1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trust II

Discussion in 'Plotted Roleplays' started by Ishud B. Workin, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Ishud B. Workin

Ishud B. Workin Hall of Fame Hall of Fame TTR Alpha Tester

Who can you trust?
    Welcome, everyone, to Trust. This is a game about not knowing who to trust, hence its name. One of the people in your group is a cog, and you must find out who it is before you all end up eliminating one another... if only one person and the cog remain, it's game over for everyone. There are 10,000 jellybeans at stake, all of which will be split evenly amongst the winners. There must be five or less winners, otherwise no one will receive a single jellybean.

So what exactly is Trust, then? The above states the plot in a nutshell however the essence of the game is a sociological roleplay. The mansion the game takes place in is essentially anarchic in the sense that there is no one to regulate character's actions. If someone wants to be a jerk and eliminate everyone to get 5,000 jellybeans (which is the highest amount any single person can win), he can, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I will try to interfere with the game as little as I can except when someone tries to do which clearly wouldn't be possible (e.g. if you say your character goes outside the house, buys a dozen pies and hits everyone to get the money only for himself, I'll step in).

Setting (also serves as the prologue)
    Sigh. You scratch your head impatiently as you sit inside the limo that is taking you towards the mansion. You reach into your pocket and read the invitation for the millionth time for lack of anything better to do. At the front of it, in big golden cursive letters is your name engraved into the paper itself. You trace your finger over it and feel the depressions in the paper where the letters are. Despite having done this dozens of times, you still feel the same amazement you did when you saw the invitation for the first time. Whoever designed them definitely spared no expense. Opening the invitation reveals more of the same handiwork, with the same golden letters displaying a single address and a date. These letters, however, are not carved into the paper, but it is obvious they were painstakingly drawn by hand, which is just as impressive.

At first, you had been unsure on what to do, but after some meditation, you come to the conclusion that someone taking the time and money to make such a beautiful, personalized invitation couldn't have anything but good intentions. After all, you're not the richest of toons and whomever sent this invitation obviously is. Maybe he's hoping to make you a business offer, or he's a long-lost relative looking for someone to inherit his millions. Hey, a toon can dream, right?

In the end, you decided to wait at the specified address and, right on time, a limousine parks in front of you. The windows are as black as the darkest night, making it impossible for you to discern who is driving. You take a few steps towards it and watch as the door opens by itself. Hesitantly, you step inside and the door closes. You sit on a leather couch, which feels more comfortable than your own bed and the limo begins driving.

That was four hours ago.

A huge mansion looms over the horizon, and you assume it's your destination. You find it strange, however, that such an ostentatious looking mansion would be hidden so far away from all civilization. The mansion is surrounded by acre after acre of carefully trimmed hedges and perfectly mowed lawn. You whistle in admiration. It must take dozens of gardeners to maintain such a big backyard - if it can even be called that - in such perfect condition. As the vehicle comes to a stop in front of the mansion's main doors, the door opens by itself once more and you step outside, walking towards the mansion. You stand in front of the front door, an intricately carved wooden door, and ring the doorbell once. A loud, heavy bell chimes several times, the obnoxiously loud melody echoing throughout the front porch.

The doors slowly open (such a door can't be easy to open, you muse to yourself) and you are greeted by a black cat dressed so formally that even a cog would find it exaggerated. He's wearing a red bow-tie over a white, formal shirt which is carefully tucked into formal black pants. He also has a black suit and a big, top hat. His long, black cape almost touches the ground, and it ominously floats around from the outside breeze. The name Bela Lugosi comes to mind, but you quickly push the thought from your mind to avoid laughing in front of him. After all, he's likely to be your host, or at the very least his butler.

"Ah," the cat says in an almost ghostly whisper. "We've been expecting you."

Before you have any chance to ask who 'we' is, you're pulled inside by the cat, who leads you through the impressive looking mansion into a dining room big enough to sit at least a dozen people. The floor is made of fine, polished wood, the walls a plain white adorned with priceless works of art, from paintings to tapestries. The ceiling, dozens of meters above you, has the most beautiful fresco you have ever seen in your life, and it depicts the mansion as seen from outside. Several toons are already there, and you begin to suspect this might be a dinner party. You all wait in awkward silence for the rest of the party to arrive while several cooks and waiters bring plate after plate of the most delicious looking food (each plate somehow managing to look more delicious than the one before it) to the table, a majestic oak table just as exaggeratedly adorned as everything else in this house.

As the last toon arrives, your host stands up and begins to speak in a much friendlier - yet still ominous - tone of voice than the one he greeted you with. "Great, it seems we're all here. I have some business I wish to discuss with all of you; but, please, eat. I hope you'll find the food to your liking, my cooks spent all day preparing this magnificent feast."

You start out by serving yourself a bowl of soup. As you grab a spoonful, your mouth is invaded by a variety of different flavors. It's the best thing you've ever tasted. You quickly gobble down the soup and grab another plate, this time roasted chicken and rice. It's even better than the last one. Every meal you eat is somehow better than the last one, culminating with a big slice of cake, it's sublime sweetness making it the best cake you've eaten in your entire life.

