1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trust II (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Plotted Roleplays' started by Ishud B. Workin, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Ishud B. Workin

Ishud B. Workin Hall of Fame Hall of Fame TTR Alpha Tester

Who can you trust?

I promised I would start this again last year so this is kind late, but here it is. Last time, I had problems with the thread being moved to the RP section on TTC which caused most of my players to stop posting and the game eventually died. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and I got incredibly positive responses from everyone. This made me want to rework this and make an improved sequel with better mechanics after the initial “test run”. I'm hoping since this forum doesn't have such a bizarre method of accessing the RP subforum this will be much more visible and make more people sign up.

So here it is, the (long awaited?) sequel to Trust.

Let's start off with the setting. You are invited along with a group of toons (I will take more than 12 this time, as many as sign up) to a party inside a wealthy toon's house - whose name is suspiciously missing from the invitation. You arrive to the party and everything seems normal, until your host (who still remains anonymous) delivers shocking news. Someone in the room is a cog, disguised as a toon. He also states that every day, a single pie will be hidden somewhere in the mansion. Every night, a clue will be placed in the dining room for all to see. The clue will reveal the location of the pie. This pie is to be used against the cog, or whomever is suspected of being a cog. If the person who was pied is the cog, it will obviously explode. If it isn't, however, the toon hit by the pie will immediately be taken out of the competition. Those still remaining once the cog is exposed will be given a price of 10,000 jellybeans to be split equally amongst the winners. You can, however, purposefully pie other toons so that there will be less people to share jellybeans with. If, in the end there is only the cog and one toon, the cog wins and no one gets the jellybeans.

As you can see, the essence of the game is based in trust... who do you trust, if anyone? As far as you know, everyone is out to get you. Maybe your host is lying and there is more than one cog. Or maybe there are none, and he just wants to see you all turn against each other. I advise you to make alliances, but there is always the possibility that one of your allies turns out to be the cog. After all, the cog doesn't want to be found. You should decide who to trust at the very beginning and hope you're not making a mistake. After all, trusting no one also means there being no one to defend you if you're accused of being the cog and no one to help you decipher the clues that will lead you to the cake. You do want to get it before anyone else does, right? Remember, the pie is available for anyone who finds it to grab... first come, first serve. Or, you can discuss with the whole group/your allies who you believe to be the cog and pie him/her... but can you trust the others to wait and talk things over?

... should you even trust these tips? Who's to say I'm not out to get you too?

The party takes place in a huge mansion with a dozen rooms, each with its own walk-in closet and private bathroom. There is a living room big enough to hold 6 people, and a dining room with enough seating for everyone. The rest of the house is off-limits. The front door as well as every window is locked and the only way anyone's getting out is either by being eliminated or winning. The house has one odd trait however; the acoustics are such that anything spoken in the private rooms cannot be overheard while anything spoken in both the living room and dining room can be heard anywhere in the house.

Every night, clues as to both the location of the pie will be placed in the dining room table, and individual clues as to the identity of the cog will be sent to each player individually.

Finally, here's some info you need if you're interested and want to join:

Anything goes.

Seriously.

...okay, there is one rule: the cog can't pie anyone.

This is how it's going to work: I'll post a chapter every time a game day begins, and you're the ones who are going to be writing the rest of the story. Your are free to talk to whoever you want and do pretty much whatever you want... but some things you may want to keep secret. I encourage you to PM other contestants or meet in the IRC to discuss things... that's up to you. Posting basically means your toon is either in the living room or the dining room and is fine with everyone hearing.

The second after I post you are free to do what you want, talk to who you want, and, if you've found it, use the pie against who you want (if the pie is still there, of course). There is no place to hide if you're about to get pied; the house might be big but due to its layout it's relatively easy to find anyone you're looking for. If someone posts saying they're pieing you, that's it. After someone has been pied, you are free to discuss plans with other toons until my next post, which signals the start of a new day and a new clue being set to every player.

New days will generally begin every Saturday at midnight, EST, but if for some reason I can't post at that time, I'll try to give some warning in advance.

