1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Toon Rangers

Discussion in 'Groups & Clans Archive' started by Raven, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Zed

Zed Gag Trainer

Toon: Zed
    Training: Lure & Trap
    Team: The Banana Theory

I'd like to train in buildings as my tasks are pretty straight up

[​IMG]

2. Zach4110

Zach4110 Gag Trainer

...And now I'm getting instant crash upon launch. The team says they're working on it though.

3. Raven

Raven Guest

Alright, due to the lack of people, we're just going to make this a training event without competition. The goal is still to have everyone get at least one Gag. :) There's about four people signed up, so I'd say we all meet in Eraser Oasis, Daisy's Gardens. We can pick a buddy, and go off and train with the buddy, and we can do more difficult buildings and/or factories together.

I don't blame anyone for this not working out, it is a small group and it was very last minute. Maybe tomorrow or next week :)

4. Zach4110

Zach4110 Gag Trainer

Then I'll boot into my Windows partition and install TTR, as the OS X version seems to be completely shoddy.

5. Raven

Raven Guest

Alrighty :) It's just me, Mr. Peppy, and Zed here so far. But I know people will probably be late because it was a really last minute event and I posted way later then I intended to.

6. Zach4110

Zach4110 Gag Trainer

I finally got Windows running after a surfeit of driver issues, and now I'm in.

7. Raven

Raven Guest

Okay. We're all kind of spread out, so yeah. But my group is in Eraser Oasis, Daisy Gardens.[DOUBLEPOST=1426895873,1426895416][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay never mind, I have to go xD I'll be back in an hour or so.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Mar 20, 2015
  8. madamoiselle--soleil

madamoiselle--soleil Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Hey, so, I tried signing on at the time of the event, but TTR is down for Mac and well, all of that above. :( Sad day.

9. Nmouse

Nmouse Gag Trainer KTTA

The event was nice hoping their will be more

10. allison

allison Gag Trainer

Toon Name: Salty
    Laff: 41
    Gags and their Levels:
    • throw- fruit pie (lvl 4)
    • squirt- seltzer bottle (lvl 4)
    • toonup- megaphone (lvl 2)
    • lure= five dollar bill (lvl 3)
    Playground you're in: Daisy Gardens
    Goals: to train my gags and advance further w/my tasks
    Activity Rate: 5
    Rank you want to take: student
    Why: I feel like I can benefit a lot from someone mentoring me.

Thank you :)

11. Raven

Raven Guest

Hey, did anyone get a new Gag yesterday? :)

Accepted! Right now, we're having a complication with mentors so as soon as I figure this out, I will appoint you one! Welcome to the Toon Rangers. :)

12. Zach4110

Zach4110 Gag Trainer

I got level 4 Toon-up.

Raven and madamoiselle--soleil like this.
  13. Dusty The Mouse

Dusty The Mouse Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

JOINING/RANK FORM
    Toon Name: Dusty
    Laff:
    Gags & Their Levels:
    TOON-UP-3, LURE-3, TRAP-3, THROW-5, SQUIRT-5,
    Playground you're in: The Brrrgh
    Goals: Max throw/squirt, Level 5 toon-up, lure and trap
    How active are you on a scale of 1-10 (1 being very inactive, 10 being on every day)? 8
    Rank you want to take: Anywhere, but preferably Student (maybe I can mentor lower toons)
    Why: Because I feel like I'm running behind on my gags and doing playgrounds too quickly

14. Nirvana

Nirvana Gag Trainer KTTA TTR Beta Tester

Toon Name: Nirvana
    Laff: 108
    Gags & Their Levels: Maxed throw, squirt, sound and lure. Level six trap, level 5 drop training to get piano.
    Playground you're in: BBHQ tasks
    Goals: To help out, perhaps. I'm already able to work on maxing my gags since I can run two toons.
    How active are you on a scale of 1-10? 9/10
    Rank you want to take: Whatever is needed.
    Why: I am unsure of what you are in need of.

15. Raven

Raven Guest

Hi Toon Rangers! I wanted to clear up some uncertain questions going on. There has been a lot of confusion as far as mentors and seemingly, their duties. What does a mentor do? Do they help people train their Gags? Do they hold people's hands and skip them through the playgrounds joyfully? Do they become Coach Zucchini and start breathing on your neck, watching every move you make?

Let me explain what I meant when I made the rank "Mentor."

To be completely honest, I intended for mentors to yes, help them through TTC to MML, and be their buddy from that point on as far as Tasks and training their Gags. But, most of us have played since TTO, so it can't really be where we're guiding them through an entirely new game.

As students, I meant for it to be so a mentor can be more of their "buddy" to help them with their hard Tasks that need more than 1 Toon, and they can have help training their Gags. Mentor may have been the wrong term, I suppose. I really intended it for mentors to be a buddy to help Toons train and Task. It's really not to teach them about the game and tell them what to do. So when you take the rank "Mentor" please know that I mean for you to be a constant buddy to your student to help them with Tasks and training. If you have any questions, please PM me.

madamoiselle--soleil likes this.
  16. main360

main360 Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Toon Name:Rhomayne
    Laff:55
    Gags & Their Levels: Toon Up - 4, Lure - 3, Throw - 5, Sound - 4, Squirt - 5
    Playground you're in: The Brrrghhh
    Goals:100 laff max in toon up and throw
    How active are you on a scale of 1-10 (1 being very inactive, 10 being on every day)?8

17. Raven

Raven Guest

Praying I get this right. Being sick, I'm totally frazzled

Mr. Peppy, I'm going to buddy you with Zed since you've met him before. If this isn't alright or there's a complication, please PM me.

Nirvana, if it's alright with you, I would like to pair you with Dusty. I feel like you could help him quickly train his Gags and be able to help others as well. :)

Salty, I'm going to buddy you with me. I'm not maxed, but I feel like I can help you out.

Accepted! Your mentor/"buddy" (as I now prefer to call them) will be Arya, because I feel like you can help each other train and task. If either of you ever need help, always feel free to ask one of the higher Laff members.

Thank you for joining the Toon Rangers :)

18. Nirvana

Nirvana Gag Trainer KTTA TTR Beta Tester

Sweet! I'd be happy to help Dusty out :D

19. madamoiselle--soleil

madamoiselle--soleil Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Oooh. Hey @Raven -- think that we could have a chart of mentors & their mentees and everyone's titles in the main thread? Just so everyone can see and if there's a chance where toons want to come together as a group to mentor their mentees as a unit instead of as a pair?

Raven, Zach4110 and Nirvana like this.
  20. Raven

Raven Guest

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! Thank you for the suggestion. :) I'll get to work on that, then edit my first post on this thread to contain the chart. :)

madamoiselle--soleil likes this.
  21. Karatekidd1111

Karatekidd1111 Gag Trainer KTTA

Toon Name:Sir Skippy PumpkinToon
    Laff:51
    Gags & Their Levels:
    Sound 3
    Throw 5
    Squirt 5
    Drop 3
    Playground you're in:MML (Almost to the brrgh)
    Goals:is to have 100 laff train my gags to lvl 6
    How active are you on a scale of 1-10 (1 being very inactive, 10 being on every day)? 7