After the amazing meal, your host (who hasn't eaten a single thing) stands up once more. "I can tell by your expressions that you’ve all enjoyed the meal." He smiles, and murmurs of polite approval echo throughout the room. "Now, with that out of the way, I'll begin discussing the nature of our gathering here. As you can tell, I'm rich. I'm very, very rich.” He doesn’t say this with even a hint of arrogance, but rather very manner-of-fact-ly. “Let's just say I started a business which quickly grew, and now I have more jellybeans than I could ever count. This comes at the disadvantage, however, that life gets monotonous very easily. I have numerous toons who will do my bidding and life has lost all its excitement." He sighs. "Well, after pondering on the subject for countless weeks, I've come up with a contest, and you're all going to participate, whether you like it or not."

You raise your eyebrow, and you notice everyone else seems to have a puzzled, frightened look on their face. This doesn't sound good at all.

"Now, now. No need to panic. I can assure you that not a single one of you is in danger. All this fear mongering arising from the rumors that Toontown closing has everyone in a panic, understandably, but you have my word. Bluntly put, one of the toons amongst you... is a cog." He pauses dramatically, and everyone, including yourself, looks alarmingly at the toons besides him. Your host begins chuckling. "It is your job to discover who this cog is. How?" He snaps his finger, and one of the butlers brings out a single cream pie. "Simple. Cogs hate pies, everyone knows that. So, hit the cog with a pie, and logically it will explode. You shall receive hints as to the identity of the cog every day, and a pie will be hidden somewhere in the mansion every day at midnight. If you hit the wrong toon, however, he will be permanently eliminated from the contest. Those who remain once the cog's identity is revealed will have a price consisting of ten THOUSAND," he emphasizes this word, "jellybeans split evenly amongst each other. If, however, only the cog and one toon remain, the cog wins and no one receives anything. Also, if there are three or more winners, no one receives anything either." He points to a door behind him. "That's the living room. You are free to discuss plans with each other in both the living room and here, the dining room. This house has a very particular acoustic characteristic, however. Anything said in any of those two rooms can be heard anywhere in the entire mansion. You each also have an assigned room, which you'll be led into by one of my butlers in just an instant. Anything said in any of your rooms cannot be overheard anywhere, so use that to plot with your allies - if you choose to have any, of course. You are free to wander around but cannot go outside. Any attempts to escape will be punished. One hint of advice I'll give you: trust no one. Now, if you'll be so kind as to follow one of my butlers to your room, please. All your belongings are there already. The contest will begin once the clock ticks midnight tonight. For now, go to your rooms and relax... or feel free to wander around. It's up to you." Without another word, the cat walks towards main door. He opens it but pauses. "How foolish of me, I nearly forgot. There is one other door in the living room. It leads to the rest of the mansion. You are not allowed to go through it. If you do, being eliminated from the competition will be the least of your worries. Have fun!"

The cat closes the door behind him and you're led to your room by a butler. Your room is small, consisting of a single bed, a small couch besides a small coffee table, an empty bookshelf and an old-looking grandfather clock. It has wooden floor and white walls, with a single window giving a grand view of the garden outside. A door next to your bed leads to a walk-in closet, where all of your clothes and accessories have been neatly laid out in shelves. Of course, this being Toontown everyone wears the exact same clothes every day but it's always nice to change into a fresh set of them. Another door leads to a small bathroom with marble floor and a large tub.

You walk back into your room and notice a small envelope with your name on it. Inside, a folded sheet of paper details the rules. Your attention turns to the clock in your room as it chimes eight times. There's now only four hours until the first pie is placed in the dining room table.

Contestants: you will each get a personalized PM tomorrow with a much more condensed version of the rules. Feel free to contact me should any questions arise.

You are free to do anything until tomorrow when I send you the PM, except obviously throw the pie as it isn't there yet.

2. KendallBunny

KendallBunny Cog Crusher

Shall we introduce ourselves to the other guests? :D

3. Rosiegirl63677

Rosiegirl63677 Gag Trainer

"I can't believe this." A pink rabbit groaned as she stood at the door of her room.

Name: Princess Rosie
    Species: Rabbit
    Colour: Pink
    Personality: Strong-willed, honest, kind, funny but only at particular moments, serious, tough headed, clever and gets angry easily.

4. Dr_Bunky

Dr_Bunky Gag Trainer

*Doctor Bunky sits quietly on his bed, reading over the pattern of information written on the paper, trying to make sense of it before setting it aside and pacing around his bedroom.*

5. Ishud B. Workin

Ishud B. Workin Hall of Fame Hall of Fame TTR Alpha Tester

A loud, booming voice seeming to come from within the walls themselves calls out in a deep, eerie voice.

"The pie has been hidden for today. I have sent individual clues as to its location to each one of your rooms. Good luck."

6. Rosiegirl63677

Rosiegirl63677 Gag Trainer

Princess Rosie sees the letter in the tube. She takes it out and reads it.

"What? I don't... Get this." Princess Rosie muttered to herself as she kept looking at the mix of words and letters trying to figure out if there was a pattern to it.

7. KendallBunny

KendallBunny Cog Crusher

These letters are really confusing. Anyone have a hint yet? I sure don't :(

8. Justinbk

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

How do we sign up? If you just have to post to sign up then count me in! I love the mystery and suspense these types of rps come with.
    "J.C Fumble Flapper heard rumors of this place being an old spot for a pie factory, some say there are still pies hidden. He really should've brought that pie he was going to give the owner for being so kind, he had such a hungry trip though."

9. DemToons

DemToons Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

Look at the last posts date

10. NoobyDBL

NoobyDBL Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

Aw, I wanted to join!

I'll make my own! But right now my computer is at 1 percent battery with no charger! hopefully I can post this in time!