1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toontown Rewritten vs Club Penguin - which one do YOU think is better?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Johnny Emma Depp, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Johnny Emma Depp

Johnny Emma Depp Gag Trainer

35%
    I really love it how in Club Penguin there are more things to do and go. You can go into the pizza parlor, coffee shop, clothing store, dance club, go to the forest, the lighthouse, etc. And you can actually go inside the buildings and sit down, dance, chat with friends, just hang out. People like to put on little aprons and hold coffee trays and pretend they own coffee shop or the pizza place, so cute. Plus, the graphics are better and you earn money faster.

On TTR you can't do that. You can't sit down on the chair at your estate or lay down on your bed, and I know there are actions out there but they cost a lot of jellybeans. It was seriously a disappointment knowing that I can't sit down lol. All buildings there are the same on the inside - an animal behind a desk ready to give you something to do. I was disappointed when the school building at central wasn't filled with desks, posters, and chalk board so people can actually pretend they're in school. On Club Penguin there are desks and lockers and a lunch room. People sit down, have food fights, the lockers actually open...

Now, what I really love about Toontown (rewritten) is the chat system. The system on CP has become stricter and stricter, on Toontown I can literally chat freely and have good conversations with others. Also there is no membership, thank god. That really makes a difference. Overall Toontown is really fun, I really enjoy it. I also enjoy Club Penguin too. Toontown may be slightly better, in my opinion.

Since TTR isn't owned by a big company (and in beta), of course it will be better but have a few less things to do. What do yall's think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Duke Cricket Boingenzap
    Snobbish

Duke Cricket Boingenzap Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    I loved Club Penguin back in 2008, and I quit around 2010. I decided to visit it back this year and I saw some things that generally disappointed me. The whole system looked like it was trying to be "hip", and it was overall cringe worthy. Not to mention all the people making fun of me because I had no cosmetics. The community in Club Penguin in horrible now, I say worse than the Toontown community. (And that's saying something).

• Like Like x 6
  3. rainbovvsushi
    Fine

rainbovvsushi Cog Crusher

85%
    I prefer TTR. Club Penguin too much "pushes" me to buy membership

• Like Like x 3
  4. Johnny Emma Depp

Johnny Emma Depp Gag Trainer

35%
    true, there is a lot of bullying

5. Lady Smarty
    Cheerful

Lady Smarty Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter

100%
    Toontown was originally owned by Disney. Therefore the devs for toontown rewritten can not charge a subscription for the game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nebula_

Nebula_ Cog Crusher

60%
    TTR wins by a landslide. On CP they restrict almost everything for membership. Including the higher levels of the games and certain places when they have a special theme going for a month. Agreeing with above, they almost push you to have membership. Even I have seen that some Puffles you can't even buy now w/o membership. I remember back in 2008 or 2010 you could buy any puffle you want and play as many levels of the games. They even locked SodaSeas level on the Iceberg diving game, which really irked me. It's not that fun without membership unless you can make friends and chat, however the community isn't what it was before; the chat has gotten much more restricted because people would say nasty and Innapropriate things and get banned. Players are more "stuck-up" because they have membership to wear the fancy outfits and cosmetics whilst many don't. Even though the TTR community isn't that great either, but at least you don't need membership. But I can't believe they closed TTO, POTC and Pixies Online just to focus on CP, when CP has become so cringeworthy and the graphics are outdated along with TTO and Pirates. They should have closed all their virtual online games to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Club Penguin I seemed to love around the time I first met Toontown, which was 200-7-8-9 <One of those) But I quit also. I came back a few months ago, and it seemed really boring to me. You literally cannot do anything fun at all without purchasing membership. And boy did Disney try to get you to buy membership. This made me dislike the game, and see how greedy Disney can be at some points. I'm sorry, you have to purchase membership to -buy, play, or basically do anything-.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Puzzler
    Devilish

Puzzler Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    What even is this. TTR by far. Oh sure, I used to love CP in its earlier years (2007-2009) but then Disney started to ruin it. "MEMBERSHIP THIS MEMBERSHIP THAT" is basically what it is now. In fact, last time I went on, they even went ahead and added some bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Draagonblitz
    Yeehaw

Draagonblitz Cog Crusher

60%
    Obvious choice there.
    Disney has always made subscription based MMOs which offer extremely little to non-subscribers. Now that TT is in the hands of private servers, I can experience the whole of it freely.

I basically played CP for about 10 minutes before I ran out of stuff to do. Ironically, getting a membership wouldn't help that at all. :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Freezeflame
    Amused

Freezeflame Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    How can you even say you LIKE club penguin... Eugh e_E

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. wingsofdawn
    Cloud_9

wingsofdawn Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I used to like club penguin a lot. When I was younger, it was so fun to play, with cool parties and memorable activities. I always looked forward to the weekends to play club penguin (as I wasn't allowed to go on the computer during weekdays). However, I got in some trouble with my mom, and so she took away my chat :( . It was kind of pointless to play without chat (unlike toontown, in which speedchat plus can be useful, but is not completely necessary), so I quit.

