1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS Toontown Needs YOU!

Discussion in 'TTR Posts' started by Trap, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Trap

Trap Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

Toontown Needs YOU!
    Posted by The TTR Team on February 5, 2017 12:00 PM

Calling all Toons! It's the Toontown Team here, bringing you exciting news from the "Backstage" of the Tooniverse. We've been working hard behind the scenes, and to make this Toontown's biggest year ever we need YOU!

[​IMG]

As you may know, we've been hard at work since November to restructure ourselves with the goal of bringing Toontown Rewritten out of beta this year. This is a task of Toontanic proportions, and if we asked you to join us back in October -- we wouldn't have been able to achieve it.

After many months of organization, reprogramming our tools, and working hard on all of the internal sides of our game (We're not Cogs, are we?), we're on track to make this accomplishment count. We've always had big plans, and we know that you're eager to see them come. Now, with YOUR help, we're ready to make that happen.

Part of our plan over the past few months has been putting together a process for brand new team members to help us make this big move for Toontown. We announced last month that we had brought on 5 new team members, and now we're going to be bringing on even more.

We have officially launched our Team Application Page, which lists all of the positions that we're looking to fill. Game Programmers, 3D Artists, Moderators, Video Editors -- you name it! We're looking for talented Toons like yourself who can become the Toontown Rewritten Team's future.

Our team is far from tiny, but over the years we have kept a fairly steady size. Toontown has grown, however, and it's time for our team to grow too so that we can continue providing you with the most Toontastic experience possible.

What are you waiting for? We've got to get back to work! The future of Toontown depends on YOU!

angel-monkey likes this.
  2. angel-monkey

angel-monkey Guest

i'll think about applying, but that'll delay my progress in the game even more with all the moderating duties...:rolleyes:

3. Lady Wondertoon

Lady Wondertoon Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Thats what I was thinking at first, but I figured why not!:yum:

Trap and angel-monkey like this.
  4. angel-monkey

angel-monkey Guest

you never know unless you try!:p
    now that i think, i don't think i'd like the popularity and crowds...:oops:

5. Professor Brainiac

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I want to apply for composer so badly but idk if I have the time for a full commitment like that :eek:

6. MichaelTheRabbit

MichaelTheRabbit New Toon TTR Beta Tester

I've already applied for mod like 2 hours ago, good luck to anyone else applying for any position!

Trap likes this.
  7. NerdyTea

NerdyTea Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

Went ahead and submitted another application for moderator. I'm in college nowadays, but I think I'll be able to dedicate some time.

Trap and angel-monkey like this.
  8. Mano

Mano Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

Most toons apply for moderator.
    If I were you, I would choose another position lol.

NerdyTea likes this.
  9. Cream Fireball

Cream Fireball Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

I first submitted an application for moderator back in July, but honestly I've long changed my mind since then, so I'm glad they never replied back lol.

10. NerdyTea

The problem is that moderation is something I can do for TTR while doing my college schoolwork and I don't have much to offer in the other positions. I've always wanted to help with TTR and I feel that this is the best I can provide at the moment.

Mano and Enter like this.
  11. Enter

Enter Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Same for me. I'd love to do something harder like Graphics or Texture design but I never had the time and I never made an investment to learn how to design (im art incapable) so hahaha

Mano, Trap and NerdyTea like this.
  12. Trap

Trap Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

Yeah my editing skills are really basic and moderation is easier and much more manageable.

Mano, Enter and NerdyTea like this.
  13. NerdyTea

Exactly! I am going to school for IT, but I haven't even touched my major yet.

But I digress. My little siblings love the game and I love the community that brought it back. I want to do something to help no matter how small.

14. Enter

Enter Moderation Manager Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Best of luck!

Ah that's great! In my opinion even if it's something small it's better than nothing. I think the main concern isn't about how many people apply for that position but rather if you would actually get into the position xD

Trap and NerdyTea like this.
  15. NerdyTea

Very true. I just hope they consider me. But if not, I'm sure I'll find something to contribute.

Trap and Enter like this.
  16. Enter

Perhaps support ticket staff? That's not a bad position either

17. NerdyTea

Another possibility. I'd much prefer to be a mod but I'll send an app in for that as well.

18. Enter

Better safe than sorry. At least you'd have a back-up plan. Though in reality it's highly unlikely you'd get a spot for either but hey at least you're trying ^^

19. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I've done some moderator work in Runescape. It really isn't all that glamorous trust me lol.

angel-monkey likes this.
  20. NerdyTea

I'm not about the glamor (or lack thereof.) I just want to help. =)