1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which gag do you prefer to leave off the most?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by The Rogue Ranger, Jan 30, 2020.

?

Which gag do you like to leave off the most?

1. Toon-up

43.8%
  2. Trap

18.8%
  3. Lure

25.0%
  4. Sound

12.5%
  5. Drop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Rogue Ranger

The Rogue Ranger Cog Crusher

So, which gag would you prefer to leave off?
    My preference is:
    1. Lure
    2. Toon-up
    3. Trap
    4. Sound
    5. Drop

I leave toon-up because everyone else has it. For toon-up you only need two people to have it, and even then you'll most likely have more. Plus there are unites, SOS cards and doodles. Lure is the same reason, but you only have SOS cards to lure with, but is ok because lureless toons are so rare, at most you'll have like 2 in a group, which means 6 goggles, some big magnets, and SOS cards. With all this said, you don't usually need 6 goggles unless it is a D office, and toon-up is also almost never needed (about 3 juggles per boss/building/facility). Trapless is also good because trap is pretty bad. Like you carry less of it than drop, but get something worse than drop. Just not worth it. Rather pick drop anyday. Sound is just so that I can speed through things, so I don't make soundless toons all the time. Drop is my favorite gag, so... And it is so useful in boss battles. The only reason dropless is better than anything else is in DA Offices when you trap and lure on the last battle on each floor (usually).

Well thats my opinion, anyway.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

My personal order is tuless, trapless, soundless, lureless, then at the bottom dropless.

Tuless is my favorite gag build since tuless toons get both trap and drop and I personally find lure to be much more useful to have than tu, and of course they can train everything themselves if they want to whereas if they went lureless they would need someone else to use lure to train their trap.

Trapless is the most versatile build imo since they got gags that cover the most situations, with toonup to heal others as needed easily and to lure cogs if they need to be stunned. They also have drop that definitely has more combo potential than trap especially with sound, and organic birthday cake definitely can be used as a replacement for tnt in terms of it's damage to kill lured 11s.

Soundless is a fun build to me since it does require a bit of knowledge about gag combos and cog health, and what gags are needed to kill off the cogs. It's a break to me from the monotony of primarily using sound through most of the game and does help one learn new gag combos that helps when playing other toons.

Lureless is honestly a pretty boring build to me since you're mainly still sounding, but don't have lure gags for support and tu is hardly needed if everyone plays right especially at the cog golf courses. I just find lure to be one of the most useful support gags in the game so why I place it so low.

Dropless is honestly bad to me since drop is also one of my favorite gags to have in the game, and not having it for bosses really does feel like a hindrance especially not being able to get rid of those pesky lone level 12s as easily without the piano. It only really shines in da offices since drop is really not needed there and having both trap and lure and organic throw is great there, but other than that I can't recommend playing as a dropless.

The Rogue Ranger likes this.
  3. The Rogue Ranger

I pretty much agree with you, especially on what you said about dropless. But, the point on lureless not being able to train trap by themselves doesn't really bother me at all since I always train trap with my alt or someone else. I do understand maybe wanting to train trap by yourself when it is weak or when you need 200 ish to go for the next gag, but it doesn't effect me at all.

4. Violin3607

Violin3607 Elite Toon

1.) Toonup - It’s rarely used strategy-wise (only for stuns, which can be taken care of with more gags), only to make up for poor strategy and bad RNG.
    2.) Sound - I love the experience of playing with/as a soundless toon a lot. Honestly, it’s refreshing to ditch the sound, even with toons who unfortunately can’t adapt to soundless strats to save their life.
    3.) Lure - Even with another lureless in the group, it’s not a problem unless you’re with toons with low lure. The majority of the time, you can make the first move in attacking the cogs and get through the cog fight without the toons even having the faintest idea you don’t have lure.
    4.) Trap - The order of all of these would be significantly different if I answered this a year or two ago, but I absolutely love having both trap and drop, despite them being looked at as the most expendable tracks. If being asked to pick between trap and drop (which, I was; my main being trapless), however, I’d say trap is easily less versatile in strategies than drop is.
    5.) Drop - Like you, drop is also my favorite gag. I’d say safe is definitely the most underrated gag in the game, coming in handy a lot on my soundless toon. Of course, pianos are incredibly useful, and drop overall helps to kill those strange sets of cogs when paired with sound.