So, a while back, when I started getting back into PC gaming, I remembered Club penguin, and how fun it was. I decided to make an account to see how it was holding up. Oh boy. I joined during a party, the fair party, which seemed fun, UNTIL YOU REALIZE EVERYTHING WAS FOR MEMBERS. Seriously, it has gotten BAD. Want some more clothes? MEMBERSHIP! Want to play another level of a game? MEMBERSHIP! In the party, even rides were reserved for members. Yeah, THE RIDES. It was so bad, I completely quit and never came back.

Also, we have a problem of incredibly rude people discriminating others, just because they wouldn't cough up their hard earned cash for a pointless membership. In Toontown Online, there was a membership, however, people weren't abnoxiously rude to people who wouldn't pay for membership. And what do you get for buying a membership? In Toontown, you got hours upon hours of new gameplay, while in Club Penguin, you get clothes, get to play new games, pets, member rooms, and that's about it. Nothing else. Actually, that was pretty much the game.

To make matters worse, the game keeps recycling items from the past. One rare thing gets given out for free for members. Maybe it's because the new clothes look TERRIBLE (so baggy with ugly sprites. I kid you not, I have bought clothes that looked decent enough, but have been disappointed to see how UGLY they were on my penguin) Anyways, since there isn't much to do, most of the time, people roleplay. Yes, roleplay.

Imagine the district of Vibrant Valley. Now imagine every crowded server being like Vibrant Valley, packed with even more people, and spread across different rooms. Yup, that's what the game looks like.

Sure, parties and roleplaying can be fun, but when that's the only thing worth doing, then you have a problem with your game. Then I remembered: as a little kid, I got bored at times as well! Then look at toontown (which is now rewritten): Hours upon hours of gameplay, with people who don't just want money, and actually care about the state of the game. Instead of tto, where almost no new content was added, I KNOW that the game WILL have new bosses, new playgrounds, and a bunch of other new stuff. Plus, its free.

Club penguin doesn't have that much going for it. They now have "Takeovers", which is just Disney advertising a movie or product for more money. All Disney cares about is money. They make so many people mad, and just about everyone blames it on Spike Hike, the new manager of CP. While not everything is his fault, he is making some bad mistakes (like CP Next, getting rid of all servers, replacing them with different versions of rooms, why not just delete some servers?). And finally, the community. The many of you may say that the toontown community is bad, but have you seen the Club Penguin community? UGH. It makes the toontown community look like civilized people! Always complaining. Always rude. Always putting away other user groups. It's a mess.

Some of you say it has better graphics, and yes, I will agree. But Toontown IS being retexturized, and if graphics showed how good a game was, then games like Minecraft would be bad games. Its more about the content that matters.

Now I probably have written way too much, so I will leave it at that. However, if you like CP, that's OK! I was just sharing my opinion on things. :)

Edit: Cleaned up this post... My old posts were so cringy D:. Also, auto correct messed up so many words on here. I am sorry for such a terrible post :p.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Tailgate
    Busy

Tailgate Cog Crusher

35%
    The problem about this thread is that your comparing a virtual world to a MMORPG. Virtual worlds are more for chatting and making friends and just generally just not doing anything outside of socialization and getting money to buy things. MMORPGS are made more for actual people who want to play a video game instead of just chat. Both are for children but the TT community tends to have alot older and intelligent people (well at least the people I talk too). Toontown also is a cooperative, social game, so you can easily make friends by helping each other out.

So obviously I'd pick Toontown. Because its both a video game and a social friendly community. Anyways, I stopped playing CP and virtual worlds all together in 2010.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nony
    Cheerful

Nony Elite Toon

100%
    But if they closed all of them, then they wouldn't make any money. That's the only reason they kept CP open and push so hard for membership. It's all about the money these days.

I agree with you. TTR wins by a landslide. I doubt anyone from the CP community would remake it if it closed.

14. Lee19
    Sunshine

Lee19 Elite Toon

100%
    I would probably choose Toontown over Club Penguin, just for the different experiences I had on both. I enjoyed all the many places to go on Club Penguin, but the variety of animals, tasks and other features on Toontown was more interesting for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wingsofdawn
    Cloud_9

wingsofdawn Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    There are private servers though for club penguin. Although Disney is pretty ticked by them... Thank goodness not with toontowns!

16. Nony
    Cheerful

Nony Elite Toon

100%
    Yes, because the private CP servers are stealing away paying customers. Since TTO is no more, TTR isn't doing that.

17. Miniapollo17
    Nerdy

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    Well of course everyone's gonna say TTR since you're on a forum for TTR :p

I played Club Penguin for a day when I was younger, and hated it telling me I had to pay for nearly everything in CP.

18. Star Platinum
    Artistic

Star Platinum Gag Trainer

35%
    WHY IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION?

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Catcat
    Question

Catcat UGH, B O R I N G ! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I really cant choose, both were my childhoods.
    Im gonna have to go with TTR because you dont have to pay.

20. Skimpy Dynogoose
    Snobbish

Skimpy Dynogoose Elite Toon KTTA

100%
    Hmm, play toontown, a game with advancement, story, and battle mechanics

Or club penguin, a click-fest with clothes and mini games?

TTR

Most of us hate club penguin because Disney shut down toontown, our game, to focus on club penguin. So if you want a fair vote on which is better,

Waddle away.