1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of -less toons, in your opinion, are the worst?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by SuperBunny, Dec 3, 2014.

?

What kind of -less toons, in your opinion, are the worst?

1. Toonup-less

18.7%
  2. Trap-less

2.2%
  3. Lure-less

25.2%
  4. Sound-less

48.9%
  5. Drop-less

5.0%
  1. SuperBunny
    Relaxed

SuperBunny Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    In my opinion, soundless toons are the worst. (There is another thread here about why I think soundless toons are the worst. Go see that for my explanation. It's in Game Polls currently.) Voice your opinions below.

2. peppergloop
    Mischievious

peppergloop Gag Trainer

60%
    dont even go there this subject brings nothing but arguments

• Like Like x 5
  3. SuperBunny
    Relaxed

SuperBunny Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    No, it doesn't Peppergloop. Don't try to ruin other people's threads.

4. Catcat
    Tired

Catcat the dude who unintentionally pulls all-nighters TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Toonup-less, On an unrelated note, Chat-less, Sorry if that hurts anyone, Buts its SO hard to communicate!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Terranort
    Devilish

Terranort Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Everyone has a right to an opinion, and that is exactly what this question is asking, for an opinion. I personally think that Toonup-less is my least favorite. Another thing Peppergloop, the thing that causes arguments are people who are sensative to other people's opinions, which would only be making them look bad.

• Like Like x 3
  6. peppergloop
    Mischievious

peppergloop Gag Trainer

60%
    this subject has been brought up 1000s of times on many forums ive joined it always ends in an argument and then the thread is locked it just causes trouble but hey thats only my opinion let the debate roll

• Like Like x 4
  7. Marcel

Marcel Guest

I can't handle soundless toons. sound is EXTREMELY helpful, and it's only good if everyone can use it

• Like Like x 2
  8. Resonance
    Cloud_9

Resonance Gag Trainer

35%
    I feel that lure-less is my least favorite. I feel that trap-less and drop-less are both the two most common and have nothing wrong with either of them. I used to have a drop-less, but now I have a trap-less - it's whatever. I feel that toon-up-less is a great choice since it's obviously the best choice for soloing and has a lot of power. I feel that soundless is actually a great choice. Sound just makes the game easy and people want to spam their way through the game by clicking between one track alone. I don't agree with people that harass soundless people. Yes, it may make your mint or whatever longer, but then that's your opinion. I feel that if people don't respect soundless people then they should just let them alone and not go up to them like, "Why don't you have sound? Are you stupid?". I respect anyone's decision in their gag tracks, even lureless. The main reason why lure-less is my least favorite is because trap relies on lure. Lure-less toons do have sound, so I feel like they are less harassed, but having trap without lure is a bit rough at times. Unlike some people, I find trap very easy to max, especially if you get another's help - maybe someone who is training lure. So lure is not necessary, but in general, I feel like everything is tougher without lure. Soloing would be a true challenge.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kalk
    Bored

Kalk Cog Crusher

60%
    Toonupless!

Not going to explain why, I've already argued a lot about this.

Followed by: Lureless --> Soundless --> Idc

• Like Like x 2
  10. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    I can't believe how much hate toonupless toons get.

You would seriously prefer a toonupless toon to a soundless toon? Really? You are that afraid of going sad that you can't trust the other two toons in the group to toon you up?

Learn to play the game people. If you fear working with a toonupless toon, you are not good at this game. Shots fired, thats right, if you are the type of person to refuse to work with a toonupless toon - you in fact are bad at toontown whether you realize it or not because you can't defeat something without an infinite health pool on a regular basis. Rant over, moving on to real discussion...

My least favorite is soundless because I'm usually in a rush. Sound is convenient for speeding things up, but it is by no means the end of the world if you dont have it - to me it is just the least desireable type of toon. With good toons, being soundless only adds a few minutes onto a run but with poor toons it can add an hour to a CGC or DA.

