited? Just wait, there's even more to come! Check the Toontown blog tomorrow for another amazing look at Toontown's biggest update yet!

2. featherwolf

featherwolf Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I'll certainly be doing this. It's a great way to help me get back into TTR. Really doubt I'll get anything higher than 50 though, haven't even gotten 115 on my second toon... though an exclusive speedchat phrase might tempt me to do 100. :p

3. mercy

mercy Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

me and a friend are gonna work together and try to speed through tasks and hit 100.
    i know i wont hit 115 but i dont really see the rewards for 115 being worth the effort anyways tbh, the only guaranteed reward is the shirt.

4. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I'll probably try and hit at least 100 with a deer, and as said above there's no way I would be able to hit 115 within a month most likely with work and such.

5. Mighty Crash

Mighty Crash Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I'm gonna try my best with my crocodile Alligator, but it'll be a shocker if I make it past Minnie's :rolleyes:

6. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager

My main is 60-something laff after about 3 years of playing her. I'm still considering doing it but once school starts back up I doubt I'll have any time to play ttr :p

featherwolf likes this.
  7. Megabutter

Megabutter Elite Toon

Friends and I might be making a croc named Prince Manu Nirini. 100 laff should be pretty easy to reach. I'm thinking it should take 1 day to finish TTC; 1 day for DD; 1 day for DG; 3 days for MML; 1 week for TB; 2 weeks for DDL.

Also the rewards remind me of a wizard101 crown shop for some odd reason.

8. Professor Brainiac

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I kinda wanna make a deer toon for this to see how far I get but I don't even think I'll have time...

9. Gregory Mouse

Yeah just thinking of all that would be involved to get 115. Not only all the tasks up to DDL for 100, but also all of sellbot and cashbot laff boosts, cause other ones would be way too slow, but also some extra stuff like the first racing and golf boosts and such. Getting the last 5 would be easy I would imagine, but yeah the thought of doing all tasks along with doing sellbot and cashbot is just way too much to do within a single month. If there was another month added perhaps I could see it happening, but with work and other life things I can't see that all being able to get accomplished within a month without giving up sleep.

10. Megabutter

Megabutter Elite Toon

There will probably be enough people that make it to 115 laff. The problem is that most younger kids won't be able to do it- the ones who would probably want the reward most.

11. Gregory Mouse

Yeah I don't doubt that the basement dweller types that have no other commitments, or those who share one toon and take shifts, would be able to do it. With kids going back to school it's definitely going to be mostly adults with lots of time on their hands and those who coordinate with others and take shifts to get the job done.

Megabutter likes this.
  12. MoonLightRiver

MoonLightRiver Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Is that based off of a boss in Krokotopia? (Prince Manu Nirini)

13. Megabutter

Megabutter Elite Toon

Yes.

MoonLightRiver likes this.
  14. Czarcasm

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

My friend and I have decided we're going too grind crocs together to at least 100, I personally probably couldn't reach 115 as I work and have classes but 100 in a month is doable.

15. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse college student TTR Beta Tester

all you have to do is have 3 people share one account, boom easy win.