1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trapless Toon or Dropless Toon?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Blasterdisaster, Jan 2, 2020.

?

Would you rather be a trapless or dropless toon?

1. Trapless

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  2. Dropless

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Blasterdisaster

Blasterdisaster New Toon

Personally I'd be trapless, but you can be dropless

2. Miniapollo17

Miniapollo17 Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator

I like the concept of drop's gags better, plus growing up I played my mom's high-laff toon which was trapless so i usually go trapless just for the familiarity

Whisker Loopy Writer likes this.
  3. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Trapless is much more superior to dropless since drop can be used in much more situations especially with sound. Let's just say if you've played trapless and made a dropless you'll definitely feel the sting not being able to use drop.

Trap likes this.
  4. Commander Saturn

Commander Saturn Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

After witnessing different scenarios, they are actually equally as good. I'm trapless and there are times I wish I was dropless or TUless instead.

Trap works brilliantly with lure combinations, improves lure accuracy, and can act as stun. If you have lure, organic throw, and TNT, you'd be a triple-edged sword in DA offices and the CEO.

Drop works brilliantly with just about any gag (except lure), and is a key component in taking out level 11 and 12 cogs and v2.0 cogs. Organic drop is also extremely beneficial when dealing with level 8s and a single level 12 (but that's a very specific case).

Honestly IMO tho, I would go TUless.

Trap likes this.
  5. Gregory Mouse

Gregory Mouse Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Da offices are probably one of the few cases where dropless can really shine, especially since trap can be heavily used with the second set, or even the first set if there's a soundless in the group. Trap's inability to stack though and not being able to really use it with sound does hinder it a bit in boss battles, especially in the CEO with the 2.0s where stacking gags can provide great carryover damage, especially drop where a hose and 2 pianos can effectively take out a full 2.0 12 cog with ease. Honestly though having both trap and drop does help make your toon into quite a powerful one, especially if there's others that have either tu and lure depending on if you go tuless or lureless, though I feel for the most balanced toon trapless definitely hits that bill the most.

Trap likes this.
  6. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse college student TTR Beta Tester

trapless is better but in a game like this it won't actually matter
    there's a single facility that i'd safely say trap is used more than drop and that's offices
    bosses? the first three have so few cogs it's no contest, most likely will use sound and still have at least 3 fogs among everyone before it's over. drop is used more in ceos imo, even if you don't know carryover very basic 1 turn 12 2.0 combos involve 3 cakes and a lure or two pianos (if i remember correctly)
    facilities? don't need to mention facts, should be able to sound your way through bulls (guess trap might be better if you run out or 95% accuracy somehow misses so much) and drop is better than trap on carryover.
    trap needs a better carrying capacity by far, and tnt and trapdoors damage need to be buffed, in trapdoors case to actually be useful.

if we're going to talk organics, both are equally situational, though more gags in drops case can be paired with other organics.
    with trap, you have railroad (yeah yeah trapdoor can hit 7s but in late-game you'll rarely see 7s
    drop, organic piano and anything above 13 damage kills 12s. (aoogah, org squirtgun, seltzer, etc) organic safe and organic throw on a lured ten will kill it (exact) etc
    not really worth giving up throw for, but eh

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  7. Duck Tape

Duck Tape Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

carry capacity doesn't need to be buffed tbh.

just simply buffing the damage for trap gags so they can combo better with other gags and won't be so easily replaceable with throw/squirt/drop would be enough.