Lureless is annoying, but if you have lure, and the other toon doesn't... what are you worried about?

The odds of being stuck alone with 1 toon is low unless you deliberately go out of your way to two man in which case you definitely looked at their gags and decided you were okay with it. Other than that situation, it is incredibly rare to see 3 toonupless, or lureless toons. Therefore there will always be 2 toons with toonup (perfect) 2 toons with lure (perfect) and 4 toons with sound... all you need for a speedy run. Having a soundless toon means you have lure and toonup, and will simply have to take two turns to destroy some sets of cogs instead of 1 turn.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Little Sammie Dandyfoot
    Cheerful

Little Sammie Dandyfoot History Obliterates, Every Picture it Paints
    KTTA TTR Beta Tester KTTA Addict Assistant

100%
    In my opinion, I think Soundless toons are the worst because I think boss runs require the most use of this gags

12. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    Lets not do personal attacks. Its just not needed. If you find fault in his ideas, address those - but there is no reason to engage in whatever conversation this is. I do not know why you have it in for Kalk, but you have done this on multiple threads and its not okay. I've had my disagreements with Kalk - especially on the toonupless argument - but these disagreements should not extend beyond toontown. So whatever happened between the two of you, could you both please let it go and discuss the thread?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2014 ---
    Catcat, I don't see your point. There are still two other places in the group for toons with toonup. Why is the duty to heal the group placed on that particular toon? In most MMO's, there is only one person in a group with the duty of healing others as thats all that is neccessary. In toontown, I will agree that you need two toons with toonup... but that means that toonup is a waste on the other two toons in the party.

Additionally, if a low toon is with a high toon, either they have assumed the risk of working with that toon or they are in an area in which they should not be. If they go sad in such a situation - thats their fault not the high toon. They could have died even if everyone had toonup in that situation.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Dec 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    1. Make good gag choices so you dont need to
    2. Doodles
    3. SOS cards
    4. Thats like going into something with 4 lureless toons, or 4 soundless toons. You dont do that if you value your time. Its doable but highly unlikely unless you plan it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nutty Electronugget

Nutty Electronugget Gag Trainer

60%
    i think Lureless toons, because if you have Trap and not Lure, wouldn't it be unusual?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marcel

Marcel Guest

Well, imo, I think it's okay if 2 toons have toonup in a battle, since you can't heal yourself if you have Toonup.
    Heals is extremely important, but it doesn't have to be like, EVERYONE has to have it.
    It's helpful, but it's not like sound where pretty much everyone needs it for it to work well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Super Banjo The Second
    Cynical

Super Banjo The Second Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I have done Every Boss and Office/Mint/Factory in the game without anyone using toonup on Many occasions. when toonup is needed its because people chose really poorly (when i played with lower toons) and when i did 4 man VPs and CFOs even though i was toonupless no one went sad because we played smart. which ever side finished first would go over and everyone would get toonup from teh other side. and we never needed more than 20 points of toonup.
    even in a DA office D where sound missed twice we didnt use toonup because toonup barrels exist. and we gotta go fast

• Like Like x 2
  17. Catcat
    Tired

Catcat the dude who unintentionally pulls all-nighters TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Lol Faster faster f-f-faster. Im sorry I had to!

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. CaptainLionel
    Cool

CaptainLionel Cog Crusher

10%
    In my opinion lure-less are worst and sound-less

lureless because I dont have so good lure and when they dont have hypnos we can be in danger.

Soundless because for example mint groups will take so long and its little harder.

19. Illit3rate

Illit3rate Gag Trainer

35%
    Short answer:

Sound - Lure - Drop - Trap - Toonup

I couldn't care less about the last three. It's really just the lureless and soundless toons that throw a monkey wrench in plans sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Flunky
    Veggedout

Flunky Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    probably sound-less.. idk why people picked toonup-less when you dont even need toonup if you're playing good

• Like Like x 5