1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toontown Online Memory: Old Friends

Discussion in 'Toontown Memories' started by Mousemallow, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    I remember around when I was first playing Toontown, and the first friend I met was this sea green cat named Sheriff Popcorn Crunchywhip. One day we just started hanging out and gifting each other things back and forth, like shirts at first and then wallpaper and stuff next. We would hang out at each other's houses and communicate with whatever sense we could make out of the Speedchat phrases. Then, a while later, I met another toon who was a light blue dog who's name I don't remember(all I know is he had a lump on his head and a small snout and had the word "Doggenburger" in his name) and we became sort of a trio after Sheriff and the dog were introduced, and we all shared a sort of bond.

We worked together in Toontown Central, and would do things such as alert the other two if there was a building or an invasion. At one point me and the dog had a fight because he went into a building without me, but after Sheriff begging me to forgive him(basically repeating "Please!" over and over again with the occasional frowny face and a sorry) and the dog trying to show he was sorry in every way he could, I stopped being a stubborn jerk and we were back in business again.

Unfortunately, at the time with the membership limit(man, they didn't even let you go into the playgrounds), I couldn't follow them into their tasks with Donald's Dock when they reached that area, and our connection started to kind of falter. We would occasionally chat and have short conversations ("Hi!" "How are you doing!" "Toontastic!" "You rock!" etc.) but even that started to kind of go away.

Eventually I got membership in 2006 (and even paid monthly until 2010), but in 2009 Sheriff stopped playing at 59 laff points and I never saw him again aside from us doing one building in Toontown Central and having a conversation with the new Speedchat plus about the good old days(recapping the argument we had that one time and how it was great to finally understand each other much more clearer) a while before, and the dog stopped at 63 in 2008, came on once in 2010(still with speedchat) and said hello and such, and disappeared as well. I kept them both on my friends' list until that account got terminated after logging on to a computer that was apparently IP blocked by Disney(still not sure why to this day, as I never downloaded any hacking software for Toontown or anything really on that computer)

To this day it's still a sort of good memory to think about, and sometimes I wonder if they go on any of the current servers or not or if I'll ever come across them again. Chances are unfortunately very unlikely considering how I don't use the toon name or appearance of old "Orange Cat" anymore, but it'd be nice if it happened.

2. HappyKat
    Daring

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    i feel you i miss plenty of old friends i used to know throughout Toontown Online i still miss my bro Awesome Blue Dog
    amazing man who knows if any of my friends will appear in the long run..

3. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

35%
    Yeah, I'd always imagine it'd be great to see an old friend again in Rewritten.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tinker Bear
    Fine

Tinker Bear Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I had a few great friends in TTO but I have pretty much forgotten their toon names already.. But I do remember few.. There was Banana Split Smoothie, a monkey toon.. A real life couple, Professor Dynostink (a monkey) and Baron (a duck)..

I remember all our maxing runs done with friends only groups and after that arranging parties :D

I have actually run into one toon with whom I used to be friends in TTO but she hasn't been playing TTR for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MissKit&Kiki
    Sunshine

MissKit&Kiki Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I miss connor he was a green bunny. :(
    also miss Judesweet

6. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

35%
    Aw that's cool, I've had similar experiences, a friend I had back in TTO friended me on Rewritten and before it became open we would chat on other sites and such, but she's disappeared from both sites and from Rewritten and hasn't gone on in nine months. It sucks, but maybe she's moved on.

Were those your friends?

7. Dahlia
    Asleep

Dahlia Gag Trainer
    TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I totally empathize with missing old friends! I was on and off TTO through its many phases, and I went through lots of Toons... and I sometimes remember memories of taking down bosses, doing merit runs and just being silly with a few old friends.

(I can't remember a single name though, only what the Toons looked like... but good times.)

8. Sniper_Kitten
    Sleepy

Sniper_Kitten Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Aww. I remember a couple of my old friends who I was lucky to find on Rewritten but like you, I have some other friends who quit playing Toontown Online at one point and I still hope to find them eventually. There's some good memories that I won't forget although I'm worried that if I do find them in Rewritten that they won't remember who I was/am.

9. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

35%
    I did the same on and off stuff, considering how many years that game lasted we definitely had that option. Sounds like you definitely had some fun too, that's pretty cool.

It'd be awesome to find old friends in Rewritten, I think. To catch up on old times and memories, that'd be a blast.

I have that same worry, too. Actually, at the end of Toontown, I ran into some shenanigans again similar to last time landing me in another deletion, except this time I was falsely accused of hacking. I remade Foxy Foo on my other open account and got as far as I could, then I decided to meet up my old friend who was my first true friend and really close to me (he was a lime green bear named Sheriff Nicklebumper). I saw him in the VP, said hello to him and asked him if he remembered me, and he just ignored me.