Name:
    Color:
    Appearance:

Please be as detailed as possible. Many clues as to the identity of the cog will be determined by appearance so the more you write the more vague my clues can be.
    Name: Chimney Sweep
    Species: Cat
    Color: Black
    Appearance: White plain shirt and purple shorts
    Name: Princess Rosie
    Species: Rabbit
    Color: Pink
    Appearance: Blue and white checkered shirt with a red scarf and a blue skirt.
    Name: Doctor Bunky Frinkeldorf
    Color: Orange head, arms and legs.
    Appearance: Normal cat head, tall body, short legs. He wears an orange and red t-shirt with blue shorts.
    Name: Melody
    Color: Maroon
    Appearance: Wide rabbit head with long ears, short body, and medium legs. Plain white shirt, rainbow skirt, and a sombrero.
    Name: Fastfestival
    Color: Bright red head, pale red body, bright red legs
    Appearance: My profile picture.
    Name: Daffodil
    Species: Dog
    Color: Full yellow
    Appearance: Short, Purple hypno goggles shirt, grey skirt, and yellow bow
    Name:Sleep Paralysis
    Color: Dark Blue Cat
    Look: Wears a black and blue striped shirt with blue shorts with the belt.

As you can see, the game isn't really that complex... it's mostly a social experiment and as such I want to give you as much freedom as possible to allow this to develop as it would in a real world setting. My posts will be mostly to give a very broad sense of direction and set the events in motion, but the real story is determined by everyone’s individual actions as the game moves along.

I’m still not sure if this’ll work. The problem with having such an open-ended story determined by the individual players rather than me, despite offering a very interesting number of possibilities, also means it’s not up to me if this works or not.

That's it for now. Full details will be included once the story starts but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. Chimney Sweep

Chimney Sweep Hall of Fame Hall of Fame TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

Name: Chimney Sweep
    Color: Black
    Appearance: White plain shirt and purple shorts

3. xXAlishaXx

xXAlishaXx Cog Crusher TTR Alpha Tester

This seems really interesting. I'm not sure if I want to join though mainly because of my fear of messing things up. I'll definitely watch though.

4. Rosiegirl63677

Rosiegirl63677 Gag Trainer

Name: Princess Rosie
    Color: Pink
    Appearance: Blue and white checkered shirt with a red scarf and a blue skirt.

5. Name: Fastfestival
    Color: Bright red head, pale red body, bright red legs
    Appearance: My profile picture.

Name: Ace
    Color: Completely blue
    Appearance: Regular cat head, medium body, short legs, toon-o-saur shirt and shorts, royal-blue cap, orange backpack, green sneakers

Name: Flandre Scarlet
    Color: Yellow head, bright red body, aqua legs
    Appearance: Regular cat head, medium body, short legs, clothes, accessories and wings as in this picture (wings enable her to fly)
    [​IMG]

6. Dr_Bunky

Dr_Bunky Gag Trainer

Name: Doctor Bunky Frinkeldorf
    Color: Orange head, arms and legs.
    Appearance: Normal cat head, tall body, short legs. He wears an orange and red t-shirt with blue shorts.

7. KendallBunny

KendallBunny Cog Crusher

Name: Melody
    Color: Maroon
    Appearance: Wide rabbit head with long ears, short body, and medium legs. Plain white shirt, rainbow skirt, and a sombrero.

8. Ishud B. Workin

Forgot to mention, only one signup per person. Sorry.

9. Oh. I'll go with Fast.

10. Ishud B. Workin

Everyone up to this point has been added to the signup list.

11. When do we start?

12. Ishud B. Workin

I want to have at least 12 people before I set a deadline for signups, but it'll probably be sometime next week even if I don't reach that number.

13. DaffyBud

DaffyBud Gag Trainer

Name: Daffodil
    Species: Dog
    Color: Full yellow
    Appearance: Short, Purple hypno goggles shirt, grey skirt, and yellow bow

14. Ishud B. Workin

6 signups so far :)

15. Freeze

Freeze Cog Crusher

Name:Sleep Paralysis
    Color: Dark Blue Cat
    Look: Wears a black and blue striped shirt with blue shorts with the belt.

16. Ishud B. Workin

Added you! That makes 7 signups. If you're thinking of signing up I would suggest you do it soon as the game will very likely start in a few days.[DOUBLEPOST=1384373826,1384056894][/DOUBLEPOST]Signups will be closing on Friday! Be sure to send in yours before then if you want to be in the game![DOUBLEPOST=1384568287][/DOUBLEPOST]Signups are now closed. I will PM players the introductory letter as well as post the prologue in the next few days.[DOUBLEPOST=1384797773][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a hint: you can share your clues with other players, they each get slightly different clues and comparing them will make them easier to solve.

17. DemToons

DemToons Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

Will you ever start this again for Trust III?

18. NoobyDBL

NoobyDBL Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

I will! after my computer dies, then charges, then I sleep, then I have time to post again! (even though you posted that in december)

19. DemToons

DemToons Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

Good, Oh and also i even make a Kinda Sequel to this called Trouble In The Mansion. There were only like 3-4 toons but it was fun :3