1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR Forum Fun Day 2016 Planning Stage

Discussion in 'Forum Fun Days' started by Wizard Bear, Apr 4, 2016.

?

Will you be interested in the Forum Fun Day?

1. Yes, I am interested!

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  2. No, I'm not interested.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. I'm not completely sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard Bear
    Fine

Wizard Bear Editor-in-Chief
    Cast Member Social Media Forum Moderator ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I wanted to create an official, toontastic tournament for the entire forums so here I am.
    If this event is successful when everything pans out, it would be nice to host it once per month or once per two months at least. I believe that this will bridge the gap of communication between everyone. I would sure love to get to know everyone a lot better and develop bonds with our time here. I believe that it can also allow newer toons to feel more comfortable with engaging in Forum activities and general socialization on the forum and encourage inactive toons to participate more frequently.

Now, first and foremost, I think it's important to establish the rules of the Fun Day and give everyone some insight on what will be happening. On the official day (again, if successful), we'll have a rooster for events so no need to worry.

Overview:
    • The Fun Day will consist of several different events over the span of several hours (give or take).
    • Mainly, the Fun Day will consist of four different activities.
    • Those activities are: Boss Events, Novelty Events, Forum Tournament and the Forum Party.
    • There will be teams of 3-5 people for the novelty events (possibly forum tournament).
    • The structure of the Fun Day events will either be a bracket style tournament where the best player advances i.e. the player that won the event before or a point driven event where the players with the most points will win at the end. Please advise on which direction to take for this.
    • Boss Events are individual events with each victory (victory doesn't mean the boss battle overall) contributing to Forum Event Points (FES for short). Boss Events include all boss battles in the game. Boss Events may also include a boss marathon and a factory marathon.
    • Novelty Events include activities such as Forum Game Show, Forum Fashion Show, Waterway Race, Fishing Showcase, Building Takeover, Speedy Dodge and so on.
    • Team members can be selected via the individual's choice, the organizers' selection or from a random lottery.
    • The Forum Tournament may include activities such as racing in Goofy's Speedway, Find Four, Checkers (Chinese or otherwise), golfing (namely, the Toontown Open 2016), trolley competitions (could be reclassified to novelty events), fishing events and so on.
    • The Forum Party is an opportunity to unwind, relax and chat with other forum members when the Fun Day's events are completed. During the Forum Party, to commemorate everyone for participating, there will be a bean fest.

Rules:

• Any rude behaviour/general "trolling" towards Forum participants and organizers will result in immediate disqualification from the events.
    • All Toontown Rewritten rules apply to this event. Please adhere to the "Guidelines to Being Toontastically Toon Enough" whilst in game.
    • All TTR Forum rules apply to this event (within reason). Please adhere to all rules stated in the Forum Rules thread.
    • Any cheating or "foul play" during the Fun Day will result in immediate disqualification or timeout of participants.
    • If there are issues/disagreements with team members, please report it to the Fun Day organizers. If the issue breaks Toontown Rewritten rules, please Report the person(s) via the Report function in game.
    • (Possible Rule): There will be a referee assigned to teams/toons during the tournament. Do not argue with the referees' decisions. All decisions are final. (Unsure if to assign referees. Please advise.)
    • Listen to the Fun Day organizers at all times and follow their instructions during the event.
    • Forum Fashion and Game shows may not take more than 30 minutes.
    • Most of all, HAVE FUN!

The Forum Fun Day will be held in a district to be announced. Time and timezone of commencement to be announced. Max districts to be allocated are two. Below are a list of events to take place on the Forum Fun Day.

Events (not in any particular order as of now):
    *not official
    • Golfing (Toontown Open 2016)
    • Racing
    • Forum Fashion Show
    • Forum Game Show
    • Fishing Showcase
    • Fishing Event
    • Trolley Competition
    • Waterway Race
    • Building Takeover
    • Boss Marathon*
    • Facility Marathon*
    • Facility Race
    • Speedy Dodge
    • Organizers Event*
    • Table Games Tournament (Find Four, Checkers, Chinese Checkers*)
    • Obstacle Dodge/Race*
    • Award & Recognition Ceremony (will extend to the Forums, not limited to the Fun Day's events)
    • Opening Ceremony
    • Forum Party
    • Forum Bean Fest
    • Closing Ceremony

If you have any further concerns with the event, please comment below or start a conversation with me at @Wizard Bear (obviously). If anything needs to be clarified, please use the same means of contacting me. If you want to expand and give some suggestions on what I posted here, please comment or PM me.

