1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toon Up vs Sound

Discussion in 'Toontown Central' started by Boltflare, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Did you pick toonup or sound first?

1. Toonup

50.3%
  2. Sound

49.7%
  1. Kippy

Kippy Cog Crusher

I pick Toonup first because it takes me forever to train

2. Honoka

Honoka Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

I always pick Toonup first.

3. Whens Dinner

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

I have a question for all of you toons that relates to this topic,

If you were making twins with friends and wanted to max them as quickly as possible, would it be more useful to have
    A) Both with sound
    B) Both with Toonup
    C) One with each

I know that if one of you has each, you can train the gags up rapidly, but how would this affect the speed of things overall? I really doubt both having toonup would be that helpful. Yes you can heal other toons, but if the goal is to get through the districts as fast as possible you could be through MML and have both quickly enough. I am really curious to hear all of your thoughts on this!

4. Justinbk

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

Sound is so darn easy to train up, got mine from the Brrg and got it to max before my toon up my first gag selection could get to tier 6

5. Kirlial

Kirlial Cog Crusher

Yeah, I always go with toon-up first. But I go for sound as soon as it's available later. It takes ages to train up so you need the huge advantage on it for it to be properly effective whereas sound is quickly advanced due to being used so regularly.

Honoka likes this.
  6. Lexyful

Lexyful Elite Toon

Same here! :0

Honoka likes this.
  7. Sultan The Toon

Sultan The Toon Cog Crusher

Thats why I picked sound

8. Fire Beauty

Fire Beauty Gag Trainer

I chose Toon Up for Fire Beauty on growl, but I am going to choose sound on TTRW for my main pig toon on the account. I did have a Toon during my Playtime who was a cat and chose sound, but I am deleting her.

9. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Gag Trainer

I would recommend picking Toonup first unless you're going Toonupless. This is because in the long run, Toonup is much harder to train than Sound. I'm actually going dropless on my TTR Polly Prankpaws, but I initially chose sound because from the start I wasn't sure which route she'd take.

10. Dippy Dingle

Dippy Dingle Gag Trainer

Toon up! I've got a great group (all plans of going soundless) that I constantly tackle tasks, bldgs, factories, etc. with. Just blasting through things with sound didn't appeal to us so learning and picking up strategies along the way is our route.

11. wayfinder

wayfinder Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

I took toon up since it's harder to lv up and i'm in the brrgh and only lv 3 toon

12. Terranort

Terranort Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

I took Toon-Up first because you can't always use Toon-Up whenever you want to. Even though Sound takes alot of points to train, toons are now alot smarter since we got mostly veteran toons. I took Toon-Up first on my bear and I am still only on Makeup while my sound is already at Bugle.

13. hex

hex Cog Crusher

i almost always pick sound first and regret it because its so easy to max, whereas toonup i have such a hard time training

14. Anthony1960

Anthony1960 Elite Toon

Sound is easier to train. Getting sound first will get you to the higher sound gags faster. But Toonup is important as well, so it all comes down to your decision

15. Xirahii

Xirahii Gag Trainer

This is the reason I preferred Toon-Up over sound. XD Besides that, I just got more enjoyment out of supporting people more than I did out of going the Sound route.

16. Samuel

Samuel Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

On my first Toon back in TTO many, many years ago I chose Sound. Now I rotate or choose what "feels right" on that Toon at that moment in time, for example first TTR Toon was Sound, my current one is Toon-Up :)

17. bookboy262

bookboy262 Gag Trainer

sound because foghorn ftw

18. Mint Tea

Mint Tea Cog Crusher

I won't say non-sounders are necessarily rejected. Going past SBHQ, all-sound strategies will still result in you taking hefty damage. You will need a good healer to survive, and that's when you see underlevelled Toon-Up being rejected more often than underlevelled sound. Seriously, being feathered in the Bullion Mint for the 50th time stops becoming funny.

My point is, Sound is a great measure to prevent damage in the first place, but once you hit the Mints you can't expect everyone to pull out a Fog half the time. Support Toons (Toon-Up/Lure) do exist, and while there are camps that reject them for low Sound, they're generally very welcomed when the going gets tough.

19. Persephone

Persephone Gag Trainer

I always pick toon-up. At first I picked it because I wanted to heal other toons in battle. But now that I see toon-up causes problems (people always demanding you heal them after losing 2 laff points out of 50/60/70.) I pick it now for nostalgic reasons.

20. Mewmew

Mewmew Cog Crusher

Toon up first cause it takes forever to train