1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened When you Realized TTO was closing?

Discussion in 'Toontown Memories' started by Super Zany, May 11, 2016.

1. Dusty The Mouse
    Notworthy

Dusty The Mouse Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

100%
    i stopped playing TT like a year before it closed. i didn't realize it was closed, i just found out it closed when i found out about TTR

2. starmaster
    Amused

starmaster Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

85%
    My son called to tell me. We used to pay to play and had 6 toons but once we stopped paying they took all but the original 2. So we took turns playing because you couldn't play 2 toons from the same account at once. Then it closed. Nobody mentioned TTR. Then my son showed me a video on youtube about TTR and I tracked it down and got us both playing. On day 25 counting the crashed days.

3. trixiepoodledoodle
    Sad

trixiepoodledoodle Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I didn't believe it until the day it closed. It just kind of hit me that it was gone. I had about a 70 laff toon and the most adorable doodle named Sadie. She was a peacock blue color with darker blue stripes. I miss my doodle so much :( I don't miss the toon as much, I only had the opportunity to train 2 gags, didn't get to finish my third. I can always recreate the toon (which I did). I don't think I can ever recreate Sadie though. Who knows when doodles will be avaliable on TTR (please, soon! :)). I had a really close internet friend too, her toon's name was Princess Candy.
    I'm a little better, now that I have TTR, but it just feels weird playing without the people I've played with since day 1, when I joined. I've found people I've got along with, but I don't talk to them a lot because they aren't online all the time. TTO was the way I got through a lot of personal problems, and I'd just sit there and play for hours. I cried when the game closed, because I could get away from reality and go to a place where the only bad guys were the Cogs, but suddenly, I couldn't. I didn't go to any other games because most of the other games at the time weren't good games and I didn't like them. NGL, I almost went to club penguin after it closed, but I hadn't played it in years and saw how downhill things went, (thanks, Disney) so I just didn't have any game to play until TTR opened. To the creators of TTR- you guys made life a little easier to live when you opened TTR. Thank you guys so much! -Trixie Poodledoodle. This was a really long letter... I'm just gonna awkwardly end it here and run away and hide XD.

4. Comet Oblivion
    Cloud_9

Comet Oblivion Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter

60%
    I played ToonTown probably starting in 2005 all the way to about 2010-2011 (I think). I completely forgot about the game until around late July or August of last year (this is almost 2 years after it closed, mind you), when I googled it and found out it had closed. I wasn't disappointed for very long, though, because I pretty much instantly found TTR and just started playing that for the childhood nostalgia (as is probably the reason why most started playing TTR) :p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Enter
    Stressed

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I went outside.
    Bought a bag of pretzels.
    Tried to eat the entire bag in the deepest darkest corner of the room, and contemplated while doing so.
    Then watched the tragedy unfold.
    And cried internally.
    Then I saw TTR.
    And stopped caring about TTO.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Quackintosh
    Thinking

Quackintosh Cog Crusher
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

85%
    I was inactive for like three months then I came back and saw it was closing and played daily until it closed

7. Weird Feathermouth
    Spaced

Weird Feathermouth Gag Trainer

60%
    I didn't really play that much toontown at the time, but i was chilling in a chatroom, and one of the close friends i made back when i still played, told me that toontown was closing and they gave out memberships for the last few days, i was pretty chill with toontown closing, but then i heard along with it POTCO (Pirates of the Carriabean Online) was closing with it. That game, (along with toontown) were pretty much my entire childhood, i used to play both with my best friend, and now that TTR is opened, i jsut reecently just got back into it, but yet to this day, i have not found a POTCO remake. I'm sure there's one out there, but I either haven't found it; or don't remember it.

8. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I just gathered my friends and we ran through all of the cog bosses. It was pretty fun.

9. Denzium
    Happy

Denzium New Toon

40%
    I remember raging at Disney for not giving TTO the updates and attention it deserved and instead focusing on the unpopular tens (hundreds?) of other Disney games. I wasn't too surprised when it got shut down but it was sad to see a part of my childhood kind of end

• Like Like x 3
  10. Joann
    Sunshine

Joann Elite Toon
    Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I was shocked and I thought someone was just joking with me. :(

11. Miss Holly
    Goofy

Miss Holly New Toon

40%
    I woke up that morning, decided to get on TT, but when I saw that maroon banner on the launcher, I broke down in tears.
    It was the first game I ever played, and to see it close sent me in a panic state.
    My best internet friend was also very upset as well.

But when TTR was announced, I almost screamed in joy.

12. Dottie McDoodle
    Mellow

Dottie McDoodle New Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

40%
    fun fact : it closed on my birthday

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. my mam told me and i was sad, but i hadn't played in years and i enjoyed playing for a month with free membership

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snakebite
    Angelic

Snakebite Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I was sad :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. MoonLightRiver
    Sleepy

MoonLightRiver Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I too had just renewed my membership a few days before they announced it closing and ditto ^^ I knew I wouldnt see some of them again

• Like Like x 2
  16. HappyKat
    Relaxed

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm not gonna lie I cried for a bit while. All my memories took the best of me I saw things flash before me the memories of my first boss bp the memories of maxing my first gag tracks and the memories of meeting my best friend in the whole world which I dearly miss awesome blue dog Man!! So many good times I thought toontown would never come back till I met TTR and i was so happy ever since and. Never look back just continuously amazing and great memories live long TTO will always be my favorite game as a kid

• Like Like x 3
  17. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse if 1 = 2, then i am the pope TTR Beta Tester

100%
    i didnt care much

18. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I was in my later teens at that point and had already quit for a year or so. Upon hearing the news though I was heartbroken to say the least. A huge part of my childhood revolved around Toontown. My friend and I of many years met up and played for a couple more hours until the servers were taken offline. It almost felt apocalyptic LOL.

19. RainyKitsune
    Cynical

RainyKitsune Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    By the time it was closing, I was well into my second year of high school, I think. One of the other students just randomly brought it up, and I was a bit confused. I had taken a hiatus from the game because having no income, I could afford no membership. Eventually, I ended up logging back in and tried my hardest to get as far into Cashbot HQ as I could. Eventually getting somewhere around a Number Crunch in my cog suit.

20. Some Random Toon
    Cloud_9

Some Random Toon New Toon TTR Beta Tester

40%
    Well, I first got nervous, then just joined a bunch of random Toons that said "REPORT EACHOTHER FOR AWARENESS THAT WE DISLIKE IT CLOSING!" Younger Eris didn't know that they likely turned their backs on reports since they were closing, anyways