Hope there'll be some recognition if you do happen to come across your friends again in Rewritten.

• Like Like x 2
  10. spaciia
    Question

spaciia New Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

i had such an amazing abundance of friends in tto. one of them doesn't come on much anymore, though she is on rewritten sometimes, just not all the time. charcat is an amazing person to hang out with, and i just wish she was on more often so that we could relive the good old days.
    and one time, i met a red cat named thiscat ison fyre, on grrr grrr growl. we did everything together, building up our toons all the way to ddl. until one day, he stopped logging on. he was such an amazing guy to hang out with, and it's a bummer that i'll probably never communicate with him again.
    so, i had friends not just in tto, but in other toontown spinoffs. i miss all of them, though, big or small!

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Oct 3, 2016
  11. trixiepoodledoodle
    Amazed

trixiepoodledoodle Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I had a friend on TTO, she was a light blue cat named Princess Candy. We did almost everything together on TTO and her sister would join us too. Before TTO closed, she gave my her animal jam name, but I added her and lost the password to that account. When TTO closed, it was like Disney punched me over and over again. People can't relate if they didn't have a close friend on TTO, they don't understand why we cried when it closed. It really stinks having some internet friends because suddenly that form of contact could disappear and you might never talk to them again.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

35%
    Similar stories, huh? I can totally relate, though. I miss those guys so much.

Agreed. Which is why a lot of people who said "well, it's just a game, why are you all so upset over it?" didn't get it, they failed to realize that we weren't talking to robots on this game, there were other people on the other side of that screen, and after all of the time so many of us spent with our friends like that, it hurts to see them go, a lot of them for good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dizzydiana
    Asleep

dizzydiana New Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

40%
    I miss so many of my old tto friends especially Gail with her legendary black kittens. I did friend a few of them in beta test but like them I quickly gave up with TTR and moved to a different game. A couple of weeks back I was watching this you tuber who does videos of the game I been playing and he posted one with him in TTR. OMG the nostalgia!!! It made me want to try playing again and I just found a few more of my old TTO friends made me so happy to see them around. With me remaking my Little Miss Anna Key they all instantly recognised me and added a toon of mine there and then. Even though I still pay for my other game I'm happy to be on TTR right now.

14. Wittle Whimsy
    Mellow

Wittle Whimsy do you really want emerald bacon tho KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I found my old TTO best friend while randomly spawning in DDL :p

15. Hysterical Max
    No Mood

Hysterical Max Cog Crusher

85%
    Geez i feel like a dunce commenting a thread this old. Anyway I had 3 great friends from TTO, i dont remember their names by heart but i remember thier species laff and gags. One was a chatless bunny (132 laff trapless) a dog that was chatless but had true friend chat enabled (134 laff dropless) and a toonupless horse (128 laff toonupless) we we're all great friends who did everything together. I met the bunny in MML when i was doing the telportation task and he just happened to have the same task as me. I met the dog in a vp he was like 78 laff at the time with maxed gags and i had like maxed drop and squirt around the same time so we added. And i met the tuless horse in a bullion mint and he wasnt following the one fog rule so i added him instantly. Then i quit for 2 years after i hit 137 around the start of 2010. Once i came back i only had 3 friends on my list and it just so happened to be those 3 guys and then we added each other on skype (which was an old skype account of mine before i deleted it for some reason) and we pretty much spent the rest of our time doing whatever we wanted to on TTO until my 137 laffer got terminated for greening

16. angel-monkey
    Worried

angel-monkey soundless supremo KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    i made friends with a bear called super ned months before the game closed. he was just like my bear (tall head, tall body and short legs) but he was green and i was blue. i hope i see him around, he was really nice to progress through the game with.:blush:

17. Zoomdude44

Zoomdude44 Gag Trainer

25%
    I wish there was some way I could contact my old friend dinky gigglefidget. My name was doctor chunky and even though we had limited ways of communication somehow we were able to get even the most difficult points across to each other.

I remember we used to do factories with just 8 trillion of 1 type of gag plus toon up I remember I used lure the whole time when he used trap. We would just duo it over and over again and had flawless strategies.

After a while I didn't see him online anymore and I was devastated, he was my best friend and one of my only friends.

Later on I discovered how to communicate secret friend codes through rugs at a house and started communicating for real with other toons.

Eventually dinky gigglefidget came back online and I tried my best to get across to him what I was doing even as I made the shapes with the rugs he just laughed and said let's go do a factory! But I didn't give up and eventually he did, he deleted me off his friends list and I begged him to add me back, eventually after a few tries he did but then he logged off and I never saw him again.