1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFF TOPIC What Shows Did You Grow Up With?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FantariaTempesta, Aug 20, 2017.

1. FantariaTempesta

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

I am curious, what shows did you guys watch as kids? For me, since I was living in the USA at the time, I was watching Blue's Clues, Max and Ruby, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Caillou, The Wiggles, Bear in the Big Blue House, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Oobi, Sesame Street, Play with Me Sesame, Oswald, Little Bear, and so much more!
    In Israel, we mostly do Hebrew dubs of American/Canadian/European kids shows. Like for example LazyTown in Israel is Neve Atslanut, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is HaPoni haKatan Sheli: Chaverut Hi Kesem. But we do have some originals like Rechov Sumsum (literally "Sesame Street"), which is basically Sesame Street but tailored for an Israeli audience, and Muli v'Tsumi (Muli and Tsumi). (Providing some videos so you guys can see what's usually on my TV lol)

What shows or kids channels did you watch as kids? (It was mostly Playhouse Disney, Nick Jr., and NOGGIN in my household, then PBS Kids)

Adorkable Mousie likes this.
  2. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

I've got way too many to list, but when I first started watching Cartoon Network, I watched The Loony Tunes, Swat Kats, Space Ghost, both the original and Coast to Coast, Dink the Little Dinosaur, which was pretty much a rip-off of A Land Before Time lol, Batman: The Animated Series, pretty much all the Cartoon Cartoons lineup, and much more.

On the Nickelodeon side of things, I watched The Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Rocket Power, All That, Kenan and Kell, and a whole lot more. If it came on during the 90s and early 00s, I probably watched whatever was on.

I started getting into anime with Pokemon and Digimon on WB and Fox kids, and later on started watching Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Tenchi Muyo, and countless others.

There was no Disney Channel with our cable at the time, so couldn't watch anything that came on there. Overall I was the typical 90s kid lol.

The intro to Swat Kats is pretty much 90s in a nutshell lol

FantariaTempesta likes this.
  3. FantariaTempesta

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Tenchi Muyo GXP is my jam. I watched a lot of those shows when I was a little bit older, since my parents were usually like "hey the wiggles are on" then it was MY turn to hog the TV lol.

Adorkable Mousie likes this.
  4. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

Tenchi on Cartoon Network was honestly bad with all the censoring that had to be done and the bad English dubbing lol. This show would have honestly been better on Adult Swim, but even then some of it would have to be censored to be shown on tv lol. I guess it exposed me to something better later in life, but yeah there's no way I could go back to watching the horrible English dub and heavily censored version lol.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. meanie oatmeal

meanie oatmeal Cog Crusher

spongebob, phineas and ferb, all of disney channel but mainly both suite life shows

6. Flunky

Flunky Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

The Wiggles, Caillou, Little Bill, Spongebob, Peppa Pig, Phineas and Ferb, Ben 10, Teen Titans, Courage the Cowardly dog, Hannah Montana, Corey in the House, Rugrats, Eastenders, Cat Dog, Chowder, Camp Lazlow, Sixteen, Total Drama Island, etc

7. Mae Borowski

Mae Borowski Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

Rocko's Modern Life, Danny Phantom, Kim Possible, Powerpuff Girls, Avatar The Last Airbender, the Total Drama series, Sixteen, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Invader Zim, Sonic X, Sonic Underground, Blues Clues, Sesame Street, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time, and Regular Show. There's probably more but I still watch cartoons to this day lol so I get them all mixed up sometimes.

8. Mighty Crash

Mighty Crash Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

Early 2000's Cartoon Network was the bomb man...
    - Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
    - Chowder
    - Camp Lazlo
    - Courage the Cowardly Dog
    - Foster Home for Imaginary Friends

9. Mackenzie the Big Mac

Mackenzie the Big Mac Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

LazyTown, The Wiggles, Fresh Beat Band, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street in spanish (when i was a little kid xd), and Max & Ruby.

10. WonderfulUnknown

WonderfulUnknown Cog Crusher

Ni Hao Kai Lan

11. Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, Dexter's Labatory, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Jimmy Neutron, Zoey 101, Drake and Josh, Old Spongebob, Lilo and Stich, Kim Possible, Brandy and Mr Whiskers, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Fairy Oddparents, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Life with Derek, Invader Zim, Codename Kids Next Door, Fosters Home of Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Lizzie Mcguire, Even Stevens, The Replacements, Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb, Wizards of Waverly Place, Sonny with a Chance, Good Luck Charlie, American Dragon Jake Long, The Emperor's New Groove, Cory in the House, ICarly, Flapjack, Camp Lazio, Danny Phantom, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Phineas and Ferb, Rugrats, Catscratch, The Looney Tunes Show. I'm proud of being a 2000's kid.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Sep 2, 2017
  12. Ugh how can I forget, The Legend of Korra.

13. Fauna

Fauna Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

When I was very young; Little Bear, Caillou, Dragon Tales, Oswald, Maggie and The Ferocious Beast, Clifford, Rollie Pollie Ollie, PB & J Otter, Out Of The Box, Bear in The Big Blue House, Lazy Town, Max and Ruby, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch, Franklin, Rugrats, The Koala Brothers, Stanley, there are probably more but I cannot recall any other names.

A bit older; That's So Raven, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, Good Luck Charlie, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Zoey 101, Drake and Josh, Sister Sister, Full House, Spongebob, Suite Life On Deck, Unfabulous, Ned's Declassified, House of Anubis, Lizzy Mcguire, Amanda Show, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Sonny With a Chance, The Mighty Bee, Gravity Falls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, again, there are probably more but I can't think of them at the moment.

14. Christoph

Christoph New Toon

I remember Thomas the Tank Engine, SuperTed, Bananas in Pajamas, Play School

A bit later it became all about Dragon Ball Z :D :D

Shoinelight35 likes this.
  15. Nodog

Nodog Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

I watched just about every kids channel you could imagine. Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney, etc.

For shows:

- The Angry Beavers
    - Arthur
    - Blue's Clues
    - Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
    - The Busy World of Richard Scarry
    - CatDog
    - ChalkZone
    - Chowder
    - Courage the Cowardly Dog
    - Dexter's Laboratory
    - Doug
    - The Fairly OddParents
    - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    - The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    - KaBlam!
    - Kipper
    - Looney Tunes
    - Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
    - My Life as a Teenage Robot
    - Phineas & Ferb
    - Pokemon
    - The Powerpuff Girls
    - Recess
    - Ren & Stimpy
    - Rocko's Modern Life
    - Rugrats
    - Sailor Moon
    - The Secret Show
    - Sesame Street
    - Sheep in the Big City
    - SpongeBob SquarePants
    - Thomas & Friends
    - Tom & Jerry

The list goes on...

16. avici

avici New Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Jimmy Neutron

17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

CORY IN THE HOUSE (enough said)

18. Celestria

Celestria Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Basically all the 90s shows - I'm too lazy to list them all.

19. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
    in the early 2000s I found these on dvds and were a charm man

20. Whisker Loopy Writer

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

I loved to watch Barney when I was 2-3 years old. I also loved Little Bear, Franklin, Pokémon, Figure It Out, and Little Bill. I watched Arthur.