5. Trap

Trap Mini Moderator Cast Member Mini Mod TTR Beta Tester

I want to say toonup but looking at my semis my lureless love shows the most :p

sound and drop my fav tracks, most of my toons have them.

6. That Soundless Horse

That Soundless Horse HAHA FOUND YA LENNEH TTR Beta Tester

in order of preference with some explanation, maybe too much but i'm bored lol
    5 - dropless
    this, is just a preferential matter but i don't like dropless. don't care if you do, but trap is just not fun on its own for me, while the sos argument is no longer true, it never held much weight (heh) anyways. Can do more damage, combine drop, etc. Don't like dropless, is the only trackless I haven't and will never make.
    4 - soundless
    there's no reason to go in this game lol. though at the same time there's no reason to hate on soundless. there's a at most 5 minute time difference between runs, i don't need to explain that soundless takes hours because that myth just isn't true lol. just no reason to really do it at this point, there's no challenge, instead of 2 fog 2 trunk you lure and 4 cake. don't care much for soundless, sound is faster and more effective but not too much more effective, the segregation and discrimination (yes, i'm using this terms to describe this) isn't nearly as bad as it was when my friend tango was around in the 2015-2017 era but i still don't really run silent in public in cash because of distant memories of it (have video evidence of that except choice words are used so nah can't link lol) oh well, still kinda fun the first 3 times you do a boss, still boring whilst grinding.
    3 - lureless
    i kinda like it. considering 90% of the game has lure, the tradeoff of 2 tnts is pretty nice. especially if you max gags early, easy money
    2 - toonupless
    pretty fun, same reasoning towards lureless, that being 90% of the game has it, and a jump doodle is not an awful substitute, pretty unfortunate in tto coach z and his fanboys pushed a negative imagine of lureless and toonupless but w/e.
    1 - trapless
    biased but trapless is the best all-round track for me.

7. Adorkable Mousie

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

Yeah I also use my alts to train my new toons these days, so it's pretty easy for me to train a lureless toon's trap. It's just not a build I would recommend for someone's first toon since it can be a pain needing someone to lure to be able to train trap, but of course that person could also make an alt right in the beginning like I did and not have that problem lol.

8. Commander Saturn

Commander Saturn Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

Tuless, tuless, and tuless

You don’t really need it early on in the game since it’s too weak anyways. Later on you have sos cards, unites, etc to save your hide in case something goes wrong (Most likely CEO)

9. The Rogue Ranger

I just feel like I wasn't very clear that I like all the different types of -less toons, other than dropless lol. So yeah, they are all good other than dropless tbh (I feel like the fact I put soundless so low might make people think I don't like soundless :O)

I will also point out that I actually think toon-up less is the best, I just think it is more fun to play as a lureless (so fun to do 8 man lureless boss battles lol)

10. Furious Wind

Furious Wind Gag Trainer

My favorite one to leave out the most is Tu. I just like Tu-less because everyone already has Tu, like you said. Plus in my opinion Tu is hard to train, and if you have trap, in my opinion, you have the two hardest gag track to train. Also how you said, we have SOS cards, unites and doodles, which can do us a lot.

11. Nodog

Nodog Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

1. Trap
    Having no Trap isn't an issue when organic cake, which you likely have, can also kill lured 11s.

2. Toon Up
    I like primarily offensive builds. Not being able to heal is somewhat of an issue but even then you have rewards for that.

3. Lure
    Only thing preventing me from putting this higher up is how long training Trap takes.

4. Drop
    I always liked Drop better than Trap

5. Sound
    The Soundless Horse put it best on why--hey wait this list is just Soundless Horse's list isn't it

12. The Rogue Ranger

Doesn't really take any more time at all if you are lureless, it is only annoying to have to find someone to help you raise like 20 points to the next gag, but it isn't like you are trying to train trap by yourself, unless, like I said, you need like 20 points. So really, that argument is invalid.

13. The Greater Picture

The Greater Picture Cog Crusher

toon-up cause it is useless (and it is, when i multi toon i dont need it)

order is toon-up less, lureless, soundless, trapless, dropless
    dropless is just bad lol

14. Keb

Keb New Toon

Lureless>TUless>Trapless/Soundless>Dropless

Honestly lureless and TUless are the two good choices, since I play by myself (alts/solos) 75% of the time, soundless wouldn't even be challenging, and if I wanted to not use sound I would just not use it instead, so don't really like soundless, dropless is just horrible, trapless is okay but it feels better to have trap than to not when none of my toons even have organic throw.