1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toontown Rewritten vs Club Penguin - which one do YOU think is better?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Johnny Emma Depp, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Catcat
    Gloomy

Catcat Villain Number One TTR Beta Tester

100%
    And annoying yellow babies nicknamed "Pookies"

2. Satorus

Satorus Guest

Club penguin is just that game you play and have no idea what's going on for fun

3. Professor Brainiac
    Cheerful

Professor Brainiac Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    TTR. Hands down. No contest.

4. txdanc3r

txdanc3r Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

35%
    I played CP probably when I was about 10 or so and I believe it was before Disney bought (and ruined) it. It was alright back then. There wasn't much to do besides play games and those few games I played got old quickly. Other than that, there was really nothing else to do unless you had a membership and I, even at 10ish years old, knew that CP was not worth a membership. I also played TTO and imo, TTO/TTR is and always has been better than CP. Sure you may not be able to sit or go in shops and such, but that's not really what makes a game. Who cares if I can't sit down in a chair? I can fight cogs and level up. That's what a game is to me. It has a goal. (I do understand that not all games have goals such as one of my favorite game series: The Sims- but my point still stands.)
    And I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this because it is my own personal opinion, but even when I was 10 I still thought CP was one of the worst games I'd ever played. It couldn't keep my attention even as a child, so as an adult, it sure can't keep my attention now.
    Since Disney bought CP, it's gotten worse mostly because they reeeeally try to get you to buy a membership. They didn't even do it that much with TTO (maybe that's why it failed?). Why buy a membership just for virtual clothes and whatever else you get with it? Where's the fun in that? What are you supposed to do with the game other than waddle around and play some games? I just honestly don't see the appeal in it and to be quite honest, I'm a little bitter about it since this is the game TTO closed over.

5. Super Oscar Zippengloop
    Bored

Super Oscar Zippengloop Gag Trainer

60%
    I used to like Club Penguin until my membership expired and when I got banned for playing TTR or roleplaying as freddy fazbear in CP. Now it's just some garbage. I like TTR better.
    CP=Click-Fest
    TTR=Less Clicking
    Also Disney says this: "We only care about CP private servers and shutting them down."

6. southernbelle
    Bored

southernbelle Elite Toon

100%
    Personally I don't hate CP. I dislike it because I think the game is stupid and you can't do anything. But I don't think TTO closed for it because it is CP. TTO was more work than a simple browser game is, and CP just happened to be the most popular, with probably the same or more memberships than TTO. Keeping CP meant keeping the most money. They're a company, they don't care that some people lost 6 years of work on a 136 laff toon or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Skimpy Dynogoose
    Snobbish

Skimpy Dynogoose Elite Toon KTTA

100%
    No, I mean they said they were closing down toontown to focus on club penguin

8. Weasel
    No Mood

Weasel Gag Trainer

60%
    I'd pick Toontown. I remember my good days on Club Penguin when I loved playing it. I even bought two memberships for it. I wanted to play TTO at the time, but I couldn't because it wanted a admin password (which I didn't know at the time). Over time, Club Penguin has becoming less playable for me as Disney has been making changes I didn't like, so I quit (I did play private servers though). My dislike for CP increased when I found out Toontown was closing because I thought it would be a better decision to keep Toontown instead of CP.

Finally in September of last year, I got to play the game for the first time. I found my experience 100x times better than Club Penguin. I loved playing games on the trolley and having cog battles with others (Loved the cog battle music). Therefore, Toontown is the better game. So sad to see that Club Penguin still exists to this day.

9. Rosa
    Inspired

Rosa Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I'll have to go with TTR.

I honestly tried Club Penguin one time and thought it was the most boring game I've ever played. Literally, they closed three other online games because they wanted to focus on the one I would say was the least popular? That's ridicules, even without membership all three of the games were really fun.

10. QueenToon
    Cloud_9

QueenToon New Toon

40%
    Club penguin is just like 'pay to win'. If you don't pay, you can't do certain things. Toontown all the way

11. Miniapollo17
    Innocent

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    Its more like 'pay to do anything' in club penguin.

12. Duck Tape
    Cynical

Duck Tape Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    In real life, you can buy a video game for about 40 bucks.

In club penguin, you have to pay the same amount just for a box of crackers.

13. Faithful
    Artistic

Faithful Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Toontown all the way. You can't actually do a single thing in Club Penguin without paying for a membership. I find that pretty sad to be perfectly honest. Not only that, buy you need to pay for a game that you get bored of in a couple minutes.

14. Sheriff Max Dizzydoodle
    Fine

Sheriff Max Dizzydoodle Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I haven't played Club Penguin so I wouldn't know. I feel like TTO vs Club Penguin would be a better comparison though since the 2 main reasons people would pick TTR is that it is free and that it isn't Disney owned XD. Club Penguin isn't particularly interesting for me but I see how people derive fun from it. So I don't mind Club Penguin. I respect Disney's decision on closing the other MMOs for club penguin because in the end, it was best for the company. We wouldn't want the section that makes those MMOs to go bankrupt now would we? But yeah, TTO vs Club Penguin would be much more fair since it's the same developers and there won't be a "free vs pay" advantage.

15. Corinne
    Spaced

Corinne Gag Trainer KTTA

60%
    Back in 06, 07, I played Club penguin for about three months (with membership) before stumbling across Toontown. I remember being so frustrated when my membership ended that I didn't get to keep what I bought so basically when my membership ended, that was it for me. Personally, I think Toontown is 100x better than Club penguin even though they're completely different games.

16. augustus
    Lonely

augustus Elite Toon KTTA

100%
    you dont even have to ask ttr is better

17. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    I vote Toontown Rewritten; I tried Club Penguin and it just seems boring. Lol.

18. Domino Mouse
    Snobbish

Domino Mouse Blue Bear's Pet Mouse
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Why would you wanna sit down when you can be out battling cogs? :confused:

19. Professor Brainiac
    Cheerful

Professor Brainiac Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    "Club Penguin is better!" said no one. Ever.

TTR all the way! I used to play Club Penguin, but I got bored after a day.

20. affiniteas
    Tired

affiniteas Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    TTR because in CP all you can do really is play with your fuzzy (can't remember the real name for those carpet animals) and dress up which really only is accessible if you buy a membership. I played CP for an hour before I got bored and never played again. Since I bought a membership already (dumb 6th grade me), I gave the account to my younger cousin whose parents don't believe in buying subscriptions for online games.:confused: