1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened When you Realized TTO was closing?

Discussion in 'Toontown Memories' started by Super Zany, May 11, 2016.

1. Super Zany
    No Mood

Super Zany Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    This is a sad memory for many, but let's face it- it's interesting to hear the stories.
    As for me...
    Sometime in early August, my friend called me in real life. "Julia!!" He cried, "Toontown is closing! We've GOTTA play it!!" I sighed. (I used his real name, but I'll call him Zoop.) "Zoop," I replied, "Toontown is not closing. It's doing... great, and besides, so many people play it!" Zoop groaned. "Believe what you want, but it IS closing. Later this year, too!" We just played it that day, but I did not know it was actually closing.
    Later that month, I checked the TT website, looking for new updates. Then I saw it really WAS closing. At first I thought, "Maybe someone hacked it!" But the FAQ looked real. I cried that night... Toontown was the first video game I ever played, right after I learned to read.
    I played Toontown like CRAZY up until the closing date. I wanted Super Zany to stand for something! I trained my doodles, gags, and laff, I earned tons of jellybeans, and I did everything I ever dreamed of... except maxing.. or getting past 52 or so laff.
    On September 19th, I went to bed early, hoping this was just some messed-up nightmare. When I woke up, I jumped on the computer and logged into Toontown... but it wouldn't let me in.
    Toontown was GONE, and I had already lost all my trading cards from the newsletter. I also lost all 8 of my Toons, my progress, my doodles... everything.
    Then I found ttr and I now have better EVERYTHING than before! Except Jellybeans but EH.
    So... share your story! No matter how long!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Riot
    In-Love

Riot Elite Toon Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    I was in disbelief. I remember some sort of banner or something appeared on the launcher before they posted on the website. I thought that the launcher was hacked. After I found out, I cried for a couple of days, and then I heard about TTR from a friend before it was officially announced. I held onto the hope that TTR would last for a while, and here we are!

• Like Like x 3
  3. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

king lollipop junior TTR = broken promises TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I said to myself oh (I was on a six month break ) I played for the last month, I never cried because no reason too, nothing lasts forever

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Duke Cricket Boingenzap
    Snobbish

Duke Cricket Boingenzap Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    Considering I stopped playing TTO a year before it closed. I didn't really care.

5. Catcat
    Gloomy

Catcat Villain Number One TTR Beta Tester

100%
    My mother and my sister told me about it, I was pretty calm up until it closed, didn't care about my toons, nope, I cried over my doodle

THE DOODLE-

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rocco Zippenspeed
    Cool

Rocco Zippenspeed Mini Moderator
    Cast Member Mini Mod KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I was shocked when I heard the news. I was really sad to see it go since it was my childhood. My brother and I would play it everyday, so it also meant a lot to him too. A few days later, a friend of mine told me about Toontown Rewritten. I immediately got excited when I found the website. :)

7. Neighon
    Tired

Neighon Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I woke up and decided to get on to play, saw the launcher, and kinda sat there for a few seconds like "hmm this is weird." I went on the website to confirm it and yep, it was closing. I woke my sister up and we cried for a little while and then we got on with our lives. We made the most out of that last month and then we found TTR :) Been pretty happy every since, especially because I've gotten a lot farther on TTR than on the original game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miniapollo17
    Innocent

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    My mom told me one day and I said "oh." And continued playing my ds.

9. Sorachu
    Tired

Sorachu Bad Luck Charm
    KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    I got grounded and didn't play TTO for six months... When I finally decided to play TTO again my dad has told me he got an E-Mail saying it was closing, in disbelief I logged on really quickly and saw the little banner on the launcher saying the game was closing. @.@ I wasn't really crushed by the whole thing, as I didn't even play the game that much. ;-;

10. Catcat
    Gloomy

Catcat Villain Number One TTR Beta Tester

100%
    "D-did you get any pictures of Lovebird?"
    "yes."
    "okay good bye"

11. king lollipop junior
    No Mood

king lollipop junior TTR = broken promises TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I got grounded for six months then got pardoned because it was closing too. Lol

12. MegaBuilder18
    In-Love

MegaBuilder18 Cog Crusher

85%
    I was so mad that I walked down to Disney HQ, pie in hand, to splat it all over those greedy cogs faces.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    When I first realized that TTO was closing, I was numb and speechless; Then, I realized that I would go to the site and read about why Disney was closing it. Then, it showed up as TTO being Free. I dreamt and made a few birthday wishes that TT could come back for us all after it closed; Wishes granted! Now, we have TTR. :D

14. orange4zion

orange4zion New Toon

40%
    When I read the news, I just quit right there. Yeah, it was free, and yeah, I liked the game, but it wasn't really worth playing anymore once I figured out all my work would be undone. Also, I was banned for like a week after ahh... testing the chat and lost interest in the gane. Alone by the way, no cussing out children here. The stuff I typed though was pretty cringey now that I think about. Perhaps it was best to take a long hiatus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

15. Mirai
    Question

Mirai Elite Toon

100%
    tto closing caused me to have an edgy phase in 7th grade

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roseredren
    Artistic

Roseredren Cog Crusher

60%
    i was fairly heartbroken, but i was on a hiatus at the time so i wasn't around to see the end.

somehow i knew a team of fans would bring it back, so i wasn't too devastated

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smiler19
    Sleepy

Smiler19 New Toon

I was literally so sad. I was probably like 9 or 10 at the time and early August I decided to get online. I received an alert or something (can't really remember) saying that Toontown was closing and everyone who is not a member/vip gets to be one. I was happy and sad, happy because that meant I would get to become a cop but sad because tt was literally everything I knew, everything I grew up playing with. A few days later they announced the date that it was closing and I'll forever remember that day exactly. I just got home from school and rushed to one of the computers to play on before my two brothers stole them. While I was logging on I saw the closing date that said September 19. Call me unlucky but my favorite game was closing on my birthday. Instead of getting online I literally ran into my room crying. I trained so hard for the rest of the month and was happy with where I had gotten. It closed and for months I started looking for a new game to play. Then I found the but my mom wouldn't let me play it for the longest time and I finally convinced her. Then I slowly started to forget about the game, I had gotten my own computer and hadn't downloaded the game. Then just recently I used my email, made a new account, and am almost a maxed toon.

18. Kate
    Stressed

Kate Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    My friends and I used to have a really active group chat, and I was the first one up the morning the closing was announced. I immediately started crying and spamming the group chat, but I think all of us kind of saw it coming, with all the district resets and clones, etc. We pretty much just spent every day in Toon Valley until it closed, and none of us really tried to max; we kind of decided to just spend time together rather than actually do anything. This was back when sf chat was still a thing and we basically had a huge group whisper going the entire day.

19. Sarcasm.
    Sweettooth

Sarcasm. Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I was like are you ------- serious...I was just about to max my second toon, I was so irritated. I figured a remake would happen though just like my past favorite game VMK, so I had hope.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lydiann
    Worried

Lydiann New Toon

40%
    I was online in DG when I saw the info that it was closing. I had just renewed my membership too, so that was a little annoying.

It was sad that I had to leave all of the good friends I made on that game :(

• Like Like x 2