1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What order did you pick your gags in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryou, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryou

Ryou Cog Crusher

If you haven't ever gotten to DDL and decided on your final gag track, just pick what you would do.
    For me:

Toon-Up --> Lure --> Sound --> Trap

Toon-Up is harder to train, so I'd like to get it early. It's also very useful as you need to keep your team alive in buildings.

Lure is hard to train as well, and it's very useful once you get it to Level 4.

Sound is a killing machine if used right, usually with other team members. Easy to train.

I'm picking Trap because it seems easier to train, does more damage and just seems more cool and efficient.

2. Yazzy

Yazzy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

I personally went for --> Sound -> Lure -> Toon up -> Trap.
    This time round I wanted to choose sound first simply because my main toon on TTO chose toon-up first so it seemed like a nice change, but I have to say I do kind of regret it now because currently I'm in the Brrgh and my toon's sound and toon-up are actually now at the same level (level 3). I've found so far in TTR that I've rarely had an opportunity so use/train sound so to me it seems a bit of a waste that I got it first as I've rarely needed it.
    I chose trap last though because it seemed the least important to have to me, it may be hard to train but toon-up was more important. There's been countless times so far in TTR where I've gone in to a factory run or Building and no one has toon-up (or at least no one has decent toon-up) and consequently we fail. It seems to me (from what I've experienced anyway) that most people have also gone the sound first route in TTR.

3. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Gag Trainer

On TTO Polly Prankpaws, I went for Sound -> Drop -> Trap -> Lure.
    I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking by getting drop first and getting trap without lure first. I was nine years old though, which could be a rational explanation for some of my unwise choices.
    On TTR Polly Prankpaws, I went for Sound -> Lure, and I'm currently training for trap. Literally have no idea whether I should get Toon-up or Drop.

4. itstrickTime

itstrickTime Guest

i'm trying to make all my toons either trapless, dropless or soundless, but my main (fast) was like this in tto and will be like this in ttr:
    toon-up > lure > sound > drop

5. Cleaver N Stuff

Cleaver N Stuff Gag Trainer

Sound - Lure - toon-up - Drop

6. Honoka

Honoka Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

I ALWAYS pick Toon-up first.

My order is usually Toon-up -> Lure -> Sound -> Drop/Trap.

I picked to get Drop on Honoka instead of Trap. I normally pick Trap instead of Drop, but since I haven't gone Trapless in a long time, I just decided to go for it.

7. Justinbk

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

My first time it was Toon-up -> Drop -> Sound -> Lure
    This time I plan for it to be Toon-up -> Lure -> Sound -> Trap
    Getting trap last because it's much harder to train in the more starting areas and I don't plan to use it as much as the other gags for awhile.

8. hey1one85

hey1one85 Gag Trainer

I went toonup -> drop -> sound -> lure

Honestly, i prefer trap to drop. I just had never had a trapless on TTO (shocking, i know) and wanted to try it. I want my trap back :(

Cleaver N Stuff likes this.
  9. Oakley

Oakley Elite Toon

I went like toonup, lure, sound, trap

10. Master Cliff Fizzlebee

Master Cliff Fizzlebee Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

TU -> Drop -> Sound -> Lure on TTO, which just happened to be a good sequence in the relative difficulties of training these tracks. The downsides are that I got Lure pretty late and that I never really ended up with maxxed gags - just a more balanced combo of 5s and 6s.

11. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

I did Toonup (to help peopel), Lure )God I loved that track), Trap (it kills) and Sound (I feared Drop's low accuracy)

12. JazzMan

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

I did toonup, drop, sound, trap. Big mistake going lure less.

This time I'm doing sound, lure, trap, drop. Gonna be toonupless. I figured that pretty much everyone else has toonup so it would be kind of redundant to also get toonup

13. Sephilius

Sephilius Gag Trainer

In the original Toontown I went Sound-->Lure-->Toon-Up-->Drop

14. Fergenshunffer

Fergenshunffer Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

This is THE ONLY ORDER for me so far:

Sound -> Drop -> Trap -> Lure

This is kind of a weird order. Let me explain.

1. I knew I didn't want to train Toon-Up from the start. I was the only one out of my friends that was Toon-Upless, so it didn't really matter. I picked sound because I thought it would be a good thing to have, and I was right. It certainly helped speed up battles.

2. I also knew that I wanted Drop. I had wanted it since I started the game. Even though it misses sometimes, it's very helpful in battles if you want to get rid of one lower level cog so you can focus on the REAL challenge.

3. This is where it gets strange. I got Trap because I saw the huge amounts of damage it could do. Plus, selecting trap before lure was a great way to train my other gags.

4. And lastly, I needed Lure for Trap, and for the knock back effect. It was more helpful than I though it would be actually.

So, this is my list. It's kind of weird, but whatever.

15. Moonshake

Moonshake Cog Crusher

Yeah, this is an unconventional order, but I can see where you're coming from and it's still valid ;) . I believe you'll have to do some lure and trap training, but you need lure for trap anyway so it's pretty easy to train both at the same time (my lure is higher than my squirt. Yes, I am closer to goggles than storm cloud ;) ).

I picked "the conventional" toonupless way (Sound -> Lure -> Trap -> Drop) because I made sure I wouldn't undertrain. I'm on early Brrrgh with some pretty good gags, and by the end of it I expect to have trapdoor (close to TNT, perhaps), fog horn, birthday cake, storm cloud (these are easy to max) and even goggles (there's a need for goggles, but there is no need to have your lure maxed. You'll never use presentation anyway). That means I will have to hardcore train drop after I finish Brrrgh. At least I will have to train *only* drop ;) .

16. Megan

Megan Gag Trainer

sound > lure > toonup > trap

17. Kitteness

Kitteness Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

toon up lure sound drop

18. Captain time travel

Captain time travel Gag Trainer

I would pick toon up drop and sound

19. Justinbk

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

I think you're missing one gag track of choice, lure/trap. Also, this topic is referring to what order you would pick them up, not what you'd pick up unless that's what you were intending.

20. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

You gotta pick lure though. Even if you dislike trap, lure can save you sooo much. Lure has helped me survive a lot of street battles back in my day (speaking in generalities, not a criticism of you)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.