Thank you for your time! Changes will be made to this post depending on community opinion, so don't be afraid to comment or PM me with any ideas/suggestions/revisions/concerns.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 4
  2. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I am on board! Hopefully a few mods decide to hop on board as well :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miniapollo17
    Yeehaw

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    I'm not a mod but I'd participate in it :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blue Bear
    Goofy

Blue Bear Administrator Cast Member Administrator TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    Count me in! This has my full support definitely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Also, what are Waterway Race and Speedy Dodge?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smartiez
    No Mood

Smartiez Isaiah
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This is really awesome @Wizard Bear :D
    I would so participate in it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wizard Bear
    Fine

100%
    Oops, sorry for not clarifying earlier. Waterway Race and Speedy Dodge are both novelty events.

In Waterway Race, the player will have to race from one end of the stream on the estate or in Chip and Dales (preferably Chip and Dales) to the other end of the stream without coming out of the water or seemingly touching a large part of the grass. The player will either be given a time limit or will be timed on how fast they can swim to the other end.

In Speedy Dodge, the player will take to Cashbot HQ to undertake a variety of obstacles. On the day, one of the organizers will summon a Micromanager invasion (most likely myself). The toons will have to avoid the Micromanagers by at least jumping over 5 of them and running past all 3 train tracks without waiting for the train. If a toon encounters a Micromanager or gets run over by a train, they lose. If they can get past all of the Micromanagers and past the train tracks, they will win. Thus, for this event, timing is essential.

Speedy Dodge may have to be revised to accommodate for lower level toons. Waterway Race may also need to be revised to make sure it's fun for everyone.
    This layout isn't final and thus is completely open to change. I would really appreciate any feedback that I can get in terms of the events. I will also revise the thread so everything is clearer for everyone.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon

100%
    potential could be there

• Like Like x 1
  9. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

100%
    Jumping over Micromanagers :D
    That reminds me of when I was a noob back on TTO. I wanted to know if you could jump over Micros. I didn't know they were in DD (I never bought membership) but somehow I knew there were some in Brrrgh. So I went to the Brrrgh to try to jump over a level 7. I failed. Needless to say, it sent me right back to the playground.
    I'm getting off topic. Thanks for clarifying. If this goes through, it definitely needs its own subsection, because there's way too much info for one thread.

BTW I am totally on board for Speedy Dodge :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. BluMew
    Cold

BluMew Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    sign me up, but might not be able to attend as im in gmt and ur all in est / w.e
    ;~;

• Like Like x 2
  11. Domino Mouse
    Snobbish

Domino Mouse Blue Bear's Pet Mouse
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Awesome idea, count me in ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  12. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse Soundless Comrade! TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Potentially could be here

• Like Like x 1
  13. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

100%
    On a side note: I would for sure attend speed run boss battle contests for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wittle Whimsy
    Sweettooth

Wittle Whimsy Mildly Uncomfortable KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    omigoshi yas :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. JazzMan
    Hot

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah I'd join and possibly be a game show host (I love hosting game shows)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wizard Bear
    Fine

100%
    Don't worry! I'm trying to figure out how to best accommodate everyone's timezones. This is where everyone's feedback should come in. Even if you miss one or two events, I'm sure you'll be able to do others.

This is the planning stage so I really want everyone to give any feedback on events that they would like to happen, events that should be excluded, events that should be tweaked and so on.

17. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

100%
    I could organize boss battles and runs and make a fair bracket if you need too, depending on who comes

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mano
    Energetic

Mano Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    set a date, thank you :)
    please put this timezone in ur list(GMT+2) or GMT only its okay..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Elite Puppy
    In-Love

Elite Puppy Kentity <4 KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Mee. I could help out with the beanfest :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wizard Bear
    Fine

100%
    Don't worry, the date of the Fun Day will be announced in due course. I'm just trying to make sure that everything is in order first.
    Also, when the schedule for the Forum Fun Day is finished, it will show the appropriate times for all timezones. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2016 ---
    That'll be great! Thanks a